Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: College sponsorship program 2015
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2014 at 08:33 PM
College sponsorship program 2015

So, I have started mentoring the next group of youngsters who are seniors and financially unable to afford college.

There are 8 in the program! Studying English with me three times a week during their recess. We are also working together to decide on majors. So far, Katia wants to study Business Mgmt. and another wants to study architecture. That leaves 6 undecided as of yet.

My mom recently sent a suitcase FULL of goodies that she picks up on her travels and at garage sales. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful helper. Here are some shots of this last stash that BajaNomader RUMRUNNER was so kind to bring down!

I USED THESE STICKERS TODAY:

TOOTHBRUSHES SO APPRECIATED:

THESE WILL BE USED AS INCENTIVE TO FINISH CLASSWORK QUICKLY IN THE 7TH GRADE NEXT MONDAY:

If anyone wants to learn more about the program and if anyone is inclined to support the program, please send me a U2U! The tuition per student is $200 twice a year - once in August (starting next year) and once in January for 4.5 years.

For $400 a year YOU CAN make a huge difference in these kids lives.

Remember, they are all straight A students and will be speaking English at the end of their senior year.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2014 at 02:16 PM

GOT A SPONSOR ALREADY! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 09:23 PM

Found a second sponsor today and also added another girl who is not in his picture ....

These are the kids studying English with me during recess and preparing to break the walls of poverty once they finish college.

I hope you like hearing about them, I intend to write about this project as I go through the year with them.

Come visit La Bocana

ElCap
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 06:28 PM

I have another laptop for you - I can either send to San Diego, or perhaps some Nomad passing thru the Bay Area could pick it up . . .
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 07:48 PM

Thanks! that is truly fantastic. The other one you sent was the cutest computer I have seen in a long time. Thanks again, ElCap!

These are coming to La Bocana for the new group and I think I have someone from the Sacramento area who can bring it ..... he is coming in October.

The great news is that he is a current sponsor and wants to "adopt" another kid this upcoming August so I now have THREE sponsors. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang - Life is looking up.

Come visit La Bocana

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ElCap
I have another laptop for you - I can either send to San Diego, or perhaps some Nomad passing thru the Bay Area could pick it up . . .

if you can get it to me by Friday, I can take it down. We're leaving Saturday for BA. u2u me if it might work.

zac

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2014 at 09:07 PM

Oh Zac! That is grand! Please U2U your address

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2014 at 08:30 AM

so here we go!

computers getting to Bahia Asunion - check

prescription glasses San Diego to La Paz - check

This is a good day. Thanks to all for your help.

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.