Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New INM Law Q&A
karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 11-30-2012 at 07:40 AM
New INM Law Q&A

This is dated Nov 29th. Although it is from MZT, we can only hope the info in correct and "ALL" INM offices will apply the new laws as written.

http://yucalandia.wordpress.com/living-in-yucatan-mexico/mex...
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2012 at 08:12 AM

oh, to live in Yucatan instead of Loreto...

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 11-30-2012 at 08:21 AM

Best information sofar.

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 11-30-2012 at 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rhintransit

So, what's holding you ??:biggrin::biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-30-2012 at 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by karenintx
........we can only hope the info in correct and "ALL" INM offices will apply the new laws as written.

Hahahaha.......you can't get the same answer from two people who work in the same office together and we expect it to be followed throughout the whole country???........this is going to be applied as all laws are in Mexico.......each office will have it's own system and rules.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-30-2012 at 12:23 PM

IF the answers are true... then a couple of them are quite interesting and fall far from the published or assumed facts of the past:

26. Am I still able to rent a private home to live in even if I only have a 180 day
tourist visa?
Español: ¿Puedo rentar una casa si solo estoy aquí con una visa de turista de 180
días?
SI

32. My husband and I stay in Mazatlan less than 180 days a year and currently
each have a FM3. We own a condo. What visa is best for us?
Español: Mi esposo y yo pasamos en Mazatlán menos de 180 días al año,
actualmente cada uno tenemos una FM3, tenemos un condominio –¿ Cual Visa es
mejor para nosotros?
TURISTA POR 180 DÍAS CADA VEZ.
180 day tourist visa

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2012 at 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
26. Am I still able to rent a private home to live in even if I only have a 180 day
tourist visa?
Español: ¿Puedo rentar una casa si solo estoy aquí con una visa de turista de 180
días?
SI

Thanks for pointing that out, in the past my ASSUMPTION
was that you could not enter into a legal agreement, such
as renting a place under the fmm, that renting you became
a resident of sorts, not an fmm tourist. So IF this
info is correct, it is good to know. However this is just 1
interpretation, I suppose the bottom line is what
Mex Immigration's reading of the regs are at the location
in Mex you are

[Edited on 12-2-2012 by sancho]
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2012 at 10:01 PM

I was notified to today, by the lady who is doing my permanent residence paperwork that they are not requiring us to provide bank statements. We have had our FM3 for 5 years and our FM2 to 3 years and she notified me today that if we did not have any late renewals of penalties that we were good to go without the bank statements.

Woo Whoooo
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2012 at 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Quote:
Originally posted by rhintransit

So, what's holding you ??:biggrin::biggrin:

okay, oh, to have Yucantan's INM's interpretation/administration of the new law and to live in Loreto!

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2012 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
I was notified to today, by the lady who is doing my permanent residence paperwork that they are not requiring us to provide bank statements. We have had our FM3 for 5 years and our FM2 to 3 years and she notified me today that if we did not have any late renewals of penalties that we were good to go without the bank statements.

Woo Whoooo

And, here I sit, only a few miles away from you, and I'm told I have to submit six months of statements [which I will be doing tomorrow morning].

Ahhhhhhhh, Mexico....Where do you begin, and where do you end?
Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2012 at 11:04 AM

The first time I got an FM3 I contacted the Mexican Consulates in Sacramento and in Las Vegas. Got two different answers. So I said, screw it, and went down to San Felipe where I have my casa. Got even more confusing there. So puleeze Mexico, give me a freakin break.

I now have an FM3 for many years. All I do is pay the preparer the money, give them the documentation they request, sign on the dotted line, and then wait for Mexico to issue the FM3 at their leisure. The process varies from year to year.:biggrin:

Why do Liberals insist and demand that achievers pay the way for nonachievers who are to lazy to succeed, or are just failures by their own choice?

Criminals prefer unarmed victims, dictators prefer unarmed subjects.

Why do ignorant people continue their blabbering when it only proves to others how stupid they are.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2012 at 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajorge
The process varies from year to year.:biggrin:

I really believe that Mexico is trying to take control of her immigration issues, probably more for revenue reasons than anything else, and just doesn't have a clear plan as to how they should go about it.
They may be learning in the process that the facet of the issue that has suffered most through deferred maintenance and central control is their scattered infrastructure, the various regional offices, that have, over time, morphed into fiefdoms with their own methods of operation
Perhaps there's an employment opportunity for Mitt Romney in DF. :lol:
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2012 at 12:33 PM

Dennis, Dennis, that's FEMA, not immigration down here. Either place, if you want to hear the tune, you gotta pay the fiefer.
Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajorge
The process varies from year to year.:biggrin:

I really believe that Mexico is trying to take control of her immigration issues, probably more for revenue reasons than anything else, and just doesn't have a clear plan as to how they should go about it.
They may be learning in the process that the facet of the issue that has suffered most through deferred maintenance and central control is their scattered infrastructure, the various regional offices, that have, over time, morphed into fiefdoms with their own methods of operation
Perhaps there's an employment opportunity for Mitt Romney in DF. :lol:

It's sort of like a Nomad forum the way Mexico is handling Immigration visas and the such.
Everybody has an opinion, and I think Mexico tries each idea for a week or two at a time. But, I wish they would settle on one and stick to it.

Why do Liberals insist and demand that achievers pay the way for nonachievers who are to lazy to succeed, or are just failures by their own choice?

Criminals prefer unarmed victims, dictators prefer unarmed subjects.

Why do ignorant people continue their blabbering when it only proves to others how stupid they are.
MsTerieus
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
I had to submit a ton of financial stuff at the consulate in San Diego to get my permanente residencia visas for my family last month.
It was a lot of work.

Now that we are here in Nayarit we need to get to INM in a week or so and move forward.

Congrats on your progress, Soulpatch. Did you need to translate your financials into Spanish? Also, did you just walk into the S.D. Consulate, or were you able to make a reservation (which I doubt)?
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 12:25 PM

Just show up before they open and be first in line outside on the sidewalk, go upstairs and take a number. The visa office is on the second floor. Bring everything anybody has ever said you would need, then add some stuff.........oh, bring plenty of quarters for the parking meters.

[Edited on 12-3-2012 by bajaguy]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.