Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: FMMs Tourist Permits are changing
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2012 at 02:52 PM
FMMs Tourist Permits are changing

From Discover Baja:

FMMs (or tourist permits) are changing again. This time it is the design. Cost is remaining the same. If we have issued you an FMM and you are getting it stamped by November 8th, you will be fine. The date for change is November 9th. If you already have your FMM and will be getting it stamped after November 9th, you may be required to fill out the new form. Your receipt from Banamex will be good and no additional payment will be necessary. If you have any questions, just give us a call 800-727-2252.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2012 at 05:10 PM

Thanks TW. I will need to get one on my way down for the Baja 1000. I really don't want to deal with it but I don't want to be turned away or have to deal with a bribe at Guerrero Negro (if they're checking).

liknbaja127
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2012 at 07:22 PM

We got yours back in sep. stamped and paid, will it be good november? got it at border!
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2012 at 08:40 PM

Had a friend walk across at SY today. He said something about having to give his license to someone and then was walked to the temp immigration office. Upon return he had to give a tip to get his license back. I guess he was also asked for a tip for the guy who walked him over. WTF? Anyone else have any input? Sounds like things might be a bit iffy until construction is completed.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2012 at 09:23 PM

that really sounds fishy .... I guess the thing to do is NOT to give the license and just walk yourself over to the office ? no bueno at all.

Has anyone ever bribed the people in G Negro ? I cant say I have heard of anyone doing this.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by liknbaja127
We got yours back in sep. stamped and paid, will it be good november? got it at border!

That depends on how many days are written in the box.. 180, 90, or ??

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
that really sounds fishy .... I guess the thing to do is NOT to give the license and just walk yourself over to the office ? no bueno at all.

Has anyone ever bribed the people in G Negro ? I cant say I have heard of anyone doing this.

See edm-1's trip report of July, 2011... It cost him $100 US to get one for his wife, who couldn't get one at the border as her passport was expired.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Had a friend walk across at SY today. He said something about having to give his license to someone and then was walked to the temp immigration office. Upon return he had to give a tip to get his license back. I guess he was also asked for a tip for the guy who walked him over. WTF?

That's a first, isloated incident? The way I'm reading this,
is a pedestrian entering TJ, having no need to stop
at Immigration, which has NEVER been required, either
going to TJ for the day, etc., no need for a fmm,
was stopped asked for
ID then mordida?

[Edited on 10-25-2012 by sancho]
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 10:34 AM

I bribed $40 at GN in 1997 for me and a friend going south!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Had a friend walk across at SY today. He said something about having to give his license to someone and then was walked to the temp immigration office. Upon return he had to give a tip to get his license back. I guess he was also asked for a tip for the guy who walked him over. WTF?

That's a first, isloated incident? The way I'm reading this,
is a pedestrian entering TJ, having no need to stop
at Immigration, which has NEVER been required, either
going to TJ for the day, etc., no need for a fmm,
was stopped asked for
ID then mordida?

[Edited on 10-25-2012 by sancho]

Friend was headed down to BA today and thus walked over in advance to get FMM. He said a person crossing with a trailer stopped to get one and went through the same proceedure. My guess is that there is a new or temp office and some people are getting creative.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 03:10 PM

Just say "no" :light:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.