Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Bribery study in Mexico says police the problem
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 11:52 AM

Bill

There is a great deal of misunderstanding it seems on the part of gringos who interact with police, they seem to almost immediately offer money on the spot to cops where as doing so is the real problem leading to more corruption. It's almost as though gringos are inducing corruption by their own poor behavior. If instead you would learn to respond in a professional and appropriate manner to a situation which unfairly targets you would see that cops will back down every single time. Of course not all cops are corrupt and not all gringos offer bribes but many do.

Here is an example to educate you-

When a cop stops and makes up a lie and tells you its a big problem in Mexico, instead of sitting there in fear, approach the circumstance professionally and with confidence, the proper response is to introduce yourself by stating your whole name politely and where you live and your profession ask his name and where does he live-this the is the appropriate introduction any place in the world-it immediately puts the cop in the position of being a person with some responsibility-then it's appropriate to make some connections mention other cops and politicians names who you know, it you don't know any you should do some advance work and meet some and learn their entire names and keep their business cards with you-by handing one the cards to a cop in a tough situation you can defuse it fast, if he refuse to tell you his name he is already admitting he is improper-there you have step 1 to reducing his power, mentioning other peoples names who you know who are police including names of commandantes (all public info) you put the cop in the position of knowing that he is not free to act unfairly, step 2 to reducing his power. Lastly, you need to keep in mind that he can not actually prosecute you and keep you in prison based entirely on a bogus traffic case which will come to light quickly, as does his reputation - step 3.

The mistake most grings make is they treat the cops as nameless people with no connection.

I have a long list of one liners that will make them turn and walk away. Here's one to try next time you get pulled over, Would you prefer to be transfered to TJ? The quicker you stand up for yourself politely, proudly and kindly with a sense of humor while knowing laws and stick to the facts-that is you did not break the law in fact and the charge is bogus- the sooner he will walk. They are looking for that fear. If you give them a hardy open mouth belly laugh for 10 seconds they will walk.

The same goes anywhere as soon as you shine light upon corruption it cowers, this is true in the USA senate, local politics all over.

The other issue we discussed was fear, it's important to see how fear is a tool to be used against you, understanding your irrational fears will empower you to stand up to corruption. Understanding how propaganda induces irrational fears will also help you calm down when you find yourself facing nonsense.

We are all suffering from vast corruption today world over, the last few weeks alone have been some of the darkest. This corruption certainly is causing people to wake up, some people, others will never wake up and see their power to stop it, for example all those gringos who pay mordida they are equal players in the corruption game. What kind of person would even think of paying mordida? Probably someone who believes in corruption!

You may wonder how I know this, well I have faced the bad guys with machine guns more than once and when you treat them as people and politely even jokingly confront them they always back down every single time. And why wouldn't they... they are only looking for a quick and easy buck-they have no desire to waste their time or their gas or bullets for nothing.

The other reason I know this is because I listen. Cops talk. They have no desire to have there day ruined by a person who knows the game.

Back to statistics, with about 3 million people in jail in the USA you are far more likely to be the victim of corruption with cops there than in Mexico. Keep that in mind when you are being targeted/profiled in either country.

And finally regarding corruption and to speak to Headlys insistent pandering here, the US under the actor Obama has increased it's debt in one year to more than was spent in the entire history of the country. The TARP bailout was stated as 800 billion, but few understand that is 800 billion rolling balance, that's like having a maximum daily withdrawl of $500 on your ATM but you can take out $500 every day. The total distributed from the Federal Reserve is more than 24 trillion according to most economic summary reports. Howard stated it was paid back by banksters but what does that mean? It was returned to whom and where? That money is monetized as part of the national debt and is now in the system, apparently in off shore accounts of people who are not identified because the Federal Reserve is a Private institution with no accountability and no auditing whatsoever. This means that in one year every single American has been fleeced for something near $70,000 of debt. Does anyone recall when Geitner was being appointed he admitted he hadn't paid his taxes (he overlooked it) and he was still accepted.

Now add on to that scam the other scams, the theft of auto industry, the mortgage industry, medical care, insurance industry etc... and now on the near horizon the coup d'etat, the cap and trade scam which will bill and tax your every move, every breath of carbon will require you pay to a private group.

So when Headly comes on board here daily with his/her anti-Mexico Nomad bashing copy and paste propaganda to induce fear we must ask who is paying Headly, what is the motivation how does he/she profit because certainly there is a motivation. More so Headly posts mimic the propaganda line fed in main stream media by the talking head actors, the shadows on the wall, but who are puppeteers? And when will people become interested and empowered in making their community healthy?

If you don't mind me belaboring this issue further, there is a downside to cleaning up crime and it's associated problems, the downside of cleaning up your neighborhood of corruptos is you end up being responsible for yourself, you don't look to cops to help you and you end up with peace and quiet, perhaps even tranquility and soon the singing and tweeting birds are your biggest problem and the other is what will you do with all the money you saved.

[Edited on 3-28-2010 by gnukid]
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 12:08 PM
Gnu Education ?

As a result of his "Special-Education" ?

There's NO Fear here.

Unlike ALL of these LIARS who claim to be innocents abused by a Corrupt system, whenever I've encountered a problem with the law or Customs, I've done the deed and find on-the-spot transactions equitable and efficient.

I pay (or don't pay) Mordida WILLINGLY as I assess the PERSONAL considerations of doing so. HOW it affects ME is my ONLY thought. I don't give a CRAP how it affects anyone else and I don't care whether anyone else likes it or not.

I will continue to ALWAYS do what I consider best for ME. IF it makes life tough on others, too bad. You're on your own.

As the old song goes "I don't want to set the world on fire ............."

Although I can think of a few people Id like to set on fire, but that's another story.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM

I pay (or don't pay) Mordida WILLINGLY as I assess the PERSONAL considerations of doing so. HOW it affects ME is my ONLY thought. I don't give a CRAP how it affects anyone else and I don't care whether anyone else likes it or not.

I will continue to ALWAYS do what I consider best for ME. IF it makes life tough on others, too bad. You're on your own.

What you don't seem to get is that you are your own community, your actions whatever they may be affect your environment. By acting incorrectly and participating in corruption you create a negative impact for yourself. Your statements clearly defy logic, but at least your close to understanding your motivations and how your actions affect you, further that you rationalize a negative outcome as good for you makes no sense at all-I am sure you get that don't you?

It's understandable that you would think selfishly but what perhaps you should take it a further degree, you need to take better care of yourself.

And, again, I speak from personal experience, I have never paid mordida, I have no tickets on my record, I pay no extra fines. I review my bills and I find false charges and I get reimbursed.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 12:26 PM
Hooray and Hallelujah

BUT, I don't care.

What I do works for me. What gnu does works for him.

The END.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
BUT, I don't care.

What I do works for me. What gnu does works for him.

The END.

You illustrate the circumstances affecting all us perfectly, you state you don't care, you state you are willing to pay for corruption believing that it works.

Yet you illustrate that it certainly doesn't work.

This notion is repeated by many. The - I don't care about ____, there's nothing i can do about it, I'll just pay and play along with corruption and keep my mouth shut.

Well, I may be wrong about this, but I tell you, if you don't pay - the corruption ends there. Corruption can only continue when it is fueled by the players-the payees. All you have do is say no and it stops.

Worse you repeat a mantra that it works for you and you don't care but both of those are false. So where are you picking up the meme that you don't care and that corruption is a way of life, that is my point,you are repeating programming, the same messages that Headly is propagandizing here, it makes your head spin, but it is all based on false notions.

I hear this from many people... I don't care about crime and corrupt police and politicians... It's a message that is programmed into many Americans, that its cool not care-sort of an arrogance that it doesn't bother me. Just once why not try my method, don't pay corruptos and watch the corruption fall apart before your eyes-and admit that you do care.
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
So when Headly comes on board here daily with his/her anti-Mexico Nomad bashing copy and paste propaganda to induce fear we must ask who is paying Headly, what is the motivation how does he/she profit because certainly there is a motivation.

Actually, Paul, you've got this all wrong. I really do not exist. I am really a computer in a basement in Des Moines, Iowa running an Artificial Intelligence program for the CIA. I am networked into the spy satellite network, and twice a day we beam radio waves into your head to record your thoughts. This is all part of a larger program by the government to destabilize you and make you think you are crazy. We have to do this because you are just getting too close to the truth.

No soy por ni contra apatía.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 02:11 PM
Really?

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Back to statistics, with about 3 million people in jail in the USA you are far more likely to be the victim of corruption with cops there than in Mexico. Keep that in mind when you are being targeted/profiled in either country.

I would have thought that a higher percentage of people jailed translated into less rather than more corruption.

When was the last time you were extorted by a cop in the States?

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.