BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Woody and others teaching a Dumb Dumb how to post photos and a few Photos
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 12-2-2012 at 07:04 PM

If you put multiple images on "text edit" or "word" then paste you don't have to go back to edit for more than one picture.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 12-2-2012 at 08:24 PM

cool you guys are good, thanks a bunch

[Edited on 12-3-2012 by BajaNomad]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 07:23 AM

Your images are to wide. Grand Poobah is editing them o proper size. Happened to me too.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 09:45 AM

A MAJOR step in posting Photobucket (or other remote site) photos here on Nomad is to NOT EXCEED 800 pixels in width! You see Doug has come through and fixed the photos Bruce posted.

The following info has been posted on Nomad many times:

Join photobucket (free), create albums and upload your photos to the albums that you want to share here.

BEFORE uploading, click on: Customize your upload options and select 640x480 (nice size for most photos) or 800x600 (max size for Nomad, for max detail, such as maps).

Select the IMG link under your photo (move mouse on photo you want to post here), and copy that IMG link...

Paste that link here where you type on Nomad... you can type in text between photos,... and you can post multiple photos in one post.

Just pre select 800 pixels wide or smaller so the Nomad page isn't distorted by giant photos, as we sometimes see here.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 11:57 AM

Bruce --- your "cooking" with gas now -- thanks for sharing :):)

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 12:35 PM

I used the new photobucket for my Bajalou Memorial trip report and I did not see where you could customize the size and therefor e my picture are wider than usual. For my B1K report I did yesterday I used the old photobucket.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 01:34 PM
For the FireFox users here...

This Photobucket Firefox add on allows you to right-click on images that appear on any web page and upload them directly to your Photobucket account:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-u...

Here's how to adjust your older version of PB

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
bacquito
Super Nomad

Mood: jubilado

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 02:22 PM

This whole exercise kinda made me hungry!

bacquito
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 07:21 PM

so just when I thought I had it im told I cant do it that way, I dont use Firefox, and I dont shoot or store photos in 800 pix. any one have any ideas on how to post here. why does it mater if the photos are stored off site?

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
I used the new photobucket for my Bajalou Memorial trip report and I did not see where you could customize the size and therefor e my picture are wider than usual. For my B1K report I did yesterday I used the old photobucket.

It is in small blue text "Customize your upload options" click on that, and a pop up will have several selections of sizes... 640 is perfect, and 800 is max (for more detail like maps) to post on Nomad and not distort the whole thread. CLICK SAVE next. McFez posted an image with a square around it, above.

You will need to reload the same images and just replace the old IMG tags with the new ones from the reduced photos.

Thank you for trying!!!

[Edited on 12-4-2012 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
so just when I thought I had it im told I cant do it that way, I dont use Firefox, and I dont shoot or store photos in 800 pix. any one have any ideas on how to post here. why does it mater if the photos are stored off site?

It doesn't matter at all... it helps to not use Nomad server space by using Photobucket or another remote site. However, the WIDTH of your photos here does matter... If they are over 800 pixels wide, they will distort the entire page wide, including text, making seeing your photos and reading all text difficult when viewing on a standard monitor. So, Doug and us who love seeing photos here requests that everyone please reduce the photos image width to 800 or less pixels wide... an easy to do task before uploading onto Photobucket from your PC.

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 08:14 PM

my photos are already on photobucket. at hi res. so I need to down lode them and degrade them then upload again then transfer to Nomad?

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 08:19 PM

Quote:
my photos are already on photobucket. at hi res. so I need to down lode them and degrade them then upload again then transfer to Nomad?

Yes, and it isn't a degrade at all... just the size (area) on the screen you are limiting to 640 or 800 pixels wide.

Go ahead and make a new Photobucket album for Nomad posting, so you know those are the ones at the correct size.

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 09:35 PM

:-)
Bruce..........if you wish

Email me any pictures that you wish to post and I'll do it for you.........and anyone else here, the offer is for you.

deno@gigo.com

Quote:

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2012 at 03:10 PM

im going to figure this out if it takes a year with all the good help here im sure ill get it sooner than that

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2012 at 06:49 PM

Your car wash thread seems to prove you got it down!:bounce:

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2012 at 09:00 AM

yes David I am starting to get the hang of it.

you can teach a old dog something new after all:light:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.