BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pictures of the LATE but excellent wine and cheese tasting event
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2013 at 07:08 PM
Pictures of the LATE but excellent wine and cheese tasting event

You would think that after 7 years in Mexico, I would have been better prepared for today, but I wasn't. The event was scheduled for noon, so at 20 of, I went down to see what things looked like. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, no one was there. So I went over to Julio's house to ask what was going on. She is late (really?) - she had some trouble getting through the G Negro checkpoint as she needed special permits for the cheeses (tell me another one)...

So, I went home, grabbed some chairs, a good bottle of wine, some glasses and we went on our way to wait ...

It was a beautiful day and this is the view we had for 2 full hours as we all chatted and sat under that very palapita:

When the shade got too too small, we moved over to where the table was set up: still no wine nor cheese )):

Here is Scott and Kim who run another B&B in town as well as some friends from Bay of LA who are spending a couple months at Campo Rene:

Les and Joaquin, the owner of Cactus restaurant:

and Dave (Chelo is to his right and not shown) who run Chelo's hotel in Punta Abreojos,as well as John McFrog and his wife from Punta Abreojos:

Eventually, a guy came on a horse offering everyone rides. we were hungry and antsy and not interested, but the kids were!

The Punta Abreojos group gave up and went home, not 5 minutes later, the wines and cheeses arrived!! Boy were we happy. They sold out of everything - really good wines, really good flavored cheeses and more. All coming from ranchos around Ensenada.

2 kinds of olive oil:

black olives - dips - honey honey honey

For next time, I have requested that the event holders arrive one day early, so they are ready for set up and delivery right on time. They agreed. So, shall I hold my breath ???

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 8-12-2013 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2013 at 07:31 PM

You will turn lots of shades of blue waiting for it to start on time. :biggrin:

A really nice event --- looks good.

BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 8-11-2013 at 08:00 PM

So good to see long lost faces............
Still looked fun for all us NOB folks missn out
see you folks soon :cool:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2013 at 08:28 PM

and this pic just got sent to me - proves WE were there :

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-11-2013 at 08:32 PM

You say the cheese came from ensenada,... Is there a particular store in Ensenada with a wide selection of Baja cheeses?
Curt63
Super Nomad

Mood: Fish tacos and Tecate

[*] posted on 8-11-2013 at 08:43 PM

Looks like a good time...on Baja time

Say hi to pinchy Joaquin for me

No worries
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2013 at 10:43 PM

You guys are so cool. Glad you had a great time. Fun pictures!

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2013 at 09:16 AM

mtgoat333 none of the wines had labels nor did the cheeses. Three very distinct wines. One was dry and my favorite. One was sweet and the other a mix.

The lady does sell in Ensenada, so I will try and get more info.

Come visit La Bocana

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2013 at 10:11 PM

Blanca is that a Doña Lupe wine bottle , what les is holding in is hand, looks like their honey wine bottle..
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2013 at 11:05 AM

so whats the deal with the restaurant, is it open for business? our last trip out, it and the log cabins were unfinished.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-13-2013 at 11:09 AM

Great images Blanca. You sabotaged my will to diet :).

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
Leo
Senior Nomad

Mood: could be better

[*] posted on 8-13-2013 at 12:05 PM

Good to see a picture of you two. Looks like it worked out fine in the end. Always fun, wine or beer for that matter, tasting with good company. Cheers!

The grass is always greener....
and so, there is always a better spot in Baja
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2013 at 08:56 PM

Willardguy, of course the cabins are not finished. And of course the restaurant is not either.

Bajacat - That is a delicious wonderful smooth wine that we were given. The people who made it did it for fun and dont have a license to sell wine, so they give it to their friends. Aren't we lucky?!

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.