Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Excede Internet ~ Reports ~ Good, Bad, And Hopefull
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2015 at 07:10 AM
Excede Internet ~ Reports ~ Good, Bad, And Hopefull

I'm 4 days into my 2nd month of service and already I've used 1.6GB of 10GB monthly allotment. I'm finding I really want to watch the news and some favorite hobby and instructional YouTube videos.
When there is not pausing in the videos it's just too easy to go over the daily budget you try to set. And surfing the internet is really opened up to go anywhere you can think of.... So that's what the real world is doing???:?:
Fast is good! and I see an upgrade in the near future.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2015 at 07:23 AM

Yea, all the time we fussed about slow internet we wished we had the speed, then we get the speed, now we need to do something about the amount. I did hear that ViaSat has launched the new satellite and when it is commissioned, they tell me that we will have a 100GB plan available. I wanted to pre-sign, but that has not happened yet. I am assuming that the meter is registering the correct amount.

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2015 at 08:24 AM

Yeah, I think the meter is good. I just like the airgun videos.
Here what I want now KalibrGun - Cricket http://www.topairgun.com/22-kalibrgun-cricket-standard-synth...
Definitely not for Mexico but I can dream.

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 5-3-2015 at 11:03 AM

Thanks for the link ... pretty cool :):)
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 5-3-2015 at 11:56 AM

#1 ...if you play, you pay

#2 here is your solution

limit YOUR usage per day...
it's a "forced budget" machine...your "budget" would be 0.4gig per day
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/shop/products/gargoyle-dual-b...

eric who writes the software for this knows what he's doing...
once you exceed you data for the day...the wireless shuts off
you can set the reboot time to reset every 24 hours

you can always hard-wire to the router to use the internet but you have to remember your budget for the future

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2015 at 12:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  
Here what I want now KalibrGun - Cricket http://www.topairgun.com/22-kalibrgun-cricket-standard-synth...

Just curious why not for Mexico?

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 5-3-2015 at 12:31 PM

bigger than .177

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2015 at 12:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Pescador  
Yea, all the time we fussed about slow internet we wished we had the speed, then we get the speed, now we need to do something about the amount. I did hear that ViaSat has launched the new satellite and when it is commissioned, they tell me that we will have a 100GB plan available. I wanted to pre-sign, but that has not happened yet. I am assuming that the meter is registering the correct amount.

Viasat2 doesn't launch until late summer of 2016, but is 3 times the capacity of Viasat1. Also its footprint will cover all of north America, Mexico including Baja, central America and into the Caribbean.
Here's the link https://www.viasat.com/news/spacex-launch-viasat-2-satellite

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2015 at 01:49 PM

Just the caliber, 25 is what I'd want, would make it illegal. Also it would be a hunting gun and without the proper papers I wouldn't want to be out and have the wrong people stop me. Kind of an expensive toy to have taken away. I have a Marauder 177 now and it's a tack driver at 50 yards. Just a fun target gun if that's all you need. Sometimes they taste like dove.

Quote: Originally posted by larryC  
Quote: Originally posted by Russ  

Just curious why not for Mexico?

larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2015 at 09:16 AM

I have a .25 cal pcp gun at my place and the police and military have seen it and shot it. they both said that air guns are not a problem. Mine is a Sumatra 6 shot lever action. Fun to shoot but really loud.
Here is a Mexican air gun distributor that sell the same gun I have in .25 and 9mm caliber. http://co2airgunsmexico.com/new/?product_cat=precargados

[Edited on 5-4-2015 by larryC]

Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2015 at 07:24 AM

Haha ... We went from getting FAP'd to now it's so fast I gotta budget my internet time! Love it!

DREAM IT! PLAN IT! LIVE IT!
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2015 at 10:07 AM

Yep, I have 21 days left and have gone thru 3.9GB. Definitely will upgrade when I get fap'd.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.