Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Record Roosterfish!
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2012 at 09:53 AM

I won't tell you where or when but is was a very long time ago right down here in Baja Sur. I caught a rooster from shore on a roll of twine. Don't know the test, couldn't weigh the fish. It was big. Bigger than the one in the picture.

I gave it to the villagers. Four days later they began to get sick. Half the people in the village died. I had to make a midnight retreat.

Now I'm conflicted; not a sportsman and not really a "good" samaritan. I'll just have to live with it or make up some excuses or lies to hide it. I'll figure somethin' out.
Cardon Man
Super Nomad

Mood: !Al Chingaso!

[*] posted on 7-11-2012 at 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by watizname
Com'on Joe,
The guy doesn't look like he was out "hunting" a trophy. Just a guy fishing from shore with 20# line who hooked up bigtime. Can't blame him a bit for the smile, and the photo.

Awesome fish. But this catch was made trolling from a panga NOT casting from shore. Huge difference. Not knocking the catch. Just sayin...
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 7-11-2012 at 11:50 AM

It's a huge fish. A major catch! Congratulations.! Have caught a lot of Jacks over in the Gulf of Mexico, nothing close to that size.;D
sd
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2012 at 12:15 PM

Let me jump in here. I love to fish the East Cape. I have visited and stayed at several of the resorts. I find that most strongly encourage catch and release of all billfish. Rooster fish are great fun, and only twice have I seen them kept, one local syaing he liked to eat these. I don't have any issue with this.

I do not know how old a 100 lb fish is, and if it disrupts the number of roosters. Fill me in what you know please.

I often have the hotel prepare one of our fish each day (Dorado is the desire), and release the rest. If others keep their catch and consume it that is their choice. I find most everyone is now staying within the limits and buying a license. In my opinion there is more conservation now than 10 years ago.

I enjoy reading the posts. It is a nice trophy fish.
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 7-11-2012 at 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigmike58
Condemn? maybe. I have a hard time listening to anyone that appears to have gone from one extreme to another and then preachs thier self righteousness on others.
[/IMG]

One "extreme" to another??? What the hell are you talking about?

carpe diem!
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-11-2012 at 08:05 PM

The picture would have been better if he had "photo shopped" out the rope, standing there smiling and holding that beast up by the tail would be more inpressive than the record breaking catch.

Congrats on a world's record catch.......dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.