Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Who are the Nomads?
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2014 at 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
Who are the Nomads?
............... love it enough to keep in touch through this forum even when they can’t get here to enjoy it.

............so true,,,me's staying in touch with the Baja I love even while 'homeland security' is keeping me north of the 49th parallel for the winter,,,and America 'safe':no::no::(
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2014 at 02:29 PM

We and others have shared one thing that is not mentioned. Some nomads are very different in person and are not who they write themselves to be. Some are exactly as they write.

Overall, it is a good place to find out certain information; albeit many different answers to the same question. :lol: We have made some very good friends through this forum and that is a good thing. A call for help is seldom ignored; even if the help comes with a price, but not always. It is a good place to promote local community projects and needs; even if that need is for a nomad who may or may not pay for the items. And it is a good place for lots of free advertising; and there is nothing wrong with that.

And personally, I have learned a lot about photography hanging around here! :biggrin:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-6-2014 at 06:25 PM

Some Nomads have never met certain Nomads, yet think they know about them, and talk bad about them to others, who they do they meet in person! :rolleyes:

Nothing beats personal meeting and hearing how someone talks and seeing their passion. The keyboard just cannot convey feelings and emotions that well.

Internet is great at conveying data and photos about Baja... but once we get personal, it can be less than beautiful at times... :rolleyes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2014 at 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Some Nomads have never met certain Nomads, yet think they know about them, and talk bad about them to others, who they do they meet in person! :rolleyes:

Internet is great at conveying data and photos about Baja... but once we get personal, it can be less than beautiful at times... :rolleyes:

Boy, you are right about those two things!

[Edited on 1-7-2014 by DianaT]
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2014 at 07:11 PM

Who are the Nomads? They are people who have helped enrich my Baja experience by offering trip ideas, tips, and help.

I have made a few friends on here too. I've never known anyone in Baja except my family in TJ.

Now I have people to visit in Asuncion, La Bocana, Ensenada, Los Frailes, Gonzaga, San Juanico, to name a few........All the more reason for more trips!

There are also people here that I believe would have my back, as I would theirs, if I found myself in need of help down south.

Peace.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-6-2014 at 07:59 PM

who you calling crusty?:lol:

you still kill me with the flesh eating dolphin story!:lol::lol:

Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 1-6-2014 at 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DocRey
What Osprey said.

Ditto. Bring it on!:):):)
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 1-6-2014 at 08:46 PM

I have tell all of you, we met our first nomad this New Years Eve, well at least one that I knew was a Nomad. We had the pleasure of meeting Paulina at the Diaz Party in BOLA. What a wonderful lady. Hope to meet other nomads someday!:tumble:
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 1-6-2014 at 08:49 PM

DENNIS loved and probably still loves this board. He bugged me and bugged me till I joined. Hope he is doing ok in La Jolla. (La Jolla California, USA, that is).

[Edited on 1-7-2014 by EnsenadaDr]
bajalearner
Senior Nomad

Mood: in search of more

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 07:41 AM

Those are nice words for the new year. Thanks I will try to live up to your example.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 08:27 AM

You hit the nail right on the head with your anecdote, George.

My second purpose in Baja (retiring here in BA is the first) was to personally visit with as many Bajanomads I could find along my travels. You, in fact, were my first Nomad I set out to meet in person...I drove 130 miles out of my way, just to meet this writer/fisherman. You have been a truly rewarding person whom I can call a friend.

And, BTW, your post is close to hitting the 1000 views mark:bounce: which makes it a popular topic with all readers.
Way to go, George!

BTW...I wish you were here this evening...I am serving pulled pork BBQ sandwiches with home made cole slaw and BBQ sauce to some friends here in BA.
On Thursday morning I am heading north, and on this trip I am stopping by bajagringo's house in La Chorera (just west of San Quintin).
Also, my PR paperwork has been turned in a week ago, and now I HAVE TO "apply" to leave the country for 30 days, just until my card arrives.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 08:50 AM

Quote:

We react to what we read. What more can be expected. They say JRBaja was a wonderful man if you met him in person. But here on the board he was a pain in the butt. Nobody can say why he chose to personify himself in that light but that's how he will be perceived.

To me it's unimportant what 'they really are'. I just respond to the written word.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 09:21 AM

beautiful post !

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:

We react to what we read. What more can be expected. They say JRBaja was a wonderful man if you met him in person. But here on the board he was a pain in the butt. Nobody can say why he chose to personify himself in that light but that's how he will be perceived.

To me it's unimportant what 'they really are'. I just respond to the written word.

Yes indeed, I am one who made the note about JR, that we fought online and shared beers in person. He openly told me he did what he did online to get a rise from folks. This is entertainment, after all... but I like it for the information, too.

My comment yesterday was that none of us should pretend we know a person solely by what is posted, but instead by what we have experienced in person. I may not agree with everything you say on Nomad, but I do not talk ill of you behind your back, I have not met you. Even if I had met you, I really have better things to discuss than feelings about others. This is a family, like it or not, and what you say will come back and bite you if it isn't true.

Baja is the reason we are here and that love for the peninsula should be an overriding bond we share.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 11:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes indeed, I am one who made the note about JR, that we fought online and shared beers in person. He openly told me he did what he did online to get a rise from folks. This is entertainment, after all... but I like it for the information, too.

My comment yesterday was that none of us should pretend we know a person solely by what is posted, but instead by what we have experienced in person. I may not agree with everything you say on Nomad, but I do not talk ill of you behind your back, I have not met you. Even if I had met you, I really have better things to discuss than feelings about others. This is a family, like it or not, and what you say will come back and bite you if it isn't true.

Baja is the reason we are here and that love for the peninsula should be an overriding bond we share.

You just expressed my feelings exactly, David. Thank you.

Barry
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.

Barry

He always does.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
My little spot in the sand will still be there and now that my partner is there she (the spot, i hope!) will be cared for in the way she deserves.

WORD!!!

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 01:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.

Barry

He always does.

Sometimes you do too, SkipJack. HAPPY NEW YEAR (-:

Barry
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 02:30 PM

Well said, as usual George, except for one thing. Pictures of kitties? Really? I thought that was the realm of icanhascheezburger.com.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 08:49 PM

Good dog! and an outstanding post, Osprey.:bounce:

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.