Printable Version  
Author: Subject: NEED TO DELIVER A WHEELCHAIR TO LA PAZ OR LOS BARRILES
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2012 at 06:21 PM
NEED TO DELIVER A WHEELCHAIR TO LA PAZ OR LOS BARRILES

Hola,

wonderful news !!!

Dennis is able to get around on a 4-legged cane !!!

dennis has been so generous to donate his new wheelchair to armando in los barriles who was in a horrific off road racing accident and is having surgeries in la paz.

we are in need of someone going south to pick the wheelchair up in punta banda and delivering it to either la paz or los barriles.

we are also looking for someone in la paz to receive it and deliver it to the hospital where armando is.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2012 at 07:19 PM

bump
bigmike58
Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 8-8-2012 at 08:48 PM

I'm coming thru Ensenada at 8am ish 8-9-2012 "tomorrow for those that don't own at calendar" and can get it to Mulege..

Shouldn\'t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check or Sec.8 housing?
........... I had to pass one to earn it for them!

\"I\'ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?\"
bigmike58
Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 03:58 AM

I'm leaving in 30min...4:30am

Shouldn\'t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check or Sec.8 housing?
........... I had to pass one to earn it for them!

\"I\'ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?\"
Paulclark
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 08:32 AM

I am coming south on Saturday and should be passing through Ensenanda around noon, on my way to Castillo de Arena, south of Los Barriles. Happy to help.
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 08:52 AM

I just sent the following email to a friend of mine down in LB who is coordinating efforts on Armando's behalf.
Tessa, I noticed that you are a contact for Armando. There is a practically new wheel chair available as a gift for him. It is up by Ensenada, and someone may be able to haul it down for him on Saturday. They are driving past LB and could drop it off there. Do you know if he still needs it? Or has one already been obtained?

See what she sez.

Another option if Armando still needs the chair; I expect that His hardware store has materials delivered from the North on a regular basis, maybe something could be coordinated to piggy back on one of the trucks?

Just a couple of ideas that I had. See if something pans out?

Saludos, Sara
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 09:25 AM

bump

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulclark
I am coming south on Saturday and should be passing through Ensenanda around noon, on my way to Castillo de Arena, south of Los Barriles. Happy to help.

Hi Paul.......
Would Punta Banda be too far out of your way to pick uup the chair?

U2U me for directions if you can do this. most of the road out to here from Maneadero is new, paved and beautiful.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 11:55 AM

Paul

I was out there yesterday and the drive is about 10 minutes each way.

edit: i was at campo la joya, so maybe add another 5 mins each way.

[Edited on 8-9-2012 by woody with a view]

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 12:31 PM

Hola paul & dennis,

paul..thank you for your generous offer. i will need to make arrangements on where the delivery should take place in either la paz or los barriles. please advise when you are going to be leaving on your southerly trip.

Dennis..i am so happy that you are active on the nomad site again.

i thank you for setting up the pickup directly with paul. it certainly makes it more convenient.

thank you to you both.

we need to set up the delivery to la paz or los barriles. anyone that can help after we get the delivery date will be greatly appreciated.

also, if you can directly communicate with paul for the arrangement, it will eliminate unnecessary emails other than those of gratitude.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
Eli
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Hola paul & dennis,

paul..thank you for your generous offer. i will need to make arrangements on where the delivery should take place in either la paz or los barriles. please advise when you are going to be leaving on your southerly trip.

Dennis..i am so happy that you are active on the nomad site again.

i thank you for setting up the pickup directly with paul. it certainly makes it more convenient.

thank you to you both.

we need to set up the delivery to la paz or los barriles. anyone that can help after we get the delivery date will be greatly appreciated.

also, if you can directly communicate with paul for the arrangement, it will eliminate unnecessary emails other than those of gratitude.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

I just communicated with a friend who has been helping coordinate stuff for Armando, she suggests that it be delivered to the Fidepaz Hospital in La Paz, I have sent a U2U Dennis with the data that I got to pass on.
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 01:15 PM

Hola eli,

thank you for your intervention and communicating with dennis.

would you also be so kind as to send the la paz information to paul.

hopefully, everybody that is in the loop is fully informed. please advise me as well.

thanks to dennis, paul and eli and everybody else that participated. i am sure armando and armando's family are very appreciative.

CONGRATULATIONS TO BAJANOMAD.COM AND ALL PARTICIPANTS !!!! such a brief period of time to accomplish so much.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 01:54 PM

Always a pleasure to help.
Sara sent me everything .
Eli
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Hola eli,

thank you for your intervention and communicating with dennis.

would you also be so kind as to send the la paz information to paul.

hopefully, everybody that is in the loop is fully informed. please advise me as well.

thanks to dennis, paul and eli and everybody else that participated. i am sure armando and armando's family are very appreciative.

CONGRATULATIONS TO BAJANOMAD.COM AND ALL PARTICIPANTS !!!! such a brief period of time to accomplish so much.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

U2U sent all around.
Am I correct in assuming that there is no way to copy and paste or send 3-way on U2U, right? That would really simplify things if there is.
Hasta entonces, Sara
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 04:34 PM

Good on all of you! I don't know Armando, but I know his hardware store well. The service and selection are excellent and reflect very good management.

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
Paulclark
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 05:06 PM

Please send me directions and a phone number for the pickup ---and i will deliver to the hospital in La Paz. I do know where the hospital is.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulclark
Please send me directions and a phone number for the pickup ---and i will deliver to the hospital in La Paz. I do know where the hospital is.

check your u2u in a few minutes, Paul.
Eli
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 05:28 PM

I was just in communication with Armando's neighbor, Franci. She spoke with his wife today, Armando was in his 7th surgury when she called. They are very grateful to receive the wheelchair. Thanks for paying forward You guys, makes my day.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.