oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2012 at 06:26 AM

Thinking of you Sally.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2012 at 06:50 AM

May she finally rest in peace.

She isn't gone Sally. For years whenever your grandchildren come to visit you you will see her in their faces and in their mannerisms. And you will wonder at how much they are like Juanita's.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 7-24-2012 at 07:11 AM

I am so very, very sorry Sally. I know that no words can possibly dull the pain right now. All I can do is express my sorrow and send you a big, warm hug in support. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers...
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-24-2012 at 07:25 AM

I echo the lovely sentiments of our nomad friends Sally....touched by your sharing of pain...sorrowed by your loss...and I send you fortitude to carry on your life with gusto. Your daughter is well loved and remembered and as Don Jorje says...she will fly among us again...she is not gone, just in a new place free of pain and politics.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
bacquito
Super Nomad

Mood: jubilado

[*] posted on 7-24-2012 at 09:13 AM

I'm sorry, she was so young. Your family sounds strong and so you will pull through this-her girls need this.
Do plenty of crying, mourning- it will help.

bacquito
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2012 at 11:28 AM

so sorry for your loss and so glad she is no longer in pain. bye Juanita, whom I never had the pleasure of meeting.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2012 at 11:49 AM

Blessings of comfort are yours, dear family.
My condolences to you all.
Peace and healing.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2012 at 12:17 PM

So sorry to hear this, our condolences to you and your family. May she be in a better place, God speed.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2012 at 05:19 PM

my thoughts are with you, the family, and all who loved Juanita.

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2012 at 09:31 PM

Rest in peace Juanita,sorry for your loss Sally, don't be sad , one day we will be reuniated with our love ones, that had left before us...our prayers are with you and the girls..
zforbes
Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 7-27-2012 at 07:57 AM

Dear Sally, I send support and care for you and your family as you go through the following weeks. It's been a long haul and you must be very tired. Take the time to rest and heal yourself. Zoe

\"You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent them from nesting in your hair.\"
Swedish proverb
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 7-27-2012 at 11:23 AM

I am continually amazed by cyber-communities. I don't know you, and I never met your daughter. Yesterday I learned that one of my closest friends is terminally ill (a terrible form of ALS), he has maybe a year. He's younger than me and was one of the courageous early AIDS doctors. I'm devastated and yet I know I've cried more tears for you and your family than for Jim and his.

Human connection to people drives me (us?) and your family and your ceaseless struggle has touched more lives than you can know.

I wish you peace and understanding.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
bajamedic
Nomad

Mood: Just waitin for baja

[*] posted on 7-27-2012 at 02:18 PM

Sally, I keep going back to this thread while looking for the words that might ease your pain just a little, but they just don't come. My thoughts and prayers have been with you throughout this event. JH
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 7-29-2012 at 08:53 PM

OH....What a heartbreaking ordeal you have been through.
Rest now.... knowing that Juanita is now free of worry or pain.

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 7-31-2012 at 04:02 PM

I want to thank you all again for your heartfelt words of kindness and consolation.You have no idea how much it has helped me this last week.KASHEY's poem is now on Facebook via Juanitas sister, Maalaea.Don Jorge was speaking of our last visit to the farm with my G-daughters.They were chasing butterflies and looking for ladybugs and inchworms!Unfortunatly, Juanitas estranged husband has sent the girls back to Mexico and none of us know when or if we will see them again.They begged me to kidnap them!! I have such a huge hole in my heart.I have my two other amazing daughters close by and we have been spending a lot of time together.That has really helped.We are trying to put together a celebration of Juanitas life .I will let you know when if anyone would like to join us.Abrazos, Sally

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 12:15 AM

Our hearts beat stronger together in your time of loss... Sharing this with us on Nomad, I hope has helped to provide some strength for you Sally.

I met your beautiful girls at my Viva Baja event, ten years ago... God now has a most beautiful angel and your grand children will be watched over and loved from afar.

If I can do anything to help, you know how to reach us... You are not alone.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 11:38 PM

Our deepest sympathies in the loss of your daughter. We met only a handful of times, all of them warm and friendly.

Perhaps David K would post some of my Viva Baja photos of those wonderful encounters.

As always,

Steve and Emma
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 08:31 AM

My grand kids told me "Think happy thoughts about grandma (other side of the family). They go straight to heaven".

I had to pretend I suddenly had an allergy attack.

Best wishes Sally

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bedman
Our deepest sympathies in the loss of your daughter. We met only a handful of times, all of them warm and friendly.

Perhaps David K would post some of my Viva Baja photos of those wonderful encounters.

As always,

Steve and Emma

Viva Baja #3 (Feb. 2002): http://www.vivabaja.com/vivabaja3/

Viva Baja #4 (Feb., 2003): http://www.vivabaja.com/vivabaja4/

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.