Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Facebook posts
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 10:14 AM
Facebook posts

Many of you know I (Lori) often and readily admit to being a real 'duh' when it comes to technology - I am a people person however .. So earlier this year, we set up a Facebook page at the regular urging of others..

I would like to share with you the post I did yesterday - inspired as I was .. and I thank anyone and everyone who visits our page and gives it a like - or as the dog says give it a lick :-)

Dear Friends - Old, New and Yet-to-be-Met

Each passing hour brings encouraging info - There are some recent videos posted that show what CABO FUERTE means .. if I can figure out how to share them, I will.

Cabo San Lucas, San Jose del Cabo, Todos Santos, Pescadero, La Ribera, all of the WONDERFUL PEOPLE that live in these cities and areas are doing what has to be done to clean up and restore the area to its pre-Odile-ordeal beauty.

Many of us/you remember when our streets were not paved .. many remember when the airport was one non-air-conditioned terminal and the only place to shop was Aramburo Market .. and you made do with whatever was available. The explosive growth of the region brought with it many good things, and some, maybe, not so good ..

ALL OF "US" - and I'm taking the liberty to speak for a lot of people that I don't even know - ask for your patience and understanding as "WE" do what is necessary .. and ask that you please remember, our lives and our livelihood depend upon "YOU" coming to visit.

"YOUR" visit to just sit around and ponder the meaning of life, or read the book you've been meaning to, or fish and catch something to eat, or fish and catch - photo and release - the monster fish of your dreams. OUR waters are the grounds where STRIPED MARLIN live year round - OUR waters are the bountiful waters where Yellowfin Tuna, Dorado and Wahoo swim waiting for you to tantalize them so you can feed yourselves, your families, your loved ones.

Try to imagine that the LOS CABOS region is responsible for more tourism dollars than Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Zihuatanejo combined. So the government will do everything necessary to support the repairing and rebuilding that is going on right now.

Some of you may remember when WE were selected as the location for the 2002 APEC Summit, or more recently, the G20 in 2012 .. There was an enormous amount of resources that were utilized to ensure things were ready - hotels, hospitals, cultural center, new roads .. in a nearly unbelievable short amount of time.

Thank you friends - Old, New and Yet-to-be-Met - for your care and concern, and good thoughts.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 10:21 AM

Very well put.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 11:46 AM

Thanks, very nice summary and outlook!

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.