BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: reccomend a hotel around Catavina general area?
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2013 at 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
I've heard way more positive reviews of cabanas linda than ive heard bad. why not just carry a set of sheets and give lucy's place a shot?

With the pavement, how long before another hotel is built on Gonzaga Bay, do you think? Rodriguez has had that resort master plan inside the Rancho Grande store for a dozen years? Now that Los Piños owns the San Quintin and Cataviña hotels, how long before they build the 'Hotel Mision Gonzaga'?

I smell Time Shares,, coming soon to Gonzaga
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-10-2013 at 07:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl

With the pavement, how long before another hotel is built on Gonzaga Bay, do you think? Rodriguez has had that resort master plan inside the Rancho Grande store for a dozen years? Now that Los Piños owns the San Quintin and Cataviña hotels, how long before they build the 'Hotel Mision Gonzaga'?

I smell Time Shares,, coming soon to Gonzaga

i know a guy who's wifes uncles family owns Pinos and was kidnapped a few years back. $$$ was paid and he was freed. they own a rather large chunk of Gonzaga.

it's the guy i put you in contact with a while back.....

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 1-10-2013 at 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I sleep in my bag at every hotel / motel when driving. Actually two bags; one under one over. Also, a set of flat sheets fits in the suitcase nicely if flying. I would not expect any of those cheapo hotels to change sheets after every guest.

So, now if there is any questionable stuff on the sheets/bedspread it will be on your sleeping bag, to take with you to the next destination.:?::?:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2013 at 09:03 PM

The Mission Catavina hotel has the latest heating and AC in the rooms with remote control. The rooms were upgraded when the new owners (the tomato owner in San Quintin) took over. The rooms for 1 or 2 people is $95 US but a Discover Baja card gets you a 10% discount. They are really nice rooms just pricey.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 1-10-2013 at 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Quote:
I sleep in my bag at every hotel / motel when driving. Actually two bags; one under one over. Also, a set of flat sheets fits in the suitcase nicely if flying. I would not expect any of those cheapo hotels to change sheets after every guest.

So, now if there is any questionable stuff on the sheets/bedspread it will be on your sleeping bag, to take with you to the next destination.:?::?:

-----better it be on the outside of your bag than on the "inside" next to you. My sleeping bag has lots of strange things on the outside of it. :lol:

Barry
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Quote:

-----better it be on the outside of your bag than on the "inside" next to you. My sleeping bag has lots of strange things on the outside of it. :lol:

Barry

DITTO:lol::lol::lol::light::light::light:
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
The Mission Catavina hotel has the latest heating and AC in the rooms with remote control. The rooms were upgraded when the new owners (the tomato owner in San Quintin) took over. The rooms for 1 or 2 people is $95 US but a Discover Baja card gets you a 10% discount. They are really nice rooms just pricey.

Thanks TW. AfterDavid's post I thought I might of gotten a special room.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last time I talked to the owners, they stated that given the distance to haul fuel for the generator, food for the restaurant, etc. that they had no choice if they were to keep up a first class place. They have a point.
wprsly

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 08:26 AM

these threads do wander, don't they?
but many thanks to all, wonderful input.

After listening, I have solved the problem (I hope!) of the noisy Baja Cactus by booking a room at Baja Best B&B....unless you tell me of problems there?

take care all. love this board and people who care so much that others have a good time...
Willy
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 08:39 AM

don't listen to anyone else. tell us how you did after you get back. i like the Cactus and the brakes don't bother me. every place has its +'s and -'s....

sleep tight!

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 09:13 AM

A nomad once reported about incessant flies in the restaurant at Baja Best....:O

but I agree with Woody...things change...make the most of what you find...go check it out and report back....

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 09:17 AM

Used to be cigarettes, pets, flies, etc in the kitchen and dining room...but maybe that has all changed. Like others have said..write a review
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wprsly

After listening, I have solved the problem (I hope!) of the noisy Baja Cactus by booking a room at Baja Best B&B....unless you tell me of problems there?

take care all. love this board and people who care so much that others have a good time...
Willy

Try to get them to turn off the Fox News at Baja Best

And why the blasting of the pink palace hotel in catavina? What's a few pubes between friends?
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 01:14 PM

Yeah it's been a few years since I stayed at the La Pinta. Glad they now have heat but I wonder how reliable their generators are? A guy by the name of Stan Duke of Mariposa told me a story 26-years ago about paying $50 for a room (then) jumping in the shower, soaping up then the lights and water pressure quit when the La Pinta generator died.

I just cannot see paying DOUBLE Motel 6 (Flea Farm) room prices for a room that has 60% of the amenities of a flea farm, four dollar an hour maids*, and freezing or sweating my butt off. Paying eighty dollars to close my eyes in pitch black tiled quaintness no es mi copa de te. A clean room, with clean linens, and a gringo-grade bed plus a carry-on electric heater is the way to go IMHO.

*I'm b-tchin' about their exploitation not their service. I usually leave a 50 peso tip.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
Quote:
Originally posted by wprsly

Willy

Try to get them to turn off the Fox News at Baja Best

And why the blasting of the pink palace hotel in catavina? What's a few pubes between friends?
martyman is dead on. besides, you never know who stayed there the night before.:coolup:
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 03:06 PM

OMG!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.