BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6
Author: Subject: Buying property in Baja?
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-16-2016 at 12:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Actually the "ejido" traces way back to the Aztecs,

======================

Verify that. ohhh... youcan't?

You're funny Dennis. :lol::lol:

I bet any Mexican Junior High student knows this common history about the ejido having roots starting with the Aztecs, but it's not surprising that you Dennis are ignorant of this fact.

Here is some basic information about the ejido from "Wikipedia" that's a fair minded encyclopedia. Of course if you just do a Google search of the Aztecs and Ejido, and find a wealth of information on the subject in both English and Spanish.

I also included the same "Wikepedia" article that also mentions the Mexican Revolution, and how the revolutionary peasants seeking a return of their land, and how that dream was realized years later under the great President Lázaro Cárdenas who nationalized the oil companies and gave Standard oil the boot, and told US oil companies they are no longer allowed to steal Mexican national resources. ( the last part of my sentence are my words, and not linked here, but it's also common knowledge.)

In Mexican system of government, an ejido (Spanish pronunciation: [eˈxiðo], from Latin exitum) is an area of communal land used for agriculture, on which community members individually farm designated parcels and collectively maintain communal holdings. Ejidos are registered with Mexico's National Agrarian Registry (Registro Agrario Nacional). The system of ejidos was based on an understanding of the Aztec calpulli and the medieval Spanish ejido.

During the colonial era and the 19th Century Liberal La Reforma and expansion of haciendas in the late 19th Century under Porfirio Díaz, landlessness was a serious issue in Mexico. It was one of the core problems that contributed to the outbreak of the Mexican Revolution, notably Morelos where Emiliano Zapata led revolutionary peasants seeking return of their lands. Tierra y libertad (land and liberty) was one of the slogans of the Revolution. Distribution of large amounts of land did not begin until Lázaro Cárdenas became president in 1934. The ejido system was introduced as an important component of the agrarian land reform in Mexico.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ejido
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-17-2016 at 06:13 AM

Suggest you read deeper than WIKi and get your facts straight...Start wit "Villa and Zapata, A history of the Mexican Revolution" by Frank McLynn, then "The Wind That Swept Mexico" By Brenner and Leighton...That one has a lot of pictures in it, make it easier for you...Until then....Quit playing the expert...

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-17-2016 at 09:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Suggest you read deeper than WIKi and get your facts straight...Start wit "Villa and Zapata, A history of the Mexican Revolution" by Frank McLynn, then "The Wind That Swept Mexico" By Brenner and Leighton...That one has a lot of pictures in it, make it easier for you...Until then....Quit playing the expert...

It would be better if some "Baja Nomad" senior citizens learned how to use links to support their views.

That said, like most things in the world including the Mexican Revolution, will have many narratives , and frames of reference. So forgive if I skip reading Frank McLynn's a British author book on the Mexican Revolution that probably as skewed as history books written in the US for children, that for example paints Pancho Villa, as a criminal villain outlaw who was chased down and brought to justice by the American military.

This is one of the reasons why I included Pancho Villa's name, although he wasn't as important to Mexican land reform movement Zapata, and other Mexican leaders, but he was still a revolutionary figure.

The only reason why I included an "Wikepedia" quote, is because it's known to be a pretty reliable and middle of the road source.

Now quit with the passive-aggressive attacks on me. I just find them too funny.

[Edited on 8-17-2016 by JoeJustJoe]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-17-2016 at 09:23 AM

Thank you for your input, JJJ.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-18-2016 at 11:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
...history books written in the US for children, that for example paints Pancho Villa, as a criminal villain outlaw who was chased down and brought to justice by the American military.

I find it hard to believe you aren't making that one up. Which book is this?

Lencho, I don't happen to have a children's grade school text book laying around, but a simple Google search, has many articles painting Pancho Villa, as a career criminal villain like the article I posted below. I have a teacher friend from from Texas, that also pretty much confirms what's in the media about the Texas school districts, for example white washing black slavery in the US in their school text books, as if slavery never existed in the US, and also painting a very dark history of Mexico especially in regards to the war between Mexico and the US, and later when talking about the Mexican revolution.

You can easily these types of one-sided stories below in school textbooks especially in Texas as well as other subjects that re-write history like slavery i just mentioned, or deny or distort basic science like evolution or climate change. So it's no surprise that Pancho Villa, in some US school text books is painted as a career criminal cold-blooded killer who was finally brought to justice by the US military.

When Terrorists First Attacked the U.S.

A hundred years ago this month, the nation was blindsided by the first act of terrorism on U.S. soil—at the hands of Mexican troops commanded by the revolutionary Pancho Villa.

read the story here:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/05/when-terror...

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2016 at 12:03 PM

Your problems are many Mr. Shmo... Two outstanding in this thread...you don't know north from south, and you have no clue as to the part of history allocated to President Carranza of Mexico.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2016 at 12:17 PM

Exactly Clearly JJJ has only superficial knowledge of Revolutionary history, and I have no interest in educating him.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2016 at 03:09 PM

Rite-on , Chuckie. I'm done with his lame intrusion into the civil side of the board. He has to go back to Sewerville where he's royalty.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-18-2016 at 03:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Your problems are many Mr. Shmo... Two outstanding in this thread...you don't know north from south, and you have no clue as to the part of history allocated to President Carranza of Mexico.

One thing I have noticed on "Baja Nomad' with it's senior citizens, is they talk a lot of smack and they have this very narrow mind of thinking when they don't agree with something they make ad hominem attacks, usually in a passive-aggressive way or straight out insults like Dennis.

But one thing these senior citizens, some ex-pats will do is NEVER provide a link proving their points, or backing up their opinions with written facts, or other points of views.

They just say something, and expect everyone to believe it, and if you call them on it, the ad hominem attacks come.

For example I call out Dennis on the quote below where they claimed there is no legitimate title insurance here, meaning Mexico or at least all of Baja.

In a million years, you can't get Dennis and his senior citizen ilk, to back up his outrageous claims about title insurance in Mexico.

Dennis wrote: [b"Legitimate title insurance is unavailable here. As is malpractice insurance for a doctor. They don't need it since you can't sue them for their effups.
Things are a bit different here."

Dennis is wrong on both points, although there are some problems with title insurance with some companies, and you also have to understand what Title Insurance is and what it is not. It might surprise you to learn that title insurance doesn't always work in the US either, and Title companies also exclude certain things.

Regarding lawsuits, you can certainly sue or fight your case locally, or federally depending on the real estate dispute. We have real estate cases right here on "Baja Nomad' that have went on for years, and others were successfully fought and won.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-18-2016 at 04:11 PM

Now back on track, here is an interesting write up from some San Diego law firm's page that does talk about Punta Banda, and tries to answer the question if Mexican Title Insurance would have prevented the loses at Punta Banda.

It's a great article, that talks about the Punta Banda, problems in detail, and mentions ejido property, Title insurance,exclusions and more.

Mexican Title Insurance: Would It Have Prevented the Losses at Punta Banda?

One of the most widely known investor horror stories in Mexico stems from title problems in Punta Banda, just south of Ensenada, Baja California. On October 30, 2000, the Mexican government evicted American homeowners from their beachfront property, resulting in a US$25 million loss. After this tragedy, many title insurance advocates argue that if the disaffected homeowners had title insurance on their properties their investments would have been protected.

Although this argument sounds good in theory, it falls apart quickly in the murky world of Mexican real estate disputes. Title insurance is no magic bullet, and it is not clear that it really would have prevented the Punta Banda debacle.

The problems originally began with an erroneous map and subsequent land transfer to the Ejido Coronel Esteban Cantu in 1973. This ejido land was titled to two separate owners back in 1952, and litigation raged for decades over who was the rightful owner. The Ejido began leasing the land directly to U.S. citizens and area developers. Eventually the competing land interest, a group of Mexican investors, sued the Mexican government to reestablish their competing land claim. The Mexican court finally ruled in favor of the Mexican investors and the American homeowners were forcibly evicted.

read the rest here:

http://www.bkflaw.com/publications/mexican-title-insurance-p...

[Edited on 8-19-2016 by JoeJustJoe]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2016 at 04:18 PM

Now back on track, here is an interesting write up from some San Diego law firm's page that doesn't about Punta Banda, and if Mexican Title Insurance would have prevented the loses at Punta Banda.

It's a great article, that talks about the Punta Banda, problems in detail, and mentions ejido property, Title insurance, and exclusions.

......The Ejido began leasing the land directly to U.S. citizens and area developers.........

Title insurance for leased land?

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-19-2016 at 11:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Now back on track, here is an interesting write up from some San Diego law firm's page that doesn't about Punta Banda, and if Mexican Title Insurance would have prevented the loses at Punta Banda.

It's a great article, that talks about the Punta Banda, problems in detail, and mentions ejido property, Title insurance, and exclusions.

I'm not sure what you mean S & H, because "Punta Banda, was basically pure fraud, which according to some sources included American Salesmen, ripping off other American buyers in Baja with low prices real estate offers too good to be true, and many of those American buyers came from places like Orange County California.

I believe at least one Mexican court, ruled that Punta Banta, was private property and not ejido property. although originally at some point it was ejido property.

[Edited on 8-19-2016 by JoeJustJoe]
Borregoman
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 08:51 AM

Jump through all the "legal" hoops you want, in the end IT WON'T MATTER..
When your property is worth something to someone else you ARE S.O.L.
Just another example of the reality of "buying" property in MX.

Evictions in Tulum

Pages:  1  ..  4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.