Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Good news about the gross Tuna fleet in Asuncion
surfdoc
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2011 at 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by msteve1014
Gee, maybe I jumped to a conclusion, but that was a cheap shot at someone, and LB has been a main target around here lately.

Not targeted at LB, or Abre. I believe Russ hit it on the head... these boats have San Ignacio on them, But they traveled into town in a group of 3, 2 hit the water..and have 2 trucks parked on the beach supporting them. I did watch the Coop make them move down the beach out of they're area... and today there are 3 Semi's loading up fish on the beach....
sorry for the potential of a cheapshot across the bow... just watching things unfold... and the more I watch, the more I realize I truely DONOT understand the dynamics of commercial fishing in Baja.
So until I learn more, for now, I think I'll start keeping my uneducated opinion to myself, or those with the misfortune to down a few cold Tecates with me....

Hope the season continues WFO for everyone!!!

[Edited on 8-30-2011 by surfdoc]
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 8-30-2011 at 01:32 PM

Doc, you're a jewel. Nice job of defusing an IED. (inadvertant excited debate)

I acknowledge I was one who reported seeing LB Coop trucks loaded with boxes of *tiny* fish of many species and thought it not a good sign.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2011 at 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH

What can the 99.99% of us who don't see fishery violators do? Eat a plant based diet. It benefits the individual and all the animals. I'm a vegetarian and yes, I occasionally fall off the wagon and chow down a cheeseburger, maybe 3 times in the past year. Tastes great, but I feel horrible afterwards. It's a reminder of how poisonous eating dead animals is.

How do you know plants don't feel pain?

The only sensible thing to do is to starve yourself. That way there is no guilt and you can die with a clear conscience.

Hell, I'm getting weepy just thinking about those mosquitos I killed last summer.
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 8-30-2011 at 04:35 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2011 at 05:42 PM

Here's a good one?! What do our Politicos have to say on the subject? Estela Ponce in La Paz was going to be The People Choice! Any help there or just pipe dreams? I guess I know the answer, no?! Tio
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2011 at 09:46 PM

Take what you see and hear as fact, the Biosphere has no demonstrated interest in stopping exploitation or it would have intervened here and elsewhere. Biosphere and exploitation go hand in hand, as has been demonstrated over decades. Stop kidding yourself that someone else has your best interests in mind and you should pay them to not exploit you. The only person who will stop the exploitation is you or perhaps a child with sheer will and energy to put up a fight.

Know that people who fail to read history and learn about the facts will be destined to live in ignorance and repeat cycles of destruction and exploitation, its a war of wills, of spirit, good versus evil. Stand up for yourself. Ultimately there are only individuals, every group action begins with an individual and ends with an individual.

[Edited on 8-31-2011 by gnukid]
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-31-2011 at 07:49 AM

we received more information on how to report ANY fishy fishing practises...if you make a report of your observations, a fisheries officer is obligated to go and respond and check the vessels in question within 5 days of the report even if it is anonymous.

So bookmark this link if you live near a place where you witness violations...try to get the name or number of the vessel..photos are great too of the captains and trucks etc. The fisheries officer urges everyone to be proactive as they cant be everywhere at once...there is only one officer for all of mid baja but he assured us he WILL be doing active rounds and spot checking for fishing licenses, limits and permits to take people fishing. The inspector talked about the problems in other areas like CAbo and Loreto with gringos taking people fishing that arent REALLY their friends...they are trying to put a stop to this to support the licensed sport fish companies....so fishers beware....big brother will be watching.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
wsdunc
Nomad

Mood: Upbeat

[*] posted on 8-31-2011 at 11:39 AM

I like the idea and saved the link, but then I realized I don't know enough about the rules/laws to know when someone is violating them. I understand limits for sport fishermen, but don't know much about commercials. Anyone got a simple summary of legal and illegal fishing?
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 8-31-2011 at 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
we received more information on how to report ANY fishy fishing practises...if you make a report of your observations, a fisheries officer is obligated to go and respond and check the vessels in question within 5 days of the report even if it is anonymous. The inspector talked about the problems in other areas like CAbo and Loreto with gringos taking people fishing that arent REALLY their friends...they are trying to put a stop to this to support the licensed sport fish companies....so fishers beware....big brother will be watching.

A blind eye to a fleet of seiners, with five days to respond to complaints. In 5 days they'll have cleaned a place out and be gone. But, they'll be all over those gringo sport fishermen. Oh well!
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2011 at 09:09 PM

Biosphere facilitates thievery, that is the point, the method and purpose, do not deny the history, read the history, or be complicit in it's path of destruction. Let there be no forgiveness for the accomplices to their theft and destruction whether by well meaning (ignorant) do gooders or outright sociopaths. Time to consider every step you take and action you make, and your neighbors, to support destruction or action to stop it. Actions speak loudly.

In a moment of action you can end the destruction of seiners, words do little, it's not hard if you put your mind to it, there are an infinite number of possible solutions.
Oddjob
Banned

[*] posted on 8-31-2011 at 09:22 PM

gnuked, are you on acid?
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-31-2011 at 09:25 PM

Enforcement tends to work that way.. the big ones get away... the smaller ... well, they get caught ...

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2011 at 09:31 PM

Ad hominem attacks are logical fallacies (oddjob).

Speak to the points at hand:

- Seiners in Viscaino-destruction of the region

- The role of self proclaimed saviors UNESCO who demand you pay them yet serve foreign interests

- Documented history of UNESCO, corruption, theft of resources, fraud

- Distraction, failure of citizens to stand tall and strong, interrupt corrupt practices

- Distracting local and outside internet posters such as OddJob who present fallacious arguments-noted

- Accept the verifiable facts, by-catch on beach, trucks on the beach, boats on the water, require citizen action

[Edited on 9-1-2011 by gnukid]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.