Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: WHY Baja?
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 05:09 PM
WHY Baja?

I just thought I would throw this out there. Why do people move to Baja for more than 6 months of the year or forever? I had my reasons but I am curious to hear from others?
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 05:13 PM

You have the best avatar of all time.

I live in the USA but if I could I would be in Baja for more than 6 months of the year for the food, weather, oceans, seas, adventure, friendly people, the sights, the remoteness, and the surf. That probably gets old after 3 months so I may need to refine my answer as some real locals are about to post and make me look like a young Baja kook..........

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 05:18 PM

For me it's to spend the winter cheaply and simply on a warm Bahia Concepcion beach with my boat anchored in warm clear water in front of my beachside trailer.
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 05:31 PM

I do not think I was taken with the idea until I saw the vista of Bahia Asuncion driving in on the old sand road. It took my breath away and love followed from first sight. Then the people warmed me with friendship and honesty. I love the sun and sea but now I know nature is not always blissful and I have never been keen on the food but encantada por siempre.
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 05:35 PM

Thanks for the avatar compliment...can not go wrong with Don Quixote. We are always tilting windmills and inadvertently causing trouble along the way.
bledito
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 06:39 PM

the sun, the sand, the sea, the beach, the mountains, the cost, the climate. In the US it is too expensive to be right up close to all those things or even to have all those things in one place.
MulegeAL
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 06:47 PM

Done with northern bleak rainy cloudy winters. 50+ of those was enough for this lifetime. It was getting clinically depressing.

I call it (baja) "learn from the whales."

It is fun to down a beer in the baja winter sun for sure, hoy!
Sandlefoot
Nomad

Mood: Home

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 06:52 PM

I like all the things that have already been posted, but would add at least one more....I like being treated like an adult. In the states they want to control everything, relieving everyone of all responsibility. Here I can do what I want and there are repercussions for everything. If you do good they are good!!! :D If you do bad...they are real bad. :no: But it is still my choice!!!:bounce:;D

Happy Trails

Mike

" Don't find fault, find a remedy; anyone can complain." Henry Ford

If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up to much space!

Just because it may not be a good idea does not mean it will not be fun!!!

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 06:59 PM

I came, I saw, I loved all the above mentioned....but I stayed for my daughter. I witnessed how well behaved & happy the children were and how important family values were and I wanted her to grow up with that. It was a great decision I have never regretted...she grew into a wonderful adult!

AND what's not to love about being able to go to the beach every day! Asuncion has a great year round climate and stunning beauty to feed the soul....and the world's best shrimp tacos!

It aint for everyone but it sure suits me perfectly.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 08:18 PM

Ateo - it doesn't get old at all. Everything you mentioned makes each day awesome.

The hardest part for me is missing the family.

and in our specific case, I do miss having the option of eating Greek or Brazilian or Spanish food at a restaurant. one of the reasons I really like going to la paz.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2016 at 12:34 PM

Yep, all of the for mentioned are great reasons and mostly the same as mine. It is the ones not mentioned that are interesting. There are some things I hear from people when i ask and what I thought when first moving to another country (Canada). Things like political stability, social justice, work, family, health, education, adventure, language, etc. are noted by others and what drew me to Canada. Baja, which I also love, offers totally different things for me.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 9-3-2016 at 12:37 PM

This my reason also.
(BTW, my sister is now visiting B/A).

I also have a place near the blow hole in Ensenada.

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
I came, I saw, I loved all the above mentioned....but I stayed for my daughter. I witnessed how well behaved & happy the children were and how important family values were and I wanted her to grow up with that. It was a great decision I have never regretted...she grew into a wonderful adult!

AND what's not to love about being able to go to the beach every day! Asuncion has a great year round climate and stunning beauty to feed the soul....and the world's best shrimp tacos!

It aint for everyone but it sure suits me perfectly.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.