Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Cd Constitution... Same Old Bullchit
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 08:27 AM

Kip, as was pointed out to you on Facebook, there are many parking infractions on the books...one of which, like parking within so many feet of the intersection, you probably violated. Then your challenge to their authority (they are authorized to take licensees and plates or cars) probably just infuriated them.

for a list of parking infractions and the prohibition on u-turns along with what they can do to enforce these laws pls go to Talk Baja (its not my post/information take and copy over here)
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 08:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
Dont fret the Mexico apologists, Kip. They actually dont spend much time down here, like the rest of us. They dont know the reality of Mexico.

Poor Joe is apparently being held captive in his hated Occupied Aztlan and cant even make it to his Nirvana, TJ.

And Goat wonders why the CC cops never shake him down, while he rides by on his bike. :lol:
This site attracts trolls because they are tolerated, most forums wouldn't put up with them.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
unbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 08:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
I have never been stopped by a cop for anything in Baja. I am interested, what common appearance do you victims share?
Gotta agree with Goat. I have driven through CC and Tecate over 20 times in the past 10 years with no problem whatsoever. Seldom ever seen a cop let alone been stopped. Maybe it's just been blind luck but also I think I must not fit the "profile". Hopefully, my good luck will continue!

"I'm too young to be this old!"
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 09:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
Dont fret the Mexico apologists, Kip. They actually dont spend much time down here, like the rest of us. They dont know the reality of Mexico.

Poor Joe is apparently being held captive in his hated Occupied Aztlan and cant even make it to his Nirvana, TJ.

And Goat wonders why the CC cops never shake him down, while he rides by on his bike. :lol:
This site attracts trolls because they are tolerated, most forums wouldn't put up with them.

LIKE!!

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 09:06 AM

Can't count the number of times I've driven through CC. I usually drive through pretty conservative down the middle lane and stop at all the intersections. Was pulled over once for speeding, I was speeding (by quite a bit), negotiated my best fine and continued on.

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 11:46 AM

Well actually I enjoy hanging out in Tijuana like my avatar says, and over the years I have seen a lot of shake down attempts of gringos, and even myself have been a victim of it. Usually $20 dollars, is all you need to get you off, unless of course you want to stand up to corrupt and go for a ride, until they wear you down. Although over the years it has got a lot better in Tijuana.

I try to stay away from backwater boring towns in Mexico, although I been through many in my visits all over Mexico through the years.

The thing is most shake downs attempts by corrupt Mexican cops don't result in visits to the judge or police station, although there has been a few cases documented in the Mexican press, where both the judge and police were in on the scam. ( I also read the local Mexican articles everyday) The mass majority of shake down attempts are resolved in the streets, one way or another. Another thing I notice on forums, is a lot of forum members claims to stand up to corrupt cops, but in reality that's probably not the case, and many times they're offering bribes before the cops even ask. ( tough guys on forums are a dime a dozen)

So what we have here is a disputed case, and we're only hearing one side of the story from Kiterkip. We haven't heard from the Mexican cop tried tried to give Kiterkip the " "teekeets" he said disrespectfully. In fact Kitrkips's behavior towards the Mexico cop was so disrespectful, and I got that from his own words.

I don't know why many Americans act so disrespectful towards towards Mexican cops, but would never do that to an American cop. If you tried to do what Kierkip did to an American cop, if he was trying to write you a ticket, and you took out your smart phone and started snapping photos in his face, and all over. Chances are that cop would pull you out of your car, and throw you hard against the hood of your car, and if you were black, that American cop might shoot you!

I don't like either Mexican cops or American cops, but I never act disrespectful towards a cop in any country, although I will politely assert my rights.

So who knows if this story is true or not. I believe something happened, but unless I hear the others side of the story, I'm just not going to automatically believe some relative unknown person on the internet.

It also bothers me that this story is re-posted on other anti-Baja forums, and Facebook pages that are known to carry anti-Mexico stories, and pretty much have an anti-Mexican agenda.

Look at Kitrkips's first part of his story: "Well, If anyone within the sound of my voice has not heard this yet...AVOID CIUDAD CONSTITUTION at all costs."

Really, we're suppose to all fall in line, and avoid Ciudad Constitution just because he may or may not have had an negative experience in Ciudid Constitution.

There is another thing I have noticed on Mexican forums, and I admit I'm a liberal and I pretty much like to see the positive in Mexico, and don't try to compare countries like the USA to Mexico, and try to determine which country is better. There are good and parts to all countries.

Then you have ultra conservatives, and Hook is a good example. They watch "Fox News" maybe listen to Rush, and they like to compare countries like the US to Mexico, where they have already decided that the USA is superior to Mexico, and Americans are superior to Mexicans. They go to McDonald's in Mexico, and complain the service isn't as fast as in the USA'a McDonald;s, and they look for all the negative news about Mexico, to confirm they negative beliefs about Mexico.

So ultraconservative like Hook, will usually always believe stories such as the story from Kiterkip, because they so much want to believe the worse about Mexico and their corrupt cops, while at the same time holding up America's cops as great public servants capable of no wrongs.

[Edited on 1-2-2015 by JoeJustJoe]
chavycha
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 12:54 PM

Joe,

I think I may have misunderstood what you'd said in previous posts; that last one was well thought out and pretty accurate. Profiling and uneven application of the law happens everywhere - try driving while Hispanic or African-American in a small town in eastern Kansas! And God forbid you do it with a license plate light out or a cracked tail light. You're also correct in that getting uppity with an officer almost never ends well, no matter where you are.

However, going back to the original post, it sounds like the cops indicated that it was a-okay for Kip and his party to park where they did. Then they subsequently stung him for 'illegal parking'. I don't know what Mexican law has to say about that, but legality aside, it strikes me as pretty lame (to put it nicely). I'd be peeed off, and I bet you would too.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 01:15 PM

The fact that Kip was not shaken down for a bribe, coupled by my observation in November (four out of four cars pulled over had Mexican plates). It looks to me like a local version of an American speed trap!
If that is how they bring in revenue, I appreciate a warning like this. It may not be fair, but it doesn't really ring of corruption like the two times I was pulled over for BS in La Paz and asked to pay right now, and no ticket.
I am not saying that doesn't happen in Constitution as well, but I have no knowledge of it.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 01:16 PM

I suspect the cops did say "no parking" when gringos parked. They prob did not understand; lost in translation.
aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 01:54 PM

Thanks for the heads up about CC. Don't travel there much but plan to in the future. Don't plan on stopping, but wouldn't get too twisted. Not sure what is worse paying a trumped up fine to some idiot mexican cop or wasting an hour of my vacation.

230pesos is about $17 bucks. One speed trap in california will set you back $500 USD. I'd just wrap that mordida as being the cost of travel.

Here in Mariano, I fight the tickets as I am not in a hurry to go fishing. The last pin che pen dejo policia rata con dos patas encounter was about 3months ago over window tint. Window tint is illegal. I offered him my best spanglish. He countered with equally bad english and let me off with a warning.

BTW: the best bluff you can call is when they mention towing your vehicle. Just say "ok, i will call a taxi", they fold quite quickly. Also be firm, not disrespectful.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 06:00 PM

For many years, we often stopped at The Taste Restaurant in CC. After reading about all the woes of folks in that town, we decided to just drive through slowly, always in the center lanes, and stopping at every intersection if there wasn't a green signal.

Just seems to me that if all this hoopla about the cops there is true, it's the local merchants and business people who are being harmed by the local cops.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 06:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
Good ol' judgement.......no shortage of it here!
Christ almighty, CC has been infamous for how long?..... I love all the guys on their high horses, christ almighty, they are funnier than chiite!
Glad to see some things and some of the characters never change.....jajajaja.

Double-Ditto.

Cd. C, the armpit of Baja.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 06:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
Good ol' judgement.......no shortage of it here!
Christ almighty, CC has been infamous for how long?..... I love all the guys on their high horses, christ almighty, they are funnier than chiite!
Glad to see some things and some of the characters never change.....jajajaja.

Double-Ditto.

Cd. C, the armpit of Baja.
Yep! So predictable.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 07:10 PM

I kinda like Constitucion :biggrin:...

As I managed my driving and parking there over several days without more than previously mentioned finger- wagging quad-cop, I looked at it as a sporting event similar to a bullfight: I managed to dodge the horns.

I noticed more traffic cops out in the evening on the side streets than the main thoroughfare....maybe about 10 at any time after dark.

As Shari pointed out, the curb colors matter....and many sidewalks in Mexico are sand, Kip.

Don't avoid the town....just be careful and pay attention.

Don't believe everything you think....
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-2-2015 at 08:40 PM

Quote:

As Shari pointed out, the curb colors matter....and many sidewalks in Mexico are sand, Kip.

The only color that matters to the muni police in many Mexican towns is green.

As in GREENgo. As in GREENbacks.

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.