Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: 2014 B1K Speed Penalties
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2014 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
I am curious to know what one has to do to get a 10 hour 13 minute and 30 second penalty?

Class 10 1045

Being stupid is my first thought. Most likely speeding on the hwy and thru towns where the speed limit is 30mph like Trinidad. Some people when in race mode don't think about what they should be doing other than get to the front.

We had a motorcycle team member a few years ago that was doing 80+mph on every hwy section trying to get to the front. He said later he didn't think he would be caught if he slowed before turning onto the dirt. He didn't understand the tracking system.
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2014 at 11:19 AM

Speaking of driving ... after 12 days down there, I logged 3350 miles.

LAX --> Loreto (via Hwy 5) --> La Paz --> Insurgentes --> Punta Conejo --> La Paz --> Insurgentes --> Santa Rita (km 157) --> La Paz --> Secure/undisclosed --> La Paz --> Punta Conejo (actually 15 miles north on the coast, RM1190) --> Loreto --> LAX (via Hwy 5)

I handed out around 200 steekers to our amigos.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2014 at 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
I am curious to know what one has to do to get a 10 hour 13 minute and 30 second penalty?

Class 10 1045

Being stupid is my first thought. Most likely speeding on the hwy and thru towns where the speed limit is 30mph like Trinidad. Some people when in race mode don't think about what they should be doing other than get to the front.

We had a motorcycle team member a few years ago that was doing 80+mph on every hwy section trying to get to the front. He said later he didn't think he would be caught if he slowed before turning onto the dirt. He didn't understand the tracking system.

if you look at the teams with very few (or zero) speed penalties all those cars have speed limiters, you just adjust for the speed zone (usually 30 or 60 mph). some use GPS some use a governor at the transmission, Motec is a popular one. with over 18 course revisions relying on pre running ain't gonna do it. this is the new SCORE folks. it is what it is! ;)
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2014 at 03:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes want to win then get a speed limiter or a darn good co-driver to read a big GPS.
The only racer I know of that has the NASCAR style speed limiter is Robby. I am sure there are others? As you say it is doable, but not with less than a 1 day GPS change. And for sure the guys with low tech motors sure do not use Motec. I wonder if the speed zones changed from V17 to V18. I am to lazy to look. For sure V18 was very late in arriving. Then there was the situation where the pre-run guys were using V7 and by race time the course had been changed. All issues with new people with little experience. In the old days course changes stopped a week before the race because the marking guys figured it all out as they went. No dithering or executive decisions made at the last minute.
And the winner of penalty point record guy probably does not have a GPS?.
I have been stopped by bike guys out on the course the day after I marked a section and they said they could not find the track. The signs possibly were removed by some bad guys? Or more likely they were no where near the track and since they did not have a GPS they could not find it.
= = =PW

Class 10 1045

if you look at the teams with very few (or zero) speed penalties all those cars have speed limiters, you just adjust for the speed zone (usually 30 or 60 mph). some use GPS some use a governor at the transmission, Motec is a popular one. with over 18 course revisions relying on pre running ain't gonna do it. this is the new SCORE folks. it is what it is! ;)
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.