BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: change in fido tax law?
Spearo
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2016 at 07:01 AM
change in fido tax law?

Hola amigos
I just received a letter through DHL to my home in the states. It appears to be from HSBC who holds my fido. The letter is hard to understand but I will quote:

"in order to comply with current tax provisions, specific with the 25 Annex of the 'Resolucion Miscelanea Fiscal' (Mexican Taxes Law) published in the Official Gazette on January 12 2016, the W form with self certification purposes that apply to you as a new part that adheres to the trust in reference."

The letter then lists a web link to an IRS pages that leads no where. I am guessing that the "W form" is the W-9 which is my tax id number i.e. SSN. I am not in the habit of giving that out. They list a return address that is seems to be the bank branch where I pay my taxes in Cabo and the letter does contain my correct fido number.

So fellow Nomads, what say ye?

Anyone else have an experience like this? Is this for real?

Thanks in advance

Were it not for the abdomen, man would easily reckon himself a god.

Friedrich Nietzsche
BajaUtah
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2016 at 07:30 AM

I just paid my 2016/17 fido fee to Scotiabank last week. There was no mention of any tax forms or w9s being required. Just like the last 2 years they send me an email and I send them a check. Easy Peasy Adios Dinero.

Andy
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-19-2016 at 08:34 AM

Mail a response asking for more info and the ask that the manager contact you via email.

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2016 at 08:46 AM

In short: There was a request to report to IRS foreign trusts as sources of income, it was subsequently ruled that the fidis that do not earn profit are not required to be reported. It's your personal decision as to what you should do.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-19-2016 at 09:10 AM

as I understand it there is no change

you should contact the bank that holds your fido

you need to fill out a form stating address that you live
its simple but you need to do it yourself

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.