Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: My Week in La Bocana
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2016 at 11:57 AM
My Week in La Bocana

It has been a while since I posted a report about the kids. Recently a guest asked how I kept myself from being bored. It took me a minute to answer since I find life so amazingly fulfilling here in La Bocana. So,just to give everyone an idea of how life here is, here is a recap of this last week:

Les wants all our B&B rooms to have their own bathrooms, so we are in the midst of making a huge septic tank. Planning and Digging and Machinery and Noise:

On Thursday Les and I snuck over to San Ignacio - had coffee at Victor's. It was crowded!

We visited with Gary (who just had a knee replacement) and Terry at the yurts. They are doing great - he and she both lost a lot of weight. Then we drove by La Huerta to see the progress on the new restaurant:

These boys stopped by Friday to tell me our soccer team had won their game! I made us some guacamole and chips to celebrate. One of the goals was made by our little protégé Ramses! I have talked to all the kids on the team and we are trying to reform him into a decent child -soon to become teen - soon to become adult. Hopefully you all remember him from the previous post. He is the kid with green holding baseball glove, on the right. I cannot tell you how cute this kid is. He has dimples you can fit the world in!

The other little one is Iram and he told me his birthday was the next day. So, I told the kids to come at 3:00 on Saturday and we would have cake for him. They did come and it was so fun, Iram got pencils and pens and crayons (what else does a teacher give??).

In the morning, my good friend Minerva,student Karime and I went to the area behind the baseball field and did a one hour clean up. Here is a shot of me and the big bag we filled:

After the clean up, I took Karime for pancakes at the Cabañas restaurant since she said she had never been. She is my 9th grade student and it was nice to get to know her a little better.

Back to the birthday party: after the party, I took the boys to finish the clean up that Minerva, Karime and I hadn't quite finished in the a.m. It is the part of the area closest to the cabañas and therefore closest to the ocean. The kids make a game of it - racing each other to see who can pick up the trash the fastest!

Ramses is the one in the middle - see his smile!?

and there you have a week in the life of Blanca! If anyone is headed south and wants to help out, the soccer club needs BALLS! I need jumpr ropes, hoola hoops and Frisbees and bike patches (other projects).

Being that today was Sunday, I prayed for ya'all! Semana Santa is over and school starts up mañana.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 4-3-2016 at 03:10 PM

You're an Angel Banca, but that sounds like a slow week for you. Even with your updates, the average nomad doesn't have a clue what a huge impact you and Les make in your community. Your work inspires me, and thanks for the prayers!

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
cliffh
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2016 at 03:29 PM

Don't for get the Rv hook-up!!!
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2016 at 06:34 PM

I like the "I heart Poland" t-shirt. No doubt from your trip last year which I really enjoyed. It's impressive how you and Les have made a life in La Bocana. Good work/life all around.
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 4-3-2016 at 08:28 PM

Wonderful post! Thanks for the update.

You are never lacking for activities, or young people to help around the town to make it a better place.

Good luck with the septic and new bathrooms!

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2016 at 08:34 PM

Great to see the kids so involved.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2016 at 09:38 AM

thanks all! I love my life and am grateful for every moment.

as you know, without the Baja helpers, it would not be possible. I pray that God keeps each of you healthy and wealthy.

:biggrin:

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-4-2016 at 09:53 AM

Great to hear from you neighbour! As usual you are doing wonderful work and play in your village...atta girl!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2016 at 05:46 PM

Shari - we must get together one of these days! It has been far too long. Is the taco place still open on Saturdays?

Come visit La Bocana

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-5-2016 at 09:10 AM

Indeed Blanca...check with me before you come as sometimes they are closed for family reasons. We will plan a wee gathering with whoever is around...look forward to it!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.