Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: RESIDENTE TEMPORAL
El Comadante Loco
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2014 at 09:17 PM
RESIDENTE TEMPORAL

Today was the day that we decided to apply for the Residente Temporal visa for my wife. We were off early to the office of el Consulado Mexicano en Calexcio. We arrived arounf 8:30 am and were out the door by 9:00am of course without the visa.

The process was simple only one form to fill out. You need your passport including a passport photo. We were asked for bank statements showing income of a minimum of $2000 per month for her since she is retired.. If you have joint bank account they divide the income by 2 to calculate the $2000 minimum required. All was going well until we were asked for documentation for the house in San Feiipe and property in Asuncion. I think the mistake we make was listing these on the form. We rushed back to El Centro to gather the documents.

Upon our return to the consulado we were promptly attended and presented our documents. Since my wife is not noted in the title for the Asuncion property we anticipated being asked for our marriage papers we got them out and made copies including a copy of the first page of the title for Asuncion. We were prepared and correct to make copies as we were asked for them. Now we were sure we would be out of there shortly. All was in order in fact we were told the only thing needed now was for the counsul to review the documents and that it would take about 15 minutes.. Well 15 minutes turned into 45 when my name was called. I was asked about my status and if I was a permanent resident, I said no that I had dual citizenship and pulled out my Matricula which was issued by them. The clerk confirmed with the consul that I had matricula and that was good enough. What my status had do with my wife's application I do not know

15 minutes later we had the Visa and were ready for the next step. The visa issued was only good for 6 months and with in that time you have to get back to the border get tourist FMM card which is tied to the Visa and issued for only 30 days. This is the time limit you have to complete the next step. I went to the Immigration office in Mexicali to inquire about the actual application process for the 4yr temporary resident permit. I was given the form needed and told all that was required was the passport with the visa , copy of each and 3 photos but not the same size as a passport photo and of course pay the fee of 3243 pesos.. Al this way to easy so I asked several times if any other documents were needed and each time the answer was no.. Stay tuned for the next chapter next month.

Lessons learned take extra copies of everything including drivers license,, expected the unexpected, go with flow relax and enjoy..

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.