BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New possible immigration policy going into Mexico!?
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2014 at 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BooJumMan
I could never imagine this actually happening.. $300 fee for staying more than 7 days? Wow!
http://www.10news.com/news/foreigners-us-citizens-charged-to...
It says 308 PESOS if you stay longer than 7 days. I thought they called that an FMT. I think that the ch. 10 news reporter's name who wrote this is Rip Van Winkle.

[Edited on 11-14-2014 by monoloco]

"The future ain't what it used to be"
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2014 at 05:28 PM

Ha I deleted my original post. I was reading the article on the phone and didn't see that it was $300 IN PESOS not dollars... Sorry, long day! :D
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2014 at 05:47 PM

No reason to delete, everyone here steps on their own once in a while. That article is a bit wacky, one needs to pay the fmm fee
if involved in paid work? What? The writer should do a little
research and obviously doesn't go SOB

[Edited on 11-14-2014 by sancho]
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2014 at 06:37 PM

Just thought I'd try to stop any confusion... That is really funny though. It is amazing how many people just move here to San Diego and have no clue what it's like SOB. They think its just TJ and Cabo. Oh well. More open places for us I guess... :)
mexicali-kid
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2014 at 07:11 AM

Americans in Baja need papers but the illegals in the US want amnesty.

I think they butter their bread on both sides.:?:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-14-2014 at 07:47 AM

The $ symbol is used for pesos as well as dollars...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 11-14-2014 at 08:32 AM

Actually, the $ symbol is pesos in Mexico. The dollar is represented by 2 ll's through the S, as in 'doLLares'..... I learned that the hard way years back when attempting to sell something. I wanted X amount in dollars, only put one bar through the S ($) and somebody thought they were getting a REAL good deal.
:lol:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-14-2014 at 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabuddha
Actually, the $ symbol is pesos in Mexico. The dollar is represented by 2 ll's through the S, as in 'doLLares'..... I learned that the hard way years back when attempting to sell something. I wanted X amount in dollars, only put one bar through the S ($) and somebody thought they were getting a REAL good deal.
:lol:

I agree with you, but our keyboard only offers this one: $

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

question.gif posted on 11-14-2014 at 09:08 AM

This is on the newspapers today in TJ:

http://www.frontera.info/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/14112...

http://www.el-mexicano.com.mx/informacion/noticias/1/3/estat...

http://www.el-mexicano.com.mx/informacion/noticias/1/3/estat...

The City Mayor, the Chamber of Commerce as well as the Tourism and Conventions Committee of Tijuana are all against the $306.00 pesos fee for tourists planning to stay in Mexico over 7 days (its only $6.00 dlls. for Mexicans entering US for that same time period) Even if you only plan to cross into Mexico to dine you will need to fill out a form stating the purpose and length of your visit to Mexico. TJ representatives say this measure will be a deterrent to tourism and flow of dollars into the local, state and peninsula economy which is strongly needed. This fee originally was to be payed by tourists entering the country by plane or cruise ship and now it may be applied to pedestrian traffic as well. At the moment its only a "pilot" program only applied at Otay Mesa crossing but eventually it will be all along the US-Mex border. It backfired on them a couple a years ago when applied to cruise ships visiting Ensenada for the day, the tourism industry started to collapse so the city representatives got on it and made the government eliminate the taxation for cruise ships visiting for the day.... It happens every where: another scheme to tax who ever, where ever, what ever the government can...:rolleyes:

[Edited on 11-14-2014 by carlosg]

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-14-2014 at 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by carlosg
It happens every where: another scheme to tax who ever, where ever, what ever the government can...:rolleyes:

most government agencies have become fee for service. it's not a tax, it's a fee.
i suppose it costs a good amount to run an immigration agency, and fees seem appropriate.
did you know the USA charges a minimum of $160 US dollars to simply apply for a visa to enter USA? and if you get rejected for visa, they keep the $$.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2014 at 10:40 AM

It seems like the only change to the current policy is to make sure that people actually do what they have been required to do for quite some time.

sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2014 at 11:00 AM

Mex Imm policy is very accommodating to tourists,they could make it a lot more difficult, $$$. With that, there are BN's who flaunt
the fmm requirements, bring all their camping gear, food ,gas
down, camp on a free beach, and somehow believe they
have that given right and are contributing to the Mex
economy
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2014 at 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
Mex Imm policy is very accommodating to tourists,they could make it a lot more difficult, $$$. With that, there are BN's who flaunt
the fmm requirements, bring all their camping gear, food ,gas
down, camp on a free beach, and somehow believe they
have that given right and are contributing to the Mex
economy
Now they're probably bringing jerry cans of cheap NOB gas with them too.:lol:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.