Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: ;loreto
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2013 at 07:41 PM
;loreto

drove to guerrero negro the first night and stayed at el marillimo. to loreto today with a small detour at viscaino.staying at hacienda suites buy 2 get 1 free.. fishing here tomorrow.... then a big trip south to timbiabichi. was suprised to hear how many locals saying it was fairly populated. i was there 16 years ago and didnt see a soul. will report on fish tomorrow. also.... looking to leave my 24 foot aluminum cuddy cab down here for 7 weeks, to return and fish late aug. any sugestions.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2013 at 07:52 PM

Talk to Steven at the coco cabanas in loreto.even if he cant store it, he can tell you where to go.

If it can be on the Pacific side...come visit La Bocana and we can work something out too. We are 10 miles north of
Punta Abreojos.

[Edited on 7-23-2013 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2013 at 07:58 PM

tom,

The Bassett's storage lot is about two blocks south of the Hacienda Suites. It is fenced, secure and the last time I was on the property there were five dogs to discourage incursions by bandidos. Give them a call, or take a walk and check it out.

STORAGE:
RV and Boat Storage. Nice large covered storage spaces on cement pads (17 ft wide 40 ft long) for rent. $150.00 USD/mo (plus tax). Only 4 remaining pads. Easy in/out location and very secure. Reserve your space now ...
135-0657 or Bassettbw@yahoo.com
Loreto enterprise s.a de c.v
Leon Felipe. y Salvatierra y j.l Borge
Bill & Shirley Bassett owners
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2013 at 02:32 PM

thanks for the reccomends i will check on those. todays fishing not too good. 3 small dorado (15-18lbs) on purchased live bait. no double hookups. 3 fish about an hour apart. went 25 miles to north. tomorrow south. will purchase bait and fish on way to agua verde, then pull up and cruise to timbiabichi. weather is hot but not bad. sea was flat and good snorkeling. launch fee in effect and fishing license a must have. no armbands needed today. didnt hear on the radio of any boats having a good day. hacienda suites was very accomidating about having someone open the locked storage area for the boat at 545 am, i am happy. used to stay at the desert inn because of the huge parking area and the ability to park the boat right by the room. went by there yesterday and even with the large amount of travelers in town right now, the place was empty. a bit higher on room rates than hac suites, and no cable, and spotty wi-fi. excited for tomorrows trip, havent seen agua verde in 16 years, will report.
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 07:04 PM

today was a long trip to see places i havent been in quite a few years. bought bait at 615 am and headed south, the goal to make timbabichi. cruised through agua verde early with no signs of fish on the way. 10 miles south of agua verde hit the jackpot. seaweed holding schools of dorado with multiple hookups. not the biggest but over 30lbs on the two best. 5 more 15 to 25. not too bad. continued on to timbiabichi and walked up in the campo. about 50 people living there now. stayed a couple hours and had a tour by resident manuel. snorkeled and lobstered on the way back
(wont post about that stuff)...... but the sea is beautiful and the weather fine. heading south to la paz tomorrow. thanks for the hookup with bassets..... boat will be staying there for a while.... til i come back in august. and found out that yesterday boats that went out to the reef (36+-miles) did have good results. i will fish here again on sun and thats where we will head
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 07:15 PM

Beats a day at the office, sounds fun enjoy :cool:
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 07:13 PM

went south to bahia la ventana today (in Truck). came back to La Paz and staying at Club Marlin... This place is cool. 45 $ room and million $ view. about 5 miles out of town on the way back to Loreto.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.