Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Lunch with the Soccer Team
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2015 at 10:05 PM
Lunch with the Soccer Team

today was the last day of school for a week and as I was leaving I asked the team members who were chatting if they wanted to get together for lunch today. A BIG yes and we agreed to meet at the B&B at 3:00.

Off I went to the store and did some shopping - came home to tell Les I was off again - and went to the kitchen to start cooking:

At three they started coming and right away they started eating....and eating ..... and eating some more. I warned them that if they got stomach aches after three huge platefuls that they could NOT blame it on my spaghetti!

It was a wonderful afternoon, the mom MARTINA and the dad MARTIN, who own the restaurant that is rarely open nowadays (she has a bad back) which is located right near the la bocana gas station, came too. Tomorrow night the soccer donation arrives and I shared that info with them. Julian, who is here for a couple days from uni in La Paz, also sat and talked with us.....waaaaay back in the day, he was part of this soccer team! He says he has fond memories of afternoons at the family's house:

and on a sadder but happier note: I donated some ZIEGLAR SOFTBALLS to the highschool softball team that just got created. Way to go Curt! Always always helping me out any way he could! I have some baseballs but those I want to send south to Los Barriles. Baseball has tons of support here in Bocana. Los Barriles has a group of 49 kids who want to play ball!

That's all for today - tomorrow at 7:30 am, we are all going to clean up la bocana. They said they did not want to go in the hot sun

What am I doing getting up at 7 am on my first day of vacation????? LOL Aterwards there will be pancakes and Sunday perhaps we shall be going to Punta Abreojos for a first time ever match against their team .....and the beat goes on.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.