Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Donations and winning!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 07:09 PM
Donations and winning!

BajaAndy pulled into town late yesterday afternoon and I went out to where he is staying with friends today to pick up a very heavy suitcase my mom sent with stuff for kids and to get the secret soccer box that Stan sent:

Then I came home and put the box on the porch. Originally, the boys had not gotten confirmation of a game today in Abreojos, so I went to church. Before mass started they sussed me out there (can you believe it????) and asked if I could give them a little money towards gas to go to Abreojos as there was a game after all). I gave cash and said that if they came back before 1:30, I would be happy to make lunch for them.

Here is the box just waiting for them to come and open:

Here is me after having undone the very heavy suitcase full of goodies for the teens -shampoo and soap and paper goods and jackets

at 1:35 the kids race up to the house and we leave for the B&B:

and there is Andy in the back with all the kids - he happened to be going by right after we had enjoyed seeing all the goodies that he so graciously brought down:

the soccer equipment is just AMAZING. There are no words to express my joy and their smiles:

this is Ezekiel, the captain of the team who has been leading it from day 1:

They were starving and I went to the kitchen to make the chili con carne lunch:

They sat, ate and I just stayed in the background appreciating the camaraderie they share. A couple of these kids come from families who work the fishing cooperative. Some of these kids live in shacks. And they all become equal while under the shade of our palapa!

It was a grand day and there is still another suitcase on the way with stuff my mom has bought for us. Thanks all around for all the effort to get the stuff (it came to san diego all the way from Phoenix) and then bajaAndy finagled a friend to stop by mom's house in Point Loma and then cart the box to Del Mar. From Del Mar it came straight to La Bocana.

Thanks all around,Stan and Andy- today there are some heroes in my book!

edit to say: if you are enjoying reading about this slice of life here in small town Baja, be sure to leave a word......otherwise it feels like I am talking to the walls :)))

edited spelling and names as well.

[Edited on 3-30-2015 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 07:16 PM

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

I forgot to mention that they won 11-1 today!

Next Sunday we rest but April 12 I think Abreojos will be coming to La Bocana for a game and then it will be lunch for 30 bambinos .....

:o

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 08:22 PM

Just another day in the lives of Blanca and Les, and their network of do-gooders. Keep up the great work!

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 12:58 PM

gracias senor - thanks !

Come visit La Bocana

CaboSur
Nomad

Mood: Irrelevant

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 01:33 PM

Good looking CHILI con CARNE.

Such a fortunate group of boys having someone like you !
irenemm
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 01:48 PM

is it polite to call someone's home a shack? It is a home. Maybe not up to your standards but a home. :(

stop and visit us

http://www.posadadondiego.com
see us on facebook
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 05:36 PM

Right on, Andy!

p.s. NICE SHIRT!!!

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 08:08 AM

and those are indeed loving families in those homes for the most part irenemm - what I meant to show was the huge disparity between the types of houses.......just because I call it a shack does NOT in any way mean it is not a home - but dirt floors and no electricity or water can't really be called a proper house?

sorry if I offended-not my intent!

edit to say that the kid at the head of the table (we only see the back of his head) is named Pedro. He is one of the most intelligent kids in high school - he is absolutely brilliant in every single subject. And just as brilliant on the field. I intend to talk to the kids about the importance of having good grades and he sure will make my job easier.

[Edited on 3-31-2015 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 09:50 AM

Excellent, thanks for sharing.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 07:35 PM

you are welcome and his shirt is indeed classic Woody!

Come visit La Bocana

Nappo
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2015 at 09:15 PM

Stan, my buddy is kind of shy, donated all the soccer stuff. He played soccer at UCSB, and coached youth soccer for years. Just a Kudos to him, as he wouldn't post taking credit. He's been fishing the Baja for a long, long time and loves to give back to the areas we've all had wonderful times in.
Go Blanca and Les! Polish eggs forever!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2015 at 10:54 AM

I wondered if Stan had a bajanomad name so I could give him credit! I know he saw the post and loved it!

gracias Nappo - so thoughtful of you.

So Stan, you PLAYED for UCSB? Uummmmm when are you coming down to give these kiddo's some pointers??????

The suitcase with other soccer equipment is in San Ignacio .... gonna get it soon.

Come visit La Bocana

churro
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 12:35 PM

Great work Blanca and crew!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 07:14 PM

got the suitcase my mom put together and which WHALE-ISTA brought down!

THANKS THANKS THANKS WHALE-ISTA

I spent the afternoon unloading it - chock full of stuff for the college teens (jackets, notebooks, pens and pencils and loose leaf binders)

plus

15 shin protectors - the kids will be doing litter cleanups to deserve those! Thanks everyone for your support. What a fun project.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 07:53 PM

Strong work Blanca and friends !
P.S. We picked up your care package for our " new " old trailer from Shari's last week, thank you so much :biggrin:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.