Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: El Pabellon RV park
tortuga
Nomad

Mood: Muy Despacio

[*] posted on 4-1-2015 at 10:10 AM
El Pabellon RV park

We have stayed here a number of times on our way south . Never had problems with theft here or anywhere in Baja . The Management does suggest locking your vehicle. Can be windy here but there are lots of windbreaks to shelter behind . Very nice bathrooms and hot showers . Water is a bit brackish though .
Hotel Mision Santa Maria (turn at Los Pinos , follow signs 5 km. ) is a great place to stay also in this area. Same beach El Pabellon is on .
Tortuga

El Pabellon video https://youtu.be/0OI8CEP_xI4

[Edited on 4-1-2015 by tortuga]

[Edited on 4-3-2015 by tortuga]

Nothing happens by chance

http://www.bajatortuga.com
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-1-2015 at 01:00 PM

Camped there 10 years ago.....some petty theft from friend's motorcycle (mirrors) overnight....

That's where I watched bored surfers catching scorpions and embalming them in fiberglass pucks in bottom of Tecate cans....:spingrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2015 at 04:58 PM

When you are camping in the San Quintin area, there is a good campground adjacent to Jardines. Not to mention that Jardines is a great hotel, and there is a family run restaurant next door that is excellent.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2015 at 05:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tortuga  
We have stayed here a number of times on our way south . Never had problems with theft here or anywhere in Baja . The Management does suggest locking your vehicle. Can be windy here but there are lots of windbreaks to shelter behind . Very nice bathrooms and hot showers . Water is a bit brackish though .
Hotel Mision Santa Maria (turn at Los Pinos , follow signs 5 km. ) is a great place to stay also in this area. Same beach El Pabellon is on .
Tortuga

El Pabellon video https://youtu.be/KHUFyAoqjhE

[Edited on 4-1-2015 by tortuga]

always enjoyed our stays, beautiful beach but we always found it devoid of fish! though not uncommon for us!:rolleyes:
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 4-1-2015 at 05:30 PM

I'm not sure the origin of this thread, if someone's asking or promoting...

Pabellon, both halves, have been my go-to San Quintin spot for 20 years now. Camped dozens of times, and never a problem other than being 'searched' by the army there once (I was concerned/surprised but watched closely). Never anything taken from my rig. HOWEVER - I have heard thefts have been on the rise in recent years, and rising exponentially, and I seem to recollect Baja Gringo mentioning not only more thefts, but possibly an armed robbery there this - or last- year? Can't remember. Just be safe, don't camp way far away from anyone, and if you love it, lock it. Put things away. I like the 'panic button' on my key ring that unlocks doors and sets off the horn/light alarms, so if someone undesirable is harassing, can alert neighbors (whether they like it or not).

Gorgeous beach, pismos wash in (OH! But mustn't touch 'em, IT'S ILLEGAL TO EAT ONE if you don't have a commercial catch license!!)

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

tortuga
Nomad

Mood: Muy Despacio

[*] posted on 4-2-2015 at 08:05 PM

Simply saying we like this place . Have not camped at one farther south although walked there once. Did not seem to have as much wind protection .

Nothing happens by chance

http://www.bajatortuga.com
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 4-2-2015 at 08:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tortuga  
Simply saying we like this place . Have not camped at one farther south although walked there once. Did not seem to have as much wind protection .

The south end is Fidel's camp; family feud for years... he's a hoot, great guy, promises the world, will get you crabs/fish/whatever if you're staying. He lives on-premise and watches the road, BUT - that doesn't cover beach traffic (lots of sand-vehicles all night long) and yes, you don't have the large hedge-rows for wind breaks. I consider the whole area equally vulnerable for coyotes pilfering.

North camp has electric hook-ups, more expensive, with the windbreaks.

86 - 45*

degoma
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 09:43 AM

We tried to camp at the north end around January 7th but there was a chain across the road at the office. It was just after dark. We have camped there for over 15 years and never seen this.

Any idea what is or was going on?

We love the spot!

Thanks
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 11:36 AM

Papellon on the beach. Heading south and needing a RV park in that area before nightfall, we tried it many years ago in a 32' fifth wheel. Found a great spot right on the beach with a killer view. Had water and electric hookups...and the rate was reasonable. Enjoyed it for 2 days until some rowdy quad-riders showed and ruined everybody's stay with noise, bad manners and reckless riding right next to the camper rigs. Mgt said they were all from TJ, but did nothing to help matters. Too bad...I dislike giving a bad report, but the noise and punk-quads will keep us from going back. I hope that behavior has changed for any planning to camp there today.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 02:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by degoma  
We tried to camp at the north end around January 7th but there was a chain across the road at the office. It was just after dark. We have camped there for over 15 years and never seen this.

We love the spot!

Thanks

Nothing is going on. Fidel puts up the chain near the office and also at the beach entrance after dark for security reasons to help keep the undesirables out. He's been doing that for a few years.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 03:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob53  

We love the spot!

Thanks

Nothing is going on. Fidel puts up the chain near the office and also at the beach entrance after dark for security reasons to help keep the undesirables out. He's been doing that for a few years.

Fidel is south-end. The north-end owners go home at dark, so if you were just after dark you just missed them. That's the problem with north-end. No security whatsoever except during daylight. Maddafact, that's the trouble with a lot of beach camps. Whaddayagonnado? If you love it, lock it, and that means right down to your lawn chairs. Safety in numbers (I HATE to admit it!).

86 - 45*

Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 03:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Quote: Originally posted by Bob53  

We love the spot!

Thanks

Fidel is south-end. The north-end owners go home at dark, so if you were just after dark you just missed them. That's the problem with north-end. No security whatsoever except during daylight. Maddafact, that's the trouble with a lot of beach camps. Whaddayagonnado? If you love it, lock it, and that means right down to your lawn chairs. Safety in numbers (I HATE to admit it!).

I totally missed the "north" in that post. I thought he was asking about Fidel's.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.