BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Wonder what is going on in Loreto. . .
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CJ
Fresh water that comes out of the sewer drains. Come on get a grip. It's contaminated water and that's the way it is! Who do you think you are fooling? It's a mess and it needs to be cleaned up.
I drive through it when I'm going to my house. If you think it is fresh water go have a drink of it...

Amen. And it's all over town, and we would be naïve to think any different.

Of course, if I was a hotelier or restaurant owner I would want to believe a different story. Contaminated effluent is just that.

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 11:57 PM

i've been told that there are two separate water issues happening in Loreto.
The water on the north end of town, on Madero and Davis and the dirt streets up there is sewage. You can smell it.

The water on Juarez, Salvatierra and Hidalgo is much cleaner, though probably not as clean as they say it is. The water table is at street level in the low part of town right now, and fresh spring water is coming up under people's houses and in the streets. This is why Calle Agua Dulce is named Agua Dulce.
Although it may be somewhat contaminated by leaky old pipes, it doesn't smell like the water up north. Historically the area between the malecon and the plaza was wetland and mangeles, not a place where people lived and built.
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 11-17-2013 at 05:16 AM

Same day I checked into Coco's Cabanas, I stopped by to see a friend I hadn't seen in two years that lives in Loreto. And he said that I shouldn't spend any time in Loreto because of the health issues, and he stays out of 'that' area that has standing water & smells. He also has some concerns for the restaurants that are open in that area?????? Who wouldn't?? We did go out to the restaurant just south of town that opened three weeks ago. You have a sitting choice of 'at the pool' or upstairs looking "out to sea". The owners have done a great job here. And lunch opens at noon. Cold Pacifico's. Great menu, and we had a delightful visit with the owner during the meal. Highly recommend this restaurant. Then next day moved to Nopolo where we stayed with another friend. Drove to Villa Groups new resort south of Loreto maybe 30 miles???? What an incredible project. Staff falling all over themselves to offer any kind of assistance. Other than being as remote as it gets, we did talk to several of the guests while we were there, and they all chose it for it's isolation?????? different strokes for different folks. But the lunch was fine, and though on the edge of pricey side, well worth the drive out there to see it. We didn't get "hit up" once while we were there to get a presentation. We did eat in Nopolo at a little (french???) restaurant while in the area. Seating besides their building, and on the sidewalk, and does have indoor eating. It was FULL, and happy eating guests. And by time I finished my meal, I joined them as a 'happy guest'. Saturday morning, hit the road for Cabo. In LaPaz, BOTTLENECK getting through this town on way to Cabo. Anyone know of any short cuts??? It must have taken us about half an hour just to CRAWL along the south arrouyo road. Maybe it was being Saturday morning, but found the highway at the junction stop light to head south, huge problem. Police were running a manual override controlling the lights. They favored the No. So. traffic. The eastbound 'crawled' painfully. But once out of town, the roadway was E Z driving. And finally at Cabo about 4:30 p.m. The highway from S.T. was wonderful driving. First time on this completed part.
bobblack

[*] posted on 12-7-2013 at 12:51 PM

What is the latest information about Loreto sewer in the streets problem...??????? any solution ... thanks BB.
sequoyah
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2013 at 03:24 PM
Was just there.

There is one street that has some standing water, but no smell and really no problem.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.