Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: The party's over, DUMP B of A
skippermike
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2013 at 11:42 AM
BofA International Trans Fee

Yup - Got boinked for $13+ for withdrawing 6000 pesos from a Santander ATM while down for the Baja 1000.
Went into my branch to get fee refunded, and the couple at the next "officer's" desk was complaining about the same thing. My "officer" - 20-something airhead - said that "there must be a lot of San Diego people going to Baja" --- Duh!!
In any case, no refund - for a 20+ year customer.
It was very ho-hum, don't give a good sh&t.
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2013 at 02:11 PM

After working with both Wells Fargo and B of A professionally for twenty years for some very high balance clients, I can tell you that neither BofA nor Wells Fargo care one whit for small peon people like us. My experience has been that for us small clients those banks will make us cross every "T" and dot every "I", charge us every fee they can.

For their high roller clients, they will bend over backwards to accommodate them, break their own internal control rules and policies left and right, all day long, bend over backwards to give prompt accommodating service at every opportunity and on call, and even go to the high rollers' places of business to do mundane service things and keep up their PR efforts.

This is also a ramification of The Free Market At Work and the result of the "wisdom" of BofA/Wells Fargo business decisions. When you recite "Viva Capitalism" you are also reciting that to the circumstance I described hereinabove.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 12-8-2013 at 12:20 PM

Petition::

https://www.change.org/petitions/bank-of-america-eliminate-t...

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2013 at 01:47 PM

Keep a small balance and use BofA as a backup card. Activated my CS card last week. Used it at a BofA ATM, withdrew $800, and was charged $3.00 by BofA. CS is refunding the fee. I like that.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2013 at 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MitchMan
After working with both Wells Fargo and B of A professionally for twenty years for some very high balance clients, I can tell you that neither BofA nor Wells Fargo care one whit for small peon people like us. My experience has been that for us small clients those banks will make us cross every "T" and dot every "I", charge us every fee they can.

For their high roller clients, they will bend over backwards to accommodate them, break their own internal control rules and policies left and right, all day long, bend over backwards to give prompt accommodating service at every opportunity and on call, and even go to the high rollers' places of business to do mundane service things and keep up their PR efforts.

This is also a ramification of The Free Market At Work and the result of the "wisdom" of BofA/Wells Fargo business decisions. When you recite "Viva Capitalism" you are also reciting that to the circumstance I described hereinabove.
I would argue that what is going on is anti-capitalism, because the lack of competition that allows them to have that attitude is directly attributable to government legislation and federal reserve policy that has enabled and ensured the virtual monopoly that they now enjoy.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-8-2013 at 02:17 PM

I don't know what all the hand wringing is about. If you don't like BofA, dump them. It is apparent BofA does not care about the individual, only the corporations.

My suggestion is to open accounts at your local/employer Credit Union in the US. Have your money work locally. At least you can walk in or call up and talk to the CEO or the Chairman of the Board........then transfer what you need to your Schwab account and withdraw till you smile

philodog
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2013 at 01:50 PM

Fidelity charges no fee for ATM withdrawals in Baja, reimburses you for all other bank`s fees and only charges 1% for CC purchases. And best customer service ever.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 12-9-2013 at 02:18 PM

Hah! I misread the title of this thread. Thought 'B A'...Bahia Asuncion.. was under attack!

On Bank of America...I have tried them and others over the years for managing money to Baja. My old credit union is still the best. Personal service means a lot. They recognize my voice when I call.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.