Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Seeking the Guilty Party
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2014 at 04:06 PM
Seeking the Guilty Party

I just heard from my friend, Penny in San Jacinto, who is simply overwhelmed by the kindness that is coming to the Casa Anciaņos, and so grateful that there are such giving people around these parts.

Today, Fernweh (Karl) was there for quite a while delivering a lot of food, etc., from him and more that he picked up from danaeb (Dana). WOW and WOW was what Penny kept saying. Thank you, thank you so very much.

Penny and Murray would give someone the last shirt off their backs, and when they discovered this home, they pretty much adopted all of them, and their love is coming back --- good karma being helped by some wonderful people who happen to belong to this forum.

When they arrived at the home this morning with some stew Penny had cooked for the grandpas as we call them, she discovered that another person had delivered a big stack of Costco food and goods yesterday, and Jose Luis did not know who it was as he was not there --- a couple of men from a local church were there filling in.

So I would live to find the guilty party as everyone wants to thank them. If you want to come forward here, that is great, but if you prefer to do it in private, please U2U me or send an e-mail --trotterjd@hotmail.com

I think there may be a couple more food deliveries this week --- we will get and keep those cupboards filled. Lots of people to feed.

Again, to those who have opened up their hearts, you have made so many people so very happy. There is just no way to say thank you enough!

One can find more information about this wonderful home for some elderly gentlemen at http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=74953
as their needs will be ongoing.

And I shall take the liberty to re- post a picture of the men and their caregivers.

[Edited on 10-26-2014 by DianaT]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2014 at 04:20 PM

Overwhelming kindness by all. Humanity thanks you. :D

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 10-26-2014 at 04:28 PM

Dennis? If you were to go incognito, maybe you and I could get in.....Me on my merits and good character....Thanks all ! When we go by in December we'll be bringing stuff...God bless...

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 10-26-2014 at 06:35 PM

I drove there yesterday and dropped off some #10 cans (the large size that restaurants use) of applesauce and tomato paste. It is only 3/4 of a mile off the #1 main highway. I was on my way south and it just took less than 15 minutes and next to nothing cost to really make a difference. Most of us Nomads have more years behind us than ahead of us and they don't have the same opportunities as us to live the vida loca in our golden years. Give them a smile!

It was a meager amount compared to the Costco delivery by someone but it made ME feel good. There were smiles and love all the way around. For you people that are heading down why don't you think about buying something, anything and dropping it off and you will have the same kind of internal smile as I did.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-26-2014 at 06:45 PM

Pay it forward!

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2014 at 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Dennis? If you were to go incognito, maybe you and I could get in.....Me on my merits and good character....Thanks all ! When we go by in December we'll be bringing stuff...God bless...

A nice Christmas present for all! Thank you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
I drove there yesterday and dropped off some #10 cans (the large size that restaurants use) of applesauce and tomato paste. It is only 3/4 of a mile off the #1 main highway. I was on my way south and it just took less than 15 minutes and next to nothing cost to really make a difference. Most of us Nomads have more years behind us than ahead of us and they don't have the same opportunities as us to live the vida loca in our golden years. Give them a smile!

It was a meager amount compared to the Costco delivery by someone but it made ME feel good. There were smiles and love all the way around. For you people that are heading down why don't you think about buying something, anything and dropping it off and you will have the same kind of internal smile as I did.

Howard, you said it SO well --- so very well. Thank you so very much --- it really brought tears to my eyes. And there is no such thing as a meager donation, no such thing!

To use an oft overused word, it is amazing what can happen in a few short months between people with big hearts and social media. It was just August when Penny posted on her facebook page what a heart warming experience it was for her and Murray to take cook a spaghetti dinner and take it to this home for elderly gentlemen that was full of love, but needed so much in material ways and was receiving no help. I keep telling her that she is definitely their Guardian Angel, and she says she gets so much more back for them.

And yes Woody, pay it forward!

On edit, Dana had an excellent suggestion for donations --- plastic food containers. Maybe some larger ones for dry goods like rice and beans so the donated food is not donated to the little critters, and small ones for the refrigerator to keep what ever is not used the first time one of those great number 10 cans is opened.

[Edited on 10-27-2014 by DianaT]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2014 at 08:40 PM

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

this is so wonderful!

I have lots of food containers. check.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2014 at 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

this is so wonderful!

I have lots of food containers. check.

:biggrin::biggrin: And those containers need a new home! :yes::yes:
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2014 at 03:51 PM

No guilty party yet? No matter what, you are very appreciated.
Maron
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2014 at 04:36 PM

It doesn't take much, to help others and make life a little better. We also thanks all that have given and those that are going to give.

Ron and Mary Ann
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Maron
It doesn't take much, to help others and make life a little better. We also thanks all that have given and those that are going to give.

Ron and Mary Ann

Yes. And thank you two for your support!

Still looking for the secret donor?

Big containers for dry goods, rice and beans are very much needed.

[Edited on 10-29-2014 by DianaT]
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 07:47 PM
BIG wish list

Okay, our friend Penny was talking with another nomad who was visiting the home about some big things that are needed by the home --- for the men and the caretakers. Besides what is needed for the home, Jose Luis and his family are moving out of a trailer into a small house on the property. Jose Luis does not ask for anything for him or his family, but there are things they very much need.

Combined partial wish list.

Washer, dryer, containers for food, used computer, used microwave, queen bed, twin bed, dressers, newer refrigerators, household items etc. The washer and dryer is most important as their dryer quit working and washer is on its way out!

These are much larger requests, but who knows, someone might have one of these bigger items, or want to donate some of that old fashioned cold hard cash designated for a specific item. And those donations of all the food and other consumables are still very much needed and appreciated.

I would never be so relentless in pursuing this had we not personally visited this home ---- it is just special.

[Edited on 10-29-2014 by DianaT]
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2014 at 03:59 PM
Fantastic Week!

Thanks to Dana, Karl, Howard, a secret nomad, the mystery donor and maybe more today, it has been a GREAT week for Casa de Anciaņos in the food department! Just great. All of you are fantastic!

And everyone who has stopped there does not leave without really being impressed by the home and the people. As yesterday's food donor told me, those caretakers are all going to heaven!

With 12 adults and one child, the food will be used faster than one might imagine!

So please, keep them in mind --- it does not need to be a huge donation as every bit is appreciated.

:yes::yes::yes:BTW -- Penny is beginning an inventory list and Jose Luis now has a book for keeping track of items and donors, so when you want to donate something, you might want to contact Penny at [url=]freelandib222@live.com[/url] to see what is most needed at that time.

[Edited on 11-1-2014 by DianaT]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.