Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Stolen Motorcycle Coyote Cals erendira 7 24 16
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2016 at 12:49 PM

Been hearing about quite a bit of petty theft in the area as of late through friends.

In that pre-Google Earth and social media epoch, The Code was adhered to. It was based on a simple verity: if a locale had been transformational for you, and you had put the hard yards in to get there and to learn it, to know it, why in god�s name would you broadcast the news, thus ruining the future experience not only for yourself, but for future adventurers?
BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2016 at 02:44 PM

I may be going by the area in a few days, and could put up some flyers, down to San Quintin, at Old Mill, etc. Maybe a reward flyer in english y espanol will catch someone's attention.

When I've stayed there I always worried about someone rolling my bike away and right down the hill into a truck. Usually used a padlock through the front disc. Just a light plastic shelled one is easy to carry on the bike, and at least reguires some effort to move the bike.

Sorry to hear about the theft. U2U me a picture, or any more distinguishing features so I can keep an eye out. Hopefully it will turn up before I leave though.
Bajavanadu
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2016 at 08:06 AM

Really sorry to hear that, but thank you for your post. Up until now I had always thought Cals was safe and secure.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-28-2016 at 08:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
There is a small gang of thieves,that live in Erendira that go after dirt bikes.They are well known to police.I know the story I think you guys got there way late at night.Coyotes has lock down cage,that will hold 3/5 bikes.Or bikes need be inside courtyard,Or big lock.Never leave unlocked bike out.Since I live in the area,Im checking with all riding buddys if they see this bike. You can PM me if you like,as I wont post here more info.Sorry for your bad luck,I hope this bike comes back to you.

this is actually good news as if it is a known band of theives, the cops or one of the band could get your bike back for a good reward...they will know where it is...so you need someone on the ground to visit the cops or local thugs and wave cash at them.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2016 at 08:46 AM

Ah Mexico. Any idea how much it would cost to buy back your property from the police? Just curious.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-28-2016 at 09:44 AM

depends on alot of circumstances. I can tell you from experience that what doesnt work is when gringos leave the scene of the theft and expect the cops to follow up. They think if you leave that you dont really care about getting it back. One either needs to be there personally bugging them or have someone else present to represent them and keep the pressure up.

If someone who locally knows the cops... that is best and they can chat with the best cop and sound out what it would take to get the goods back. It is complicated but can be effective if the right people are involved...capiche?

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
mcnut
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2016 at 11:24 AM

Agree with Shari, but the folks with the most to lose is Coyote Cals as they have an ongoing business in the community and the rider likely only visits infrequently (if ever again after this). CC needs to follow up as an agent of the owner.
The good news is that based on CC's Facebook they are infact very involved in the recovery of the bike.
As a gringo tourist I rely on business which cater to us being relatively secure and safe and should there be a problem using their influence with the locals to correct and curtail such problems or the community can kiss those jobs and $ goodby.

Bruce

[Edited on 7-28-2016 by mcnut]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.