Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: arrested today
aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 11-11-2014 at 09:37 PM

You can travel with knives in your car. They need to be locked in your trunk. I carry three fillet knives back and forth from Tj to San Diego all the time. They have been inspected and admired by adunas and policia several times. As long as they are not in immediate reach, they are not a problem.

carrying a folding knife in TJ on you is breaking the law, being a gringo and carrying it is just asking for trouble.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2014 at 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by aguachico
.......carrying a folding knife in TJ on you is breaking the law, being a gringo and carrying it is just asking for trouble.

.....w.o.w.......thats. just. NUTZ! :wow:
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2014 at 10:17 PM

Anyone ele ever been topped on the street and searched for no apparent reason? I never have.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 11-11-2014 at 10:20 PM

THE STORY IS A LARK. I suggest let it go.

Yes, concealed weapons on a person are different than a machete in a back-seat. This yo-yo is TROLLING, and y'all are feeding.

LOOK AT THE SOURCE. It's a bull-puckey article from the start, folks. Feed the little critter and it'll grow.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

BajaRun
Nomad

Mood: Just Cruisin'

[*] posted on 11-11-2014 at 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by joerover
standing at the san ysidro trolley looking northwest, you see the casa de cambio I refer to

they had 13.00 while most others had 12.90 or so

I was slow to connect the dots, but it fits the picture

I actually thought about that today as I was changing dollars for pesos, What if the teller calls someone and tells them a gringo just cambio'd 3,000.00 in dollars for pesos.... gives a description and.... It's something to think about!!!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2014 at 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffy
Anyone ele ever been topped on the street and searched for no apparent reason? I never have.

I enjoy walking around the tourist areas of tijuana, not long ago i strayed north of calle coahula, ford F150 with four of the biggest, meanest, TJ cops jumped out had me on the hood, searched, and was told there was only one reason to be in this neighborhood, either buying or selling. this is one block north of the street segundo's.
I get it, tijuana's a tough town and heavily policed. all these guys need is some old gringo to contend with!
I don't venture north of the hong kong anymore!

:yes:
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2014 at 10:41 PM

I do a lot of trolling, when I fish for trout. Always trying to catch something :-)
Maybe he's trout fishing?
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2014 at 11:23 PM

I dont buy it

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
eguillermo
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2014 at 04:35 PM

So I guess the knife attached to my PFD that I wear while kayaking could get me in trouble? Probably not, considering where I paddle . . . but this is good information. I'll make damn sure no Swiss army action is in my pockets whenever I'm on the road!!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-19-2014 at 05:54 PM

Just strap a machete on your PFD.....problem solved

Quote:
Originally posted by eguillermo
So I guess the knife attached to my PFD that I wear while kayaking could get me in trouble? Probably not, considering where I paddle . . . but this is good information. I'll make damn sure no Swiss army action is in my pockets whenever I'm on the road!!

ChicaSierra

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 07:43 AM

Around Nov. 5, or so, a buddy of mine got his knife taken at the Rancho G. Checkpoint. It was in his console. The inspector found it, and asked. "Cuanto?" My buddy, who doesn't speak much Spanish, says "No, no, no." Inspector says "Malo." He takes the knife.
I am guessing this knife had a blade longer than 2", but I'll ask him next time I see him.
Regardless if the TJ story is true, it has definitely brought some light to the subject. We always carry a knife in the Pelican box that sits in the front seat where a console would be. They have never opened that box. Could be they don't know how to open those latches...or maybe the smiling perro muerte in the back seat:? :?: Anyhow, all knifes will be tucked away from now on....Thanks Joerover!
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 08:33 AM

Dont forget your Leathermans, too. I have a small one on my key chain.

Bottom line. If the P-nche cop wants it, he will take it.

I assume that this "rule" in Mexico is not 2 inches, but 5cm. That's a bit shorter than 2 inches, so be aware.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 11:47 AM

Why bother to take the chance on losing it at the border?

Buying local is always best.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
mrfatboy
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 12:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ChicaSierra  
Around Nov. 5, or so, a buddy of mine got his knife taken at the Rancho G. Checkpoint. It was in his console. The inspector found it, and asked. "Cuanto?" My buddy, who doesn't speak much Spanish, says "No, no, no." Inspector says "Malo." He takes the knife.
I am guessing this knife had a blade longer than 2", but I'll ask him next time I see him.
Regardless if the TJ story is true, it has definitely brought some light to the subject. We always carry a knife in the Pelican box that sits in the front seat where a console would be. They have never opened that box. Could be they don't know how to open those latches...or maybe the smiling perro muerte in the back seat:? :?: Anyhow, all knifes will be tucked away from now on....Thanks Joerover!

The officials at the Rancho Grande checkpoint really seem to have sticky fingers lately.
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 07:55 PM

arrested for changing to much money
dont forget that

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 07:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  

arrested for changing to much monkey
dont forget that

...yah,,everyone knows the rules..... one. monkey. at. a. time.

[Edited on 12-30-2014 by micah202]
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2015 at 02:02 PM

Just had to reply to this thread. I know its old but... Friend was apprehended this week for having a pocket knife. He was walking in TJ the other night looking for a taco stand. (He's not familiar with the area). When he walked by a cop, the cop asked him what he was doing and if he had any weapons or drugs on him. He said, no. The cop then told him to put his hands up on the car and patted him down. Cop found a pocket knife and hand cuffed him saying he'd be sent to jail for 3 months. Then the cop searched his wallet and found $200. Cop says... Well I can let you go for $200. My friend just said, yes, take it... Obviously most people on this board know of this law, but I hadn't heard of it since this thread was posted last year...
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2015 at 03:20 PM

TJ at night? One better have all their ducks in a row, cops prey
on Gringos visiting the Zone, not to mention getting asked for
your wallet by the ratones when walking over the Rio ped bridge area
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2015 at 11:37 PM

Yeah no crap. I told him he was an idiot.

And no, Timador, he did not return the knife! ;)
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.