Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Trip to the dentist III
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 12:29 PM
Trip to the dentist III

So, yesterday was the third and last trip to San Ignacio with the two last teens - Ahilyn (first time ever to the dentist) and Omar, second time after going 2 days ago and getting 2 cavities filled plus having a baby tooth removed. If you look at his face, he is not really thrilled poor thing!

On the other side of the table is a woman taking a picture, who came in with three kids -the young ones you see next to her. Well, she was told she would be in with the dentist for about an hour and as soon as she stepped in, the little one (about 1 year old) started to bawl.

and I mean bawl loudly. I grabbed a piece of chocolate and held it out. Bawling easily dropped significant decibels.

Picked him up and whispered....you can have it but you have to stop crying. IT WORKED! For about 20 minutes. After that he started rubbing his eyes/crying and I figured he was tired, so I picked him up and rocked him until Mom finally came out - looking crooked in the face due to anesthesia. That was my good deed for the day. It actually made me feel like a true mom (been quite a while since I rocked a baby to sleep) again and I confess to loving every second.

Soon, Ahilyn went in. She was a Trooper and never wimpered. Her teeth got cleaned and her one cavity filled. Great teeth said Doc Roger and hooray went my inside voice.

From Doc Roger, who does cleanings, she jumped over to Doc Ray, who does fillings:

And lastly, Omar got two more fillings and still has 2 cavities to go, which will have to wait until the next clinic. Or I may try to get a dentist I went to in Vizcaino help us out since one girl (Karime) never went to this clinic this time as she wears braces and that interferes with fillings, I think. And Adriana still has 2 cavities that need to be seen to too:

Next year, I have asked to have one full morning set aside for my group.....driving La Bocana to San Ignacio and back three times was incredibly tiring - I know the position of every single pothole, should anyone be interested LOL

Thanks for the sponsoring of the gas money - it was wonderful and I am really grateful.

[Edited on 11-11-2016 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.