BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Best Dining in Rosarito?
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2010 at 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
Yes, Bajacat, that was Vince!
OH man I miss you you guys then. I was all over the place looking for my sons friend and did'nT see no Nomads, I will have to pay you guys a visit in Punta Banda, maybe in la India Bonita if still open.. you did great Kath, climbing la Mision it's not alot fun, I did it alot time back in the 90"s...

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 4-18-2010 at 09:07 PM

You're always welcome here, Bajacat. About India Bonita: Lupita fell ill, needed bypass surgery, I believe. At the same time, the restaurant, like just about all of them in this area. wasn't doing well at all, so she closed it. The business is now up for sale. Lupita lives behind the restaurant and always welcomes visitors.

knuckles
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2010 at 10:53 AM

We did Le Cousteau on Friday night. Great food, great service, lots of botanas (steamed clams and crab cakes). We take our own wine, but for 4 of us the meal was only $105.00 I had some wonderful pork shank cooked in a banana leaf wrapper. My pit bull even got the treat of the left over bone.

As recommended by Nomads, we tried La Pencas on Saturday for lunch. Quite the experience. Very unique atmosphere and very good service. I was not thrilled with the consome that came with the meal, but the meat and homemade tortillas more that made up for that. We thought it a bit pricey ($38.00 for two for lunch), but I would go again. Yeah, I am craving those toritillas right now!!
knuckles
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 08:44 PM

Heads up my foodie friends...

La Querenica is back open at the location in La Gloria.... Still owned by Miguel Angel, but he has employed a new chef from South Africa, really nice guy named Ryan.

OMG.. I am not kidding when I say we had the best meal ever last Friday. I am still dreaming about it. 1/2 a smoked chicken finished off in a wood fire oven, so sweet and crispy, meat falling off the bones. served with a mushroom risoto. Yummy.

My two companions had the Filet. Wet aged beef is what he told us. It was the best peice of meat I have ever tasted. Tiny fingerling potatoes. And we have been to Delmonicos, Donavans etc. This beat them all.

Highly recomended, just under the west side of the 2nd pedestrian bridge heading north to TJ.

Also they are going to start clearing the land behind the resturant for a Kitchen garden. Cant wait to see if this all happens.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 09:12 PM
Really Great News, Thanks Knuckles!

It makes me very happy (and hungry) to hear that the original location of La Querencia has reopened. I am eager to go there as soon as possible.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Dave
Elite Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 7-6-2010 at 09:20 PM
I'll second that!

Great news.

knuckles
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 09:39 PM

Last week we went to Le Cousteau and were pleasantly suprised to see that they were nearly full. Its been a while since we have eaten out have not been one of the few or even the only customers in any resturant. Also noticed lots of cars in front of Tampanco lately too.
I hope things are looking up for our area.
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 03:31 PM

My vote goes to Cazuela de mole.
Thanks Jan!:)

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 7-8-2010 at 09:50 AM

I've always liked the buffet at "ORTEGA'S BUFFET" on the north end of Rosarito. It's been remodeled and has a new sports bar too. The Ortega family (David) has always been a great host. Great inexpensive Sunday brunch too. My first time in there years ago when I got the bill I just started laughing. My girlfriend said, "what's wrong?". I had to tell her it was so cheap it was almost ridiculous. I left a tip almost as much as the bill. If I remember correctly we each had MORE then we could eat and 2 margaritas each and the bill was $22. I always know a good resturant when I see all the locals in there. They also own "ORTEGAS VILLA" in Puerto Nuevo. That's the big one on the water at the south end of town. Try them you'll like 'em :yes:;D:spingrin:

[Edited on 7-8-10 by KASHEYDOG]

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2010 at 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
I'm happy with Taco's Yaqui! :tumble::spingrin:

I know that's not what your are looking for... but it's still what I like best in the area.

Bob H

[Edited on 4-15-2010 by Bob H]

Any update on Taco's Yaqui? Is it still around? I've heard rumors that it is closed. Bob H
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2010 at 05:52 PM

Had a couple (3) perrones there last Saturday for a late breakfast. Yaqui had a dispute with his landlord who decided he could make more selling tacos himself and The ORIGINAL Yaqui is now right across the street on the next corner north east side, cant miss it, in what had become his auxiliary parking lot. Yaqui was there and greeted us warmly as usual. It was yummy, as usual.

Sunday morning we had a nice breakfast at Hotel La Mision. For dinner we had designs on heading up to La Querencia but after a day of fun in the sun and surf we instead went Sunday night to Splash and we had a very nice diner. Nice view and some nice music playing. We heard good things about the place that is right next door to the north and plan to hit that in a few weeks.

Saturday night we grilled at home, chicken,tri-tip and lamb with asparugus and corn done on the grill. Appetizers were steamed half artichokes finished on the que with some garlic aoli and some shrimp ceviche. Paired the first course with a nice french style chard from Sonoma and then opened a 1.5 of Merryvale Profile. Dessert was cigars and Reserva de La Familia. Good times. :dudette:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.