Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Phone scam
BajaBean
Junior Nomad

Mood: Garboso

[*] posted on 4-22-2015 at 04:11 PM
Phone scam

Just got off the phone with a phone scammer. Guy with an Indian accent telling me that he works at Microsoft and my computer was sending messages that my computer was infected with a virus. This is that well known ammyy scam so I decided to have a little fun. I kept the bonehead on the phone for almost an hour acting stupid, hard of hearing and forgetting what he said. My wife was laughing the whole time. He finally got frustrated and hung up.
Great fun.:lol:

The opposite of love is not hate. It is indifference.
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2015 at 05:16 PM

We got that guy a couple months ago - same thing. The funny part is, my wife and I both live and work in a 100% Apple ecosystem.

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2015 at 05:46 PM

Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. The guy wanted to know if I was the person on the computer 'right now' saying he was with Microsoft. He sounded like he was right out of the middle east. I told him he had called the San Diego office of the FBI. Never heard someone hang up so fast!
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2015 at 08:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. The guy wanted to know if I was the person on the computer 'right now' saying he was with Microsoft. He sounded like he was right out of the middle east. I told him he had called the San Diego office of the FBI. Never heard someone hang up so fast!

I wish that we had "like":tumble: buttons!

Munismom

[*] posted on 4-23-2015 at 11:06 AM

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but once they start they do now stop calling:fire: This has been going on for us now for some 2 to 3 yrs. Let me know if you find someway to stop them as nothing has worked for us..

Kermit & Carolyn McMillin
Reno, Nv.
BajaBean
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2015 at 03:24 PM

According to what I have read there is really no way to stop them or any other phone scam.
The Nigerian 409 scam has been going on for many years.
That is the one where someone claiming to be deposed African royalty calls and wants to give you millions but needs some money for bribes to get it out of the country. People actually fall for that.
Do what I do. Scam them.:P

Sorry I meant 419 scam.
Here a link for an FBI site with info on phone scams.

http://www.fbi.gov/scams-safety/fraud

[Edited on 4-23-2015 by BajaBean]

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2015 at 04:48 PM

These same folks have pop-ups that claim that your computer is infected and list a number to call. Bottom line, is I checked out several web sites that have those pop-ups and according to the web sites that track malware and viruses, they are harmless, just annoying.
BajaBean
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2015 at 06:00 PM

Yuk Yuk Just got another one. Same story. I must have got on a list of some sort. I could only keep this turd on the line for a half hour before he gave up and said he would call later.
:barf:

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-23-2015 at 09:02 PM

Two months ago same thing.Kid in the house picked up my land line in Baja.So I ran in the house,guy said this is David.( I know too many people)He said we will pass,your house in one hour.What do you want us to bring you from Cosco,we are in Ensanada.I said we dont need anything,just stop buy and say Hi.I still had no clue who it is.30min goes by,Kid calls me to phone again,Big time work in garage.I yelled at kid,Ask what he wants Im busy.He wants to talk to you.Same Guy again,he says Wow we just got into fender bender.Can you send 500 bucks to the OX store in Ensanada.Here is the police chief,he yaks away.I asked his name he said David,you know from Rancho Coyote.I do know a David from the rancho. I said you dont sound like him,He said Im him,you know I ride the dirt bike(This guy knew too much) So I said what kind of dirt bike he said Honda(Mike rides a Yamaha)He hung up.I started thinking no one in 7years has called me on my Mexican land line.I dont even know the number,problem solved,it is now unplug.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.