Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cabo Riviera Renascent in Baja Sur
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2016 at 01:14 PM
Cabo Riviera Renascent in Baja Sur

Just announced today that what was left of Cabo Riviera marina, golf, etc. resorts here in East Cape is coming back up out of the rust and dust as Costa Palmas. The developer is Jason Grosfeld who partnered with Trump on the never finished towers in Rosarita Beach in Northern Baja.

Can someone from up that way save me some research and Cliff's Notes for me what happened up there please?
UnoMas
Nomad

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 4-7-2016 at 07:25 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that Trump had nothing to do with the development in Rosarito. He just sold his name to it which in turn made many feel that it would be safe investment. The outcome was many lost their life savings on this project.
apple
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2016 at 07:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by UnoMas  
He just sold his name to it

That sounds like more than 'nothing'
UnoMas
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2016 at 08:17 PM

Apple,
He was not the developer so it's failure can not be attributed to him directly. Not that he couldn't be more responsible to which he lends his name to. Some do believe his name means Quality but don't think the blame can be attributed to him. Same ol' same ol' when investing in Mexico. Buyer beware, If you can"t see it don't buy it, don't get caught up in the early investment hype.
Google it there is a lot of info there.
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 4-7-2016 at 08:45 PM

His daughter made the sizzle tape for the project. It was definitely inferd that his was on board. I went to the roll out with a interested friend. He wanted to know what I thought.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 05:03 AM

The outfall from a TJ primary sewage treatment plant dumps out to the ocean along the south side of this project. That should have given pause to any investors.

Floatflyer
Nomad

Mood: Wet & Cold

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 07:25 AM

http://press.fourseasons.com/news-releases/2016/los-cabos-de...
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 07:41 AM

Yeah, that's the one down here. Now to my question: What really happened at Playas Tijuana "The Back Story".
Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 12:02 PM

Everyone whom was born and raised here has seen the arroyo severely flood this site more than once. Before they began this "development" it was a natural wetland and stopover habitat for indigenous and migrating birds. Without the planned breakwater structure along the arroyo beginning in Las Cuevas this area will surely flood again, it's just a matter of time.

Originally the wall was to be the first thing built, but showing marina progress was deemed more important to sell lots, then the recession hit. Lot sales slowed and Cabo Riviera became the target of law suits from lot buyers for lack of progress, and suppliers for lack of payment for goods and services rendered.

Four Seasons or not, without the flood abatement plan, this thing is doomed. Not to mention the very reliable "coya", north wind from December into March. Unless your guests are all wind sport enthusiasts you might have a hard time filing those rooms in the dead of winter. After all, down in the Los Cabos corridor where they are protected from the north wind, the better golfers can usually keep their straight shots in the fairway.

In addition, their glossy online add looks very similar to the controversial "Tres Santos" thing over in Todos Santos. Targeting a sort of holistic market with promises of field to table organic fare, wellness centers, and and the like. Judging from the young adult with children models in the adds, they are targeting a much younger audience than the baby boomers.
I find that interesting......maybe the older crowd knows about the flooding.
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 03:10 PM

Jorge - how far is this holistic hunk of hooey from La Ribera?

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
Bill Collector
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 03:14 PM

The small print regarding the "Four Season"
Four Seasons Resort and Private Residences Los Cabos at Costa Palmas™ are not owned, developed or sold by Four Seasons Hotels Limited or its affiliates (Four Seasons). The developer, Desarolladora La Ribera, S. de R.L. de C.V., uses the Four Seasons trademarks and tradenames under a license from Four Seasons Hotels Limited. The marks “FOUR SEASONS,” “FOUR SEASONS HOTELS AND RESORTS,” any combination thereof and the Tree Design are registered trademarks of Four Seasons Hotels Limited in Canada and U.S.A. and of Four Seasons Hotels (Barbados) Ltd. elsewhere.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 03:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Osprey  

Can someone from up that way save me some research and Cliff's Notes for me what happened up there please?

"After 4 1/2 years of litigation, Trump settled the lawsuit against him in November 2013, for an undisclosed amount. Trump's developer partners, Jason Grosfeld, Adam Fisher and Irongate Developers had earlier settled with the buyers for $7.25 million.[6] The attorneys representing almost 200 buyers in the litigation venued in Los Angeles County were Bart I. Ring and Daniel J. King."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Ocean_Resort_Baja_Mexico

The wikipedia entry contains references.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 03:45 PM

Paul, the hotel will be just to the west of the jetty to the channel to the existing marina. The internet says Jason Grosfeld, Trump's partner in the Playas de Tijuana debacle of 2009 is the developer. He settled early with the Ocean Club buyers up north for 7.25 million dollars; Trump paid A LOT MORE to the 200 buyers.

I wonder how Cabo Riviera lot owners will be treated now.
imlost
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 05:21 PM

You know what really bothers me about all of this? There's no real mention of the community that was raped to create/perpetuate this development. NOWHERE in the Fourseasons webpage or the Costa Palmas webpage does it mention LA RIBERA. They conveniently skirt around it by calling it "Los Cabos" and "East Cape". Make no mistake about it, folks - This is at the community of La Ribera. It seems really disrespectful of this developer to not to recognize this community.

More accurate than to consider it part of "Los Cobos" would be to call it, "Hecho por el hombre del Cabo".

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 05:32 PM

From this photo, I can see Osprey's house!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 07:54 AM

It's this kind of deception that makes me crazy. The developer omits any mention of La Ribera, a sleepy fishing village that has heard this tune before, but boldly name-drops Four Seasons while distancing itself from it in fine print. Tres Santos is doing the opposite - embracing the name of the Pueblo Magico while manhandling fishermen and pilfering the town's water supply.

Kudos to this community for uncovering some of the connections - and disconnections.

[Edited on 4-9-2016 by pauldavidmena]

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
UnoMas
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 11:44 AM

How can that be true! Trump Never settles lawsuits....His own words....:lol::lol::lol:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.