Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: COULD THE US BE HEADING OFF TO WAR IN A SCHOOL BUS
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Some or most seem to overlook the fact that we are at war in four countries now, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Yemen and today USA has ordered multiple platoon troops to Egypt, not to mention the fact that we fund and are synonymous with Israel aggressions. We have perhaps 800 active military bases worldwide involved in daily shenanigans.

Combine these military tactics with our financial wars, food wars and space wars and one can't resist concluding we are and have been embroiled in worldwar 3 at full tilt. But mention this to the average person and they look at you sideways and say its irrelevant, yet ask them about the superbowl and they can recount every commercial and every word misspoken by Christina Aguillera while they eat plastic and aspartame.

:lol::lol::lol: your too good .... keep it up.. enjoy your posts so much...

[Edited on 2-9-2011 by wessongroup]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh

IMHO, one of the biggest hurdles is convincing the Mexican people the USA is on their side in the drug war.

As long as the US provides such a robust market for the product and seemingly does nothing to change that, it's hard to think the people of Mexico will ever believe we are an ally in their struggle.
Hell...I don't even believe it. We seem closer allied to their enemy.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

IMHO, one of the biggest hurdles is convincing the Mexican people the USA is on their side in the drug war.

As long as the US provides such a robust market for the product and seemingly does nothing to change that, it's hard to think the people of Mexico will ever believe we are an ally in their struggle.
Hell...I don't even believe it. We seem closer allied to their enemy.

We have seen the enemy and it is us? So do you think the USA will then make all of Mexico "the enemy" in the drug war? Eventually ever war comes down to "them' and "us" and we'll have to decide which is more important regardless of public opinion in Mexico.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
So do you think the USA will then make all of Mexico "the enemy" in the drug war?

Could be. Depends on who's left standing after being scanned with the "Collusion Meter."
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
All the laws and enforcement in the world will not keep people from getting high. Last week I went to a lumber yard in La Paz, I noticed a man who looked to be in his sixties buying a small can of Resistol, when I left he was outside with a rag over his face sniffing it. It is an exercise in futility to attempt to control drugs with prohibition, we have been trying to do that for a hundred years and the problem is worse than ever, the ineffectiveness is evidenced by the price on the street. The only sane way forward is legalization and the treatment of drug abuse as a medical problem.

Agree overall ... first, as it is my right to stick a rag with glue to my nose and inhale, IF I CHOOSE to do it... it is my right to do what I want with my body ....

Second, the government has no right to be on MY property, (well of course I'm NOB) based on the Constitution of the United States... AS LONG AS I'M ONLY HURTING MYSELF...

Thirdly, Governments control the production of these "drugs" e.i the movement of production of smack from the "Golden Triangle" to Afganistan...

A four-year investigation concluded that Burma's national company Myanma Oil and Gas Enterprise (MOGE) was "the main channel for laundering the revenues of heroin produced and exported under the control of the Burmese army." In a business deal signed with the French oil giant Total in 1992, and later joined by Unocal, MOGE received a payment of $15 million. "Despite the fact that MOGE has no assets besides the limited installments of its foreign partners and makes no profit, and that the Burmese state never had the capacity to allocate any currency credit to MOGE, the Singapore bank accounts of this company have seen the transfer of hundreds of millions of US dollars," reports François Casanier. According to a confidential MOGE file reviewed by the investigators, funds exceeding $60 million and originating from Myanmar's most renowned drug lord, Khun Sa, were channeled through the company. "Drug money is irrigating every economic activity in Burma, and big foreign partners are also seen by the SLORC as big shields for money laundering."[5] Banks in Rangoon offered money laundering for a 40% commission.[6]
The main player in the country's drug market is the United Wa State Army, ethnic fighters who control areas along the country's eastern border with Thailand, part of the infamous Golden Triangle. The UWSA, an ally of Myanmar's ruling military junta, was once the militant arm of the Beijing-backed Burmese Communist Party.
Poppy cultivation in the country decreased more than 80 percent from 1998 to 2006 following an eradication campaign in the Golden Triangle. Officials with the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime say opium poppy farming is now expanding. The number of hectares used to grow the crops increased 29% in 2007. A United Nations report cites corruption, poverty and a lack of government control as causes for the jump.[7]

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
I got 25 years of the life to back up my knowledge of the drug world.

did you mean " I got 25 years TO life to back up my knowledge of the drug world" :lol::lol::lol:

Bob Durrell
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 12:12 PM
Got a few minutes to read?

http://www.globalchange.com/drugtest.htm

..............................We will never know how many have died under the knife of an intoxicated surgeon or as a result of a physician's drug-clouded mind. Doctors don't like admitting errors, even in court long after the event, by which time evidence of substance abuse has vanished.

If you're too drunk or doped to drive, or drive a train, you shouldn't be operating - nor working a crane or cement mixer for that matter. Nor should you be defending someone in court nor making huge financial decisions on which other people's future will depend.

[Edited on 2-9-2011 by mcfez]

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 12:13 PM

Quote:
Dennis, The homicide rate in the US steadily increased from 1920-1933 then rapidly declined when prohibition was repealed. I suspect that we would see a similar effect if drugs were legalized.

where is Elliot Ness when we need him most?

Bob Durrell
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 12:20 PM

California bill SB129 proposes to ban firing employees for testing positive to Marijuana

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/01/29/...

Bill would limit firings of medical pot users

Wyatt Buchanan, Chronicle Sacramento Bureau

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Rich Pedroncelli / Associated Press
Mark Leno's bill would ban employers from considering a worker's status as a registered medical marijuana patient or a positive drug test when making hiring and firing decisions.

Californians who use medical marijuana outside of work would be protected from job dismissal due to pot use under a bill that has been introduced by state Sen. Mark Leno, D-San Francisco.

The bill, SB129, would make it illegal for an employer to consider either a worker's status as a registered patient or a positive drug test when making hiring and firing decisions. The bill would not change existing laws that bar employees from using medical marijuana at the workplace or during work hours.

Workers such as health care providers, school bus drivers and operators of heavy equipment - so-called "safety-sensitive positions" - would not be protected by the law.

"The bill simply establishes a medical cannabis patient's right to work," Leno said. He called it "a completely reasonable piece of legislation. It astounds me that there would be any controversy around it."

While the proposal has yet to garner formal opposition, the California Chamber of Commerce opposed a bill that would have created the same protections for medical marijuana patients in 2007.

That bill, authored by Leno, was passed by the Legislature but vetoed by former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. In his veto message, Schwarzenegger wrote he was "concerned with the interference in employment decisions as they relate to marijuana use" and that employment protection was not a goal of Prop. 215, which voters passed in 1996 to allow medical marijuana.

Leno said the notion that voters only intended for unemployed people to be able to take medical marijuana is "nonsensical on its face."

The effort to pass such a law stems from a California Supreme Court decision in 2008 that allowed employers to fire workers who test positive for marijuana use, even if those workers are medical marijuana patients. In a 5-2 decision, the court found Prop. 215 does not limit an employer's authority to fire workers for violating federal drug laws.

Marijuana possession and use is illegal under federal law.

A spokeswoman for the Chamber of Commerce said the organization could not comment until it examined the proposal. She did note the chamber's strong opposition to Prop. 19 - the failed November ballot measure to legalize possession, use and cultivation of recreational marijuana in the state - because of impacts on employers and safety issues.

E-mail Wyatt Buchanan at wbuchanan@sfchronicle.com.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/01/28/...
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 12:45 PM

If you can't work without being on alcohol or drugs- perhaps it's time to apply for disability benefits. I'm not talking trace amount in people's systems- I am talking about actively using while at work. Most workplaces already test for alcohol/drugs after any work-related injury so they won't get hit with worker's comp claims. If you need it that bad, stay home and do it. jmho

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
Lobsterman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 01:25 PM

This is really a tuff issue that might never be resolved because people in a free society like ours will get their hands on whatever they want whether it is legal or not. It just might cost a little more if illegal. Today however medical MJ costs more than buying it off the streets. We as a society must do a cost-vs-analysis of how much it cost to enforce the laws of the many different drugs vs not enforcing the law. Laws drafted by governments set those norms and we as a society must obey the laws or face the consequences of arrest or firing from your job. IMO the laws on MJ are hurting society both fiscally and spiritually more then the benefit the nation gains enforcing those costly laws. I voted for Prop 19 and my wife did not.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lobsterman
This is really a tuff issue that might never be resolved because people in a free society like ours will get their hands on whatever they want whether it is legal or not. It just might cost a little more if illegal. Today however medical MJ costs more than buying it off the streets. We as a society must do a cost-vs-analysis of how much it cost to enforce the laws of the many different drugs vs not enforcing the law. Laws drafted by governments set those norms and we as a society must obey the laws or face the consequences of arrest or firing from your job. IMO the laws on MJ are hurting society both fiscally and spiritually more then the benefit the nation gains enforcing those costly laws. I voted for Prop 19 and my wife did not.

Actually Lobsterman, I agree with you in part, for once. Med pot is a useful instrument for aiding the sic. It's just the other crapola out there that is nutso stuff.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Quote:
All the laws and enforcement in the world will not keep people from getting high. Last week I went to a lumber yard in La Paz, I noticed a man who looked to be in his sixties buying a small can of Resistol, when I left he was outside with a rag over his face sniffing it. It is an exercise in futility to attempt to control drugs with prohibition, we have been trying to do that for a hundred years and the problem is worse than ever, the ineffectiveness is evidenced by the price on the street. The only sane way forward is legalization and the treatment of drug abuse as a medical problem.

Agree overall ... first, as it is my right to stick a rag with glue to my nose and inhale, IF I CHOOSE to do it... it is my right to do what I want with my body ....

Second, the government has no right to be on MY property, (well of course I'm NOB) based on the Constitution of the United States... AS LONG AS I'M ONLY HURTING MYSELF...

Thirdly, Governments control the production of these "drugs" e.i the movement of production of smack from the "Golden Triangle" to Afganistan...

A four-year investigation concluded that Burma's national company Myanma Oil and Gas Enterprise (MOGE) was "the main channel for laundering the revenues of heroin produced and exported under the control of the Burmese army." In a business deal signed with the French oil giant Total in 1992, and later joined by Unocal, MOGE received a payment of $15 million. "Despite the fact that MOGE has no assets besides the limited installments of its foreign partners and makes no profit, and that the Burmese state never had the capacity to allocate any currency credit to MOGE, the Singapore bank accounts of this company have seen the transfer of hundreds of millions of US dollars," reports François Casanier. According to a confidential MOGE file reviewed by the investigators, funds exceeding $60 million and originating from Myanmar's most renowned drug lord, Khun Sa, were channeled through the company. "Drug money is irrigating every economic activity in Burma, and big foreign partners are also seen by the SLORC as big shields for money laundering."[5] Banks in Rangoon offered money laundering for a 40% commission.[6]
The main player in the country's drug market is the United Wa State Army, ethnic fighters who control areas along the country's eastern border with Thailand, part of the infamous Golden Triangle. The UWSA, an ally of Myanmar's ruling military junta, was once the militant arm of the Beijing-backed Burmese Communist Party.
Poppy cultivation in the country decreased more than 80 percent from 1998 to 2006 following an eradication campaign in the Golden Triangle. Officials with the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime say opium poppy farming is now expanding. The number of hectares used to grow the crops increased 29% in 2007. A United Nations report cites corruption, poverty and a lack of government control as causes for the jump.[7]
At one point Khun Sa offered to sell the entire opium crop to the US for much less than we spend on interdiction, but we declined, of course.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 04:49 PM

Another win for the NRA. The "emergency" clause was intended for natural disasters say a gov't office.

"Mexico drug violence not an 'emergency,' White House says
Rule requiring gun stores to report multiple sales of assault rifles, other long guns, delayed"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41495274/from/RSS/

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
California bill SB129 proposes to ban firing employees for testing positive to Marijuana

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/01/29/...

Bill would limit firings of medical pot users

Wyatt Buchanan, Chronicle Sacramento Bureau

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Rich Pedroncelli / Associated Press
Mark Leno's bill would ban employers from considering a worker's status as a registered medical marijuana patient or a positive drug test when making hiring and firing decisions.

Californians who use medical marijuana outside of work would be protected from job dismissal due to pot use under a bill that has been introduced by state Sen. Mark Leno, D-San Francisco.

The bill, SB129, would make it illegal for an employer to consider either a worker's status as a registered patient or a positive drug test when making hiring and firing decisions. The bill would not change existing laws that bar employees from using medical marijuana at the workplace or during work hours.

Workers such as health care providers, school bus drivers and operators of heavy equipment - so-called "safety-sensitive positions" - would not be protected by the law.

"The bill simply establishes a medical cannabis patient's right to work," Leno said. He called it "a completely reasonable piece of legislation. It astounds me that there would be any controversy around it."

While the proposal has yet to garner formal opposition, the California Chamber of Commerce opposed a bill that would have created the same protections for medical marijuana patients in 2007.

That bill, authored by Leno, was passed by the Legislature but vetoed by former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. In his veto message, Schwarzenegger wrote he was "concerned with the interference in employment decisions as they relate to marijuana use" and that employment protection was not a goal of Prop. 215, which voters passed in 1996 to allow medical marijuana.

Leno said the notion that voters only intended for unemployed people to be able to take medical marijuana is "nonsensical on its face."

The effort to pass such a law stems from a California Supreme Court decision in 2008 that allowed employers to fire workers who test positive for marijuana use, even if those workers are medical marijuana patients. In a 5-2 decision, the court found Prop. 215 does not limit an employer's authority to fire workers for violating federal drug laws.

Marijuana possession and use is illegal under federal law.

A spokeswoman for the Chamber of Commerce said the organization could not comment until it examined the proposal. She did note the chamber's strong opposition to Prop. 19 - the failed November ballot measure to legalize possession, use and cultivation of recreational marijuana in the state - because of impacts on employers and safety issues.

E-mail Wyatt Buchanan at wbuchanan@sfchronicle.com.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/01/28/...
If a person can be fired for legally using marijuana with a doctors prescription, could they also be fired for using a prescribed pain killer or anti-psychotic drug that have potentially more dangerous side effects?
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 05:25 PM
What are you talking about durrelllrobert ?

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
I got 25 years of the life to back up my knowledge of the drug world.

did you mean " I got 25 years TO life to back up my knowledge of the drug world" :lol::lol::lol:

Resize-Wizard-1.jpg - 11kB

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2011 at 07:48 AM
Good to bad. A history

http://www.adn.com/hooked/

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 2-11-2011 at 09:02 AM

The simplest solution is usually the best. :light: Just cut out all the BS and legalise pot.:bounce:
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.