Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Speeding Ticket on the Toll Road Today
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 03:58 PM

Geez, DENNIS. With all due respect, what you have hypothecised is not the same scenario as post by LizzardLips.

Just seems to me that if one has broken the law, and admitted to that, the idea of having someone in the gummint take care of that does not inspired admiration.

Just sayin'
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Geez, DENNIS. With all due respect, what you have hypothecised is not the same scenario as post by LizzardLips.

Just seems to me that if one has broken the law, and admitted to that, the idea of having someone in the gummint take care of that does not inspired admiration.

Just sayin'

Beg to differ. What's the difference if the person in government is far seperated or standing right in front of you?

And where was all this moral righteousness when you were tearing hell out of the speed limit, endangering everybody around you including yourself? HUH??? HUH??? :light::biggrin:
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 04:28 PM

It all depends...

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 04:54 PM

Of course.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 05:01 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

My ol' coche can't speed.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2011 at 04:02 PM

Just to let you all know I went to the Highway Patrol office a few minutes ago with ticket in hand. As I was walking in the commandante saw me and since I have known him for many years we chatted for awhile. He grabbed the ticket and told me to forget about it. I took it back and told him I was speeding and I wanted to pay it and it was the right thing to do.

He looked at me like I was crazy. I went to the girl and handed it to her. She looked it up and told me I had to pay it at Bancomer before the 21st or the price would double. I saw on the Bancomer paper that the infraction was 233.00 pesos. I really thought it would be a lot more!

Because it's Friday I am not going to wait in that long line at the bank today....... Don't you love it. I was going at least 85mph and I have to pay that much and no higher insurance rates or points on my record and no school to go to take it off my record.

Just one of the perks of living here....

You'r right bajahowodd. I needed to do the right thing.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2011 at 04:12 PM

Listen to this one......my worker/friend has an SUV of some sort. Has to be fifteen years old, maybe more, and he got it for a little bit of nothing a year ago.
It's imported, but the reg has been expired for five or six years. So has the car.
Last week he put another engine in the vehicle and the next step was current registration, which I told him I'd give him a hand paying for. He said it would be around 3000 Ps.
He returned from the DMV with a printout that said 7000 Ps to bring the reg up to date. Had the car not already been imported, that would have cost less.
They have no mercy for these folks here.

OK....that's the end of that story.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2011 at 05:00 PM

way to go !!! you are going to pay up .... you deserve a reward , very few would pay when they were told by the comandante not to.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2011 at 08:43 AM

You know Dennis that a LOT of cars in Baja driven by Mexican nationals have California plates and I love to see the registration sticker. Usually the car registration has expired years ago or the sticker itself was scratched off. Most of the cars are beaters but thats no excuse.

The importation fee is right around $600 and most of these people can not pay that amount but they continue to drive the vehicle. If they get pulled over the cops know they can expect a little mordita.

In every state of Mexico I have visited Baja has the most of these unregistered vehicles. If you were to drive a car on the mainland without current registration your vehicle would be impounded immediately and you would not get it back until you paid for current registration and importation. The other states in Mexico are vigilant about current and proper registration.

So my question is, why does Baja continue to allow unregistered vehicles on the road. Is it just a cash cow for police to collect the mordita or what?
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2011 at 08:49 AM

Last summer they stopped many cars off Popotla Blvd. south of town for this. I understand they were given a warning 1st stop, a fine the 2nd, and their car impounded if it was not made legal after that. Always around lunch hour. Think that would be great revenue, and know many that brought their vehicles up to speed, so to speak. Wonder if they will try it again this summer?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2011 at 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
So my question is, why does Baja continue to allow unregistered vehicles on the road. Is it just a cash cow for police to collect the mordita or what?

I believe this is the end of the Anapromex program that allowed car owners with foreign plates a period of time to get the vehicle imported and registered. Here, the car had an 8x12 Anapromex sticker in the window to indicate it was in compliance.
Unfortunatly, the program seems to have been written with little attention to detail and opportunists were buying the sticker for their fine vehicles rather than import them. The cost was 500 pesos....one time payment only.
Last I heard, the administrator of the program was in prison down in La Paz and the offices here are closed by the police who stay parked right outside the entrance.

I mentioned my friend above who had an old van with the Anapromex sticker in the window and that's why he had to jump through his butt to get another car on the road.

I don't know how this will turn out except to say, a lot of people are now stuck between that rock and a hard place. Who could ever imagine all these near-death vehicles being imported. That is not an option for the less fortunate.

Your assumption is probably correct, Dan. The police will use the issue to enrich themselves, but they'll moderate the level of intensity. They'll only want to milk the cow....not kill it.

I dunno. Not much here has ever made sense to me. I wish Jesse would stop in and give us the real story.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2011 at 09:26 AM
Lizard Lips

Please tell us you're joking about paying!

No good can come from this. This could cause a rupture in the fabric of time. Radically changing everything we hold sacred about Mexico.

Don't do this.

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2011 at 03:35 PM

Just got back from driving to PB to wish my dad a happy fathers day and on the way back to EnsenadaI noticed no less than 30 cars some without plates and some with expired tags and all without Anapromex stickers.

Dave, I haven't paid yet!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2011 at 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
noticed no less than 30 cars some without plates and some with expired tags and all without Anapromex stickers.

Yeah....there's a lot of them around here in PB, probably because we rarely see a cop car out here. I doubt there are so many in Ensenada. Seems as though they cut some slack for workers out of Maneadero.
EdZeranski
Nomad

Mood: Si! Como no???

[*] posted on 6-20-2011 at 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ncampion
...... it seems Loreto has a new policy - you have to stop at Stop Signs! .

Only for visitors!!!! This past week I've almost been 'T' boned twice in Loreto. Both times I stopped at a sign then proceeded and a 'local' coming from the side street blew through his stop sign then got a tad upset at the close call.

EdZ
..home from Baja yesterday
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.