Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: TODOS SANTOS parking alert
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2013 at 04:16 PM
TODOS SANTOS parking alert

This was posted in Today's Western Onion: Be Careful When Parking -

Be very careful where you park in town. Our friends accidentally parked slightly into the blue of a blue painted curb, in the dark, without noticing it. The police took their license plates and they had to pay a $3800 peso fine to get them back. The original fine was $6800. Don't park on a green curb either. Cuidado. - J. Stephens, Todos Santos

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 1-29-2013 at 04:24 PM

I parked in a BLUE ZONE in La Paz. Cops took my license plates. They demanded to see my blue rear-view mirror disabled placard. I reached into the glove box and showed it to them. They said it belonged hanging on the rear view mirror. I said "OK"

Then they brought back the license plates. You know, the ones marked DP with the wheelchair symbol on them.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2013 at 07:07 PM

I'd like to know exactly who they paid the 3800 pesos to.
Wally
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2013 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco

Yeah, x2. That's an absurd amount of money for a parking violation.

Pretty sure you can park in El Jeffe's living room and not get a $3800 ticket

[Edited on 1-30-2013 by Wally]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2013 at 07:59 PM

they still got a stoplight hanging 30 foot up in the middle of town? now that was a money maker!:wow:
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2013 at 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
they still got a stoplight hanging 30 foot up in the middle of town? now that was a money maker!:wow:
I haven't heard of anyone getting an infraction at that light in years. In fact, the locals treat the semafaro and the local stop signs as just a suggestion. I haven't heard one story in years about anyone being hassled by Todos Santos cops, sometimes I wish they'd enforce the traffic regulations a little more forcefully, especially when it comes to exceeding the speed limit and drunk driving.
Jim/Liisa
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2013 at 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
This was posted in Today's Western Onion: Be Careful When Parking -

Be very careful where you park in town. Our friends accidentally parked slightly into the blue of a blue painted curb, in the dark, without noticing it. The police took their license plates and they had to pay a $3800 peso fine to get them back. The original fine was $6800. Don't park on a green curb either. Cuidado. - J. Stephens, Todos Santos

I thought you could park on any parking space, including a curb painted green?

[Edited on 1-30-2013 by Jim/Liisa]

[Edited on 1-30-2013 by Jim/Liisa]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2013 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
I haven't heard of anyone getting an infraction at that light in years. In fact, the locals treat the semafaro and the local stop signs as just a suggestion. I haven't heard one story in years about anyone being hassled by Todos Santos cops, sometimes I wish they'd enforce the traffic regulations a little more forcefully, especially when it comes to exceeding the speed limit and drunk driving.
they didnt even have a car, just the constable sitting on a park bench under the light waving folks over to pay the fine!
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2013 at 10:21 AM

pesos, and not a bad fine for parking in a disabled person parking zone.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wally
Quote:

Yeah, x2. That's an absurd amount of money for a parking violation.

Pretty sure you can park in El Jeffe's living room and not get a $3800 ticket

[Edited on 1-30-2013 by Wally]
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2013 at 11:18 AM

Simple solution

Buy some screws that go one direction. The won't be removing any lic plates with out the special tool to remove!!:fire:
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 1-30-2013 at 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
Simple solution

Buy some screws that go one direction. The won't be removing any lic plates with out the special tool to remove!!:fire:

Unsimple Result:

If they can't get the plates off they call a tow truck. Been there, done that.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.