BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: If You Need A New Water-Efficient Toilet And Live In La Paz, You're In Luck
Bajatripper
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 05:12 PM
If You Need A New Water-Efficient Toilet And Live In La Paz, You're In Luck

If you live within the city limits of La Paz and want to upgrade your old water-consuming toilet with a more efficient model (3.7 liters/flush), the municipal government currently has a program that may be of interest to you.

The Modulo de Desarrollo Social at the Ayuntamiento Offices on Colosio (near Soriana's) is in charge of the Programa de Intercambio de Inodoros, Fase II, which will install a new, water efficient toilet for only 299 pesos.

Here's how it works: you need to take your paid-to-date water bill and two copies along with your passport and two copies to their offices. After filling out the appropriate paperwork, they will issue a "vale" (like a coupon) which one takes to the El Arco Hardware store on Abasolo near Chedraui (don't know if other hardware stores are participating), where you pay and make the arragements to have their plumber come to your house and install the new toilet and take the old one with him.

The program does require that you have an old toilet to give up and they are supposedly going to break these up and dump them offshore somewhere to make an artificial reef.

My wife managed the transaction for me and it went smoothly. We've decided to go ahead and replace the other one, too.

If you have any questions, you can read up on it at their website: www.Niparaja.org or call them at: 9612)123-7900, ext. 2657.

But supplies are limited, so if you're going to take advantage of this water-saving program, do so soon.

There most certainly is but one side to every story: the TRUTH. Variations of it are nothing but lies.
bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 06:40 PM

How fortunate . . .

American by birth, Mexican by choice.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 07:10 PM

The only toilet that flushed really well, but cost about $300 was the new ones that have an air tank in their water reservoir.
It has two flush cycles...a #1 and a #2.
When I lived in a house, I really saw a marked decrease in water consumption.
Although the sewer bill remained the same because of a minimum charge!

The toilets are available at Home depot as well as Lowes. Plus they accept the new toilet seats that have a "shock absorber" toilet seat that lowers by just tilting the seat forward.
Talk about a happy wife!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 08:18 PM

Ah, man, I wished I knew that. Just recently got rid of my 3.5 gal dinosaur and replaced it with a 1.28 Liter toilet. But the cost was still not bad. Paid about $89 USD for the toilet and about only $15 USD for installation, both obtained at Home Depot in La Paz. Made a big difference in water consumption.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2013 at 06:57 AM

Some time ago with my two youngest grandkids over for the weekend, I took them into the kitchen and taught them the lesson I had taught all of our kids and their peers (13 other grandkids).

In front of them I filled two one-gallon jugs of water, then I filled a two cup glass container. Setting the filled items next to each other I informed them that the glass container (as I poured it in the sink) is about what they pee in the toilet (giggles), then I picked up a gallon container in each hand an proceeded to pour them in after the two cups while telling them this is the water going down the toilet when they flush it after peeing...they were amazed! Lessoned learn.

Everyone, kids, guests, friends, know that when you do #1 it is not good to flush, even at holiday dinners when we host 25+ people. Another bonus is our water bill is incredibly low!

For all you naysayers...I am a retired building contractor of 30+ years, the 20 year old toilet in our home has never had a problem with this and neither has the 5 year old toilet in other bano.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2013 at 08:59 AM

I can't stand those cheapo toilets, they are made for dwarves.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.