Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Breakfast in La Paz
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2013 at 05:35 PM
Breakfast in La Paz

Yesterday we ate here at El Moro. Horrible
Today we went to an old favorite, El Cocina de Marie.....wonderful.
Perfect eggs, crispy bacon, killer frijoles, warm tortillas, fresh squeezed oj. Que mas quiere?
Tomorrow on the way out of town we plan to hit Les' again for empanadas of whatever fruit they have....the cherry we hope.

mirko
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2013 at 06:36 PM

Rancho Viejo is nice but not the one on the malecon. The one up a block from where the malecon starts is very nice. My favorite place to eat in La Paz is Los Magueyes.
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2013 at 07:36 PM

The Shack has breakfast now and Travis is whipping up funnel cakes with bacon, eggs, potatoes and other Travis'isms. Served with Cafe La Choya coffee and you have a meal that nobody else serves in La Paz.

The Shack is closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
bajalinda
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2013 at 08:04 PM

oh - sorry you had a bad breakfast at El Moro - that's not good news since we have had a good breakfast there. That said, one of our very favorite places in La Paz for breakfast is La Fonda on the corner of Bravo and Revolucion. We keep saying we'll try Rancho Viejo for breakfast one of these days, but it seems we only get there for lunch, which is good too.
Cappy
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2013 at 07:51 AM

La Panga restaurant in marina palmira. Great food great service, overlooking marina. Buffet on weekends.
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 1-23-2013 at 04:09 PM

Lots of great places for breakfast here. For an excellent and inexpensive plate of huevos rancheros con tocino try Cafe Olimpia on Marcus de Leon 2+ blocks SE of the malecon. They have been serving economical breakfasts and lunches for over 30 years here. Must be doing something right.
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 1-23-2013 at 08:27 PM

We like the Bagel Shop, can't beat fresh bagels and homemade lox!

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
bajalinda
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2013 at 08:13 AM

Ditto on the Bagel Shop - we like it too. And they also serve La Choya coffee!
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2013 at 08:50 AM

BTW I feel like I should mention that El Moro Hotel is still as wonderful as ever. Apparently they leased the restaurant to a new person who, in all honesty, I would have thought knew how to make a good breakfast since that is his specialty...

dravnx
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2013 at 10:22 AM
another vote for Baja Bagel

I'm a recovering New York Jew living in N. Cal and discovered Baja Bagel a few days ago. I haven't had a bagel this good in 20 years living in California. And the folks that own the place are sweethearts. Coffee is great, prices reasonable, check the placed out.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2013 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalinda
oh - sorry you had a bad breakfast at El Moro - that's not good news since we have had a good breakfast there. That said, one of our very favorite places in La Paz for breakfast is La Fonda

I'll 2nd Fonda -- love this place!!!! Seems like lots of locals there.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-31-2013 at 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dravnx
I'm a recovering New York Jew living in N. Cal and discovered Baja Bagel a few days ago. I haven't had a bagel this good in 20 years living in California. And the folks that own the place are sweethearts. Coffee is great, prices reasonable, check the placed out.

Is there one in "N. Cal" ? How about S. Cal? Is the one pictured above in La Paz? Thanks!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajalinda
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2013 at 07:48 PM

The Bagel Shop pictured above is in La Paz - located near the cathedral, Cinco de Mayo y Belisario Dominguez. From the Malecon, go up Cinco de Mayo one block and take the first left which is Belisario Dominguez. The Bagel Shop is on your right in the middle of the block.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-1-2013 at 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalinda
The Bagel Shop pictured above is in La Paz - located near the cathedral, Cinco de Mayo y Belisario Dominguez. From the Malecon, go up Cinco de Mayo one block and take the first left which is Belisario Dominguez. The Bagel Shop is on your right in the middle of the block.

Great directions! I wish all Nomads where as thorough as you!

So it's easier to find than Tres Virgenes??? :light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2013 at 03:31 PM

we really like la fonda too.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2013 at 05:21 PM

Where is La Fonda?
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 2-1-2013 at 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oladulce
Where is La Fonda?

Corner of Bravo and Revolucion. Great for lunch.

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.