BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8
Author: Subject: Will the cooling of the arctic ocean improve fishing in Baja?
DavidT
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2013 at 06:33 PM

Quote:
So, let me get this right. It's ok for you to make unsubstantiated statements like you did about Reagan and taxes and I am supposed to not refute them with facts? Just checking.

I wish I could share your enthusiasm about more ice pack this year. Can I be glad about that and still not see this particular individual finding as evidence that global warming is a hoax perpetrated on the public by Al Gore?

Is it ok If I believe, as a majority of scientists who study the phenomenon do, that we will see the affects of GLOBAL temperature rise by increasingly dramatic weather events i.e. more hurricanes, torential rains, tornadoes, warming ocean currents, rising sea levels? If it's ok for me to believe the overwhelming findings of climatologists then I assume you can see why i and others may not share your enthusiasm any more than we would be enthusiastic about a grossly obese person refusing an extra cookie.

Is it ok for you to post statements that are not true and then change the subject and not respond to the corrections? A simple 'Thank you" would be appreciated by this writer, who is helping you not to appear so ignorant by repeating untrue statements. Consider it a gift amigo.

Iflyfish

Ditto

David
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2013 at 06:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidT
So, let me get this right. It's ok for you to make unsubstantiated statements like you did about Reagan and taxes and I am supposed to not refute them with facts? Just checking.

I wish I could share your enthusiasm about more ice pack this year. Can I be glad about that and still not see this particular individual finding as evidence that global warming is a hoax perpetrated on the public by Al Gore?

Is it ok If I believe, as a majority of scientists who study the phenomenon do, that we will see the affects of GLOBAL temperature rise by increasingly dramatic weather events i.e. more hurricanes, torential rains, tornadoes, warming ocean currents, rising sea levels? If it's ok for me to believe the overwhelming findings of climatologists then I assume you can see why i and others may not share your enthusiasm any more than we would be enthusiastic about a grossly obese person refusing an extra cookie.

Is it ok for you to post statements that are not true and then change the subject and not respond to the corrections? A simple 'Thank you" would be appreciated by this writer, who is helping you not to appear so ignorant by repeating untrue statements. Consider it a gift amigo.

Iflyfish

Ditto

:yes::yes: But I fear the well presented gift may be rejected.

bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2013 at 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Iflyfish

Iflyfish

Ditto from me too. Well said Iflyfish!!! I will leave it at that.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2013 at 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
*Can't we just discuss the ice pack getting bigger the very year some said it would be gone?
*Can't we be happy that nature is stronger than man, but that man can learn from his mistakes and do better?
*Can't we see that climate changes, and it is a NATURAL thing, and raising taxes does not change it one way or another.
*Can't we be adult enough to have different opinions and listen to each other without getting upset or nasty?
*Can't we just enjoy reading Baja Nomad to see and enjoy each other's contributions?

Thank you for participating in this thread... I really thought everyone would welcome the news of more ice instead of no ice this past August, compared to the year before. :wow: :rolleyes: :biggrin: :yes:
David, I agree with you that certain individuals and groups have used the global warming issue as a vehicle to enrich themselves, but do you really believe that the thousands of climate scientists, who after years of meticulous in depth research, have come to the conclusion that man's activities are negatively affecting the environment, are somehow part of some vast conspiracy to make Al Gore rich and destroy America?

"The future ain't what it used to be"
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 9-17-2013 at 08:31 PM

Points well made Rick. And it isn't so much about the man as the sad number of others like him you could have been describing. More people are killed by baseball bats than by guns, right David.
Take a breath, let it out slowly, I invite you to LOOK for a contradiction to your argument now and then and see if it has merit before you share. It can deliver a liberating feeling, breaking out of lock step. I bless your journey.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2013 at 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Points well made Rick. And it isn't so much about the man as the sad number of others like him you could have been describing. More people are killed by baseball bats than by guns, right David.
Take a breath, let it out slowly, I invite you to LOOK for a contradiction to your argument now and then and see if it has merit before you share. It can deliver a liberating feeling, breaking out of lock step. I bless your journey.
busted out the baseball bat theory, oh thats low :lol:
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2013 at 08:41 PM

David is playing you guys.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2013 at 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken

Skeet is the original rope-a-dope expert. Proves it time after time.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2013 at 09:32 PM

Of course he believes it, he's still playing you.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2013 at 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken

You're giving him to much credit. If he was playing he would do it better.

Anyway, that brings us back to deception and it's merits.
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.