Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Need a Clothing Donation Delivered for the Granpas
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2015 at 01:51 PM
Need a Clothing Donation Delivered for the Granpas

NEED DONATION DELIVERY FROM ENSENADA TO CAMALU AREA - Ensenada to Camalu Time Frame in June to follow

We were contacted by a woman whose father recently passed away and she wishes to donate clothing, shoes, etc., to Penny's grandpas. She will be in Ensenada from May 17th to about May 26th to sort through everything. TIME HAS CHANGED TO JUNE

Is there someone who will be passing through during that time who would be willing to pick up the donation and deliver it. Please let us know and THANKS

And just a couple of recent pictures taken by Juan Alberto Suarez Espinoza, the caretaker.

Meal time is a happy time and recently a local restaurant owner donated 25 pounds of blueberries!

And a recent cash donation was designated for pumping out the septic and it was WELL needed.

And there were a number of people who jumped in to help recently when Penny lost Murray as they knew that she was still very concerned about her grandpas --- all was so appreciated.

And even while being pretty overwhelmed by all the problems with the recent protests and strikes, the Delegado of Camalu, J. Manuel Castaņeda y la seņora Maria Armenta took the time to make a nice donation. (Thanks Ron ) It is good to see help coming from many different sources.

I do hope someone will be able to deliver this donation.

Thank you
Diana

[Edited on 5-2-2015 by DianaT]

[Edited on 5-18-2015 by DianaT]

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2015 at 08:09 PM

may I suggest that fishermen take the opportunity to come south for tuna and YT

they are in la bocana and I am guessing Bahia asuncion too

kill two birds with one stone! bring the donation and catch some pescado!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2015 at 09:13 AM

Just a bump ---

BTW-- Penny in visiting her family right now, but is looking forward to being back home in about 10 days.

Meantime, hopefully there will be more donations for the grandpas and that this donation gets a ride.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2015 at 03:03 PM

Diana -when the donator has a better idea of how many boxes, pls let me know

we will be in Europe but I think I can coordinate a ride if she can drop it off downtown Ensenada.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2015 at 08:17 AM

Thanks Blanca. I will check with her --- she may not know until she is actually there to sort through.

Anyone else--- always like more than a couple of options and sometimes things don't work out. :-)

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2015 at 08:40 AM

Still looking for more back up ---may need more than one ride!

Sandra, the donor, is not sure and won't be until she and her siblings are there, but she thinks it could be up to maybe 10 large garden trash bags full--- unless she can find boxes in Ensenada. It may include more than clothes; there may also be blankets etc.

It is all really important items and the grandpas love new clothes!

Later I will post a picture of some of them sporting some new clothes David and Chelo donated.

Thanks Window of time is about May 17 to May 26.

[Edited on 5-5-2015 by DianaT]

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2015 at 01:37 PM

The time frame for this donation has changed to sometime in June due to memorial services and the needs of the family.

I will be back with the time frame when I know it. Thanks to those who responded as it is very appreciated.

And for anyone headed down, please think about these gentlemen. They always need canned and fresh food, cleaning supplies, Depends, medical supplies, paper supplies and other consumable items.

It is just 5 minutes off the main highway, and there is no such thing as a donation too small.

Thank you

liknbaja127
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2015 at 08:40 PM

We will be going that way in July. Will have a few trucks with us.
u2u me if we can help. the week of the 16th.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2015 at 09:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by liknbaja127  
We will be going that way in July. Will have a few trucks with us.
u2u me if we can help. the week of the 16th.

I will let you know if a delivery is needed at that time! THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.