BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: BajaCactus-El Rosario-What a Dump!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goldhuntress
Hey Diana, Is Jardins dog friendly? I know you travel with dogs, me too and I'm thinking about staying there next trip down. I want to have dinner at the restaurant there, Carlos was super cool to us last trip when we tried for a late breakfast but discovered they don't serve breakfast and don't open til noon. He opened an hour early and made us an absolutely beautiful breakfast and fresh coffee that cost about $18.00 usd. I wish I'd taken a picture! Not familiar with Don Diego's?

Hi,
Yes Jardins is dog friendly. They have become so popular that it is wise to make reservations especially for the weekends.

Also, the restaurant is closed on Mondays. And they do not do breakfast anymore, but they have the other restaurant in town that serves a good breakfast. Dang, I forget the name of the other restaurant, but I sure BajaGringo remembers?----It is on the west side of the highway near the park---how is that for exact directions. :lol:

goldhuntress
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 03:02 PM

Yes, Carlos told us about the breakfast he has so I know where it is. I love to find nice dog friendly places. It seems it's easier than ever to get one in the US now and harder than it used to be in Baja, lol. Thanks Diana:biggrin:

Thanks David, I know the place, didn't know that was the name though.

[Edited on 6-25-2011 by goldhuntress]

msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
ummm...I dont know about me RAVING about the old rooms...I sure thought it was good value for the pesos for sure but it was like...maybe over 10 years ago I stayed in one so perhaps things have changed in the old rooms...sounds like the beds need replacing all right. I dont want to give the impression I am raving about something that happened many years ago and would hate to give a recommendation based on outdated info...so take my so called raving with a grain of sal please.

I havent knitted in years.

Be carefull what you post on the internet. It WILL come back. DK never forgets.
Now, how about a picture of your Toyota.;D
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 03:15 PM

I hope people are here to read facts not fantasy.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by msteve1014
Quote:
ummm...I dont know about me RAVING about the old rooms...I sure thought it was good value for the pesos for sure but it was like...maybe over 10 years ago I stayed in one so perhaps things have changed in the old rooms...sounds like the beds need replacing all right. I dont want to give the impression I am raving about something that happened many years ago and would hate to give a recommendation based on outdated info...so take my so called raving with a grain of sal please.

I havent knitted in years.

Be carefull what you post on the internet. It WILL come back. DK never forgets.
Now, how about a picture of your Toyota.;D

He does seem to spend a lot of time of the BajaNomad Hobby horse, but that's part of his passion. He is a walking (or probably sitting) enclyclopedia of Baja and Nomad history.

However, he is not malicious. He will not call up archives to ridicule you or do even worse. :o There are those who will though. So, the caution is warranted, if you care.

Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jenny.navarrette
Quote:
Originally posted by Cielomar
BajaCactus-El Rosario-What a Dump!

...I would have done better sleeping on the beach that night. Of yea, and the charge the same as the new section for the pleasure of a miserable night in a lumpy bed.

Welcome to BajaNomads, grasshopper, where hyperbole and outright lies about Mexico have risen to a higher art form. If you came here for any useful information, you're in the wrong place. There is a close-knit group here who will pee on your head and tell you it is raining.
:rolleyes:

I believe it goes: "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining" At least that's Judge Judy's version. I can't fix the rest of your statement.:saint:

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
If you came here for any useful information, you're in the wrong place. There is a close-knit group here who will pee on your head and tell you it is raining.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Indeed. Mostly from armchairs behind computers NOB.
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drarroyo
:lol: it's a reliable machine I've owned since 2000, but don't find any need to CLUTTER cyber-space with endless photos. YAAAWN :P

Well, you can always update the unwashed with the LATEST STICKERS on said Tacoma, can't you? Please? :lol::lol:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 07:30 PM

Quote:
OK, I stand corrected....I did rave a bit....baja cactus is anything BUT a dump.

if the maid did a bad job before the OP checked in, perhaps the room was a dump.
just sayin' you never know.

anywho, if driving south, stay at catavina, much nicer joint, and not a motel design, is a hotel design, with a pool!
baja cactus is a motel with no grounds that would make one want to linger...
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by msteve1014
DK never forgets.

in many ways he is indeed like a woman, never forgets, and always retelling her version.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 08:18 PM

Jenny - you're so funny. Yeah, a rose-colored glasses crowd to some extent. But isn't that preferable in Mexico?
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 08:30 PM

Goat-is like a woman? There are several dudes here that fit this description to a tee
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2011 at 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:
Originally posted by goldhuntress
Hey Diana, Is Jardins dog friendly? I know you travel with dogs, me too and I'm thinking about staying there next trip down. I want to have dinner at the restaurant there, Carlos was super cool to us last trip when we tried for a late breakfast but discovered they don't serve breakfast and don't open til noon. He opened an hour early and made us an absolutely beautiful breakfast and fresh coffee that cost about $18.00 usd. I wish I'd taken a picture! Not familiar with Don Diego's?

Hi,
Yes Jardins is dog friendly. They have become so popular that it is wise to make reservations especially for the weekends.

Also, the restaurant is closed on Mondays. And they do not do breakfast anymore, but they have the other restaurant in town that serves a good breakfast. Dang, I forget the name of the other restaurant, but I sure BajaGringo remembers?----It is on the west side of the highway near the park---how is that for exact directions. :lol:

Viejo San Quintin. It's North of the turn off to Jardines, by several miles. And it's next to the hospital on the West side, slightly set back and easy to miss.

Just perhaps, folks traveling S/B, might not wish to double back North for breakfast. But, they do it well.

[Edited on 6-27-2011 by Bajahowodd]
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2011 at 09:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Cielomar
BajaCactus-El Rosario-What a Dump!

...I would have done better sleeping on the beach that night. Of yea, and the charge the same as the new section for the pleasure of a miserable night in a lumpy bed.

Welcome to BajaNomads, grasshopper, where hyperbole and outright lies about Mexico have risen to a higher art form. If you came here for any useful information, you're in the wrong place. There is a close-knit group here who will pee on your head and tell you it is raining.

Never mind this card carrying racist jenny.navarrette. This idiot stick thinks of "darkies"(his words) going "boooo" to him..... in the middle of the night. Not much brain matter is involved...if any.

The closest thing to a motel room jenny.navarrette knows about ......is any outhouse that's available for a overnight stay.

Like that Fulano?

[Edited on 6-27-2011 by mcfez]

out.jpg - 8kB

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
jenny.navarrette
Banned

[*] posted on 6-26-2011 at 11:07 PM

Hey McFuzz! Wazzup, short round?

EdZeranski
Nomad

Mood: Si! Como no???

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 07:44 AM
room at the inn

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
The Cactus is what it is. Used to be there wasnt that many choices up and down Highway One, not that way any more.every time we go south seems like we see new ones especially in San Ouinten there is 2 or three I would not pass up to spend the night in El Rosario.

We've stayed at Cactus and I guess we lucked out because we always got a newer room upstairs. Pretty nice really by Baja standards and the staff was very nice. They even refunded, in cash, for a room I'd reserved by credit card but had to cancel after an accident. In San Quintin 'Villa San Quintin' is our stop now on the way north.

EdZ KG6UTS
OB,Borrego and Baja!!!
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.