Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Complete newbie here. Driving by car from Phoenix to La Paz
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 6-1-2016 at 09:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
I assume yu will be traveling on I-8 from Gila Bend and crosing into Baja at Tecate and here's a hint for the best way to do that;

When you reach the summit at a village called Bulevard DON"T take the exit that says SR 94. If you do you will be on a very windy narrow road where many accidents occur.
Instead continue west on I-8 about 18 miles more to Buckman Springs Rd. (there's a rest stop there) which is a wide road with very few curves. When you get to end you will hit SR94, turn right and follow that to Tecate Rd, (highway 188) turn left and follow it to brder crossing. Then take MX 2 through Valle Guadalupe to Ensenada.

He can also cross at San Luis, Algadones, or Mexicali and take 5.
I said I ASSUME he woud be taken I-8. I personally like Algadones > MX 5 > Tecate better but my wife hates it

Bob Durrell
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.