Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Best affordable (?) Tequila in Baja
DocRey
Nomad

Mood: Cautiously Optimistic

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 09:17 PM

Mercado Del Mar in Popotla has a pretty awesome selection of every tequila there is (IMHO).
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 09:46 PM

I'll vote for El Charro tequila. About 162 Pesos for a liter and the package comes with a 250 ml. bottle.

It is available at Licores Don Pisto in the Rosarito area. Calimax, and Commercial Mexicana grocery stores.

I'll also throw a vote for Kirkland silver, available both in the USA and Baja Costcos. Last I remember, it was REALLY reasonable.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

8knots
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 10:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
At COSTCO, Elixir De Agave El Capricho Maduro 750 ML, great sipping stuff - straight.....about 107 pesos per bottle

https://www.zeetequila.com/products/El-Capricho-Maduro-Agave...

[Edited on 12-20-2016 by bajaguy]

This really is good stuff and the price for the quality is hard to beat.
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 12-20-2016 at 05:37 PM

If you are buying, please stock this

Another fav is any of these

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2016 at 12:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Coralejo hands down! It is that beautiful tall blue bottle and is great for sipping. Super Ley supermarkets has it on sale now.

but my favorite is a tequila mixed with damiana and it comes in a squat roundish low bottle that is like a leaf carved into the blue/green glass bottle...I cant remember what it's called but it's lovely.

I agree with you Shari about the taste... but the damn tall bottles!!! Have a couple shot and a couple doobies and somebody will knock it over and no more Correlejo!
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 12-21-2016 at 01:04 PM

Correlejo is good, and second on the darn tall bottles. Used to love Chinaco for sipping but pricey and maybe not as good as it once was (or my taste buds have gotten better). Eons ago our choice for the weekend Baja trip was a bottle of Orendain Anejo--came with a ceramic shotglass too--for $3.50 it was pretty smooth. No idea what it costs now and probably not as good as I remember.
soylent_green
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2016 at 01:13 PM

"La Catrina" Tequileria y Mezcaleria in the Soriana Hipermarket parking lot in Ensenada
Reforma and Delante - road heading south of town.

Same owner as Mercado Del Mar in Popotla. The Ensenada store doesnt have as good as a selection as the Popotla store, but honestly that would almost be impossible to duplicate.

I've never seen a better collection of tequilas than Mercado Del Mar on both sides of the border. Id bet you would have to go to Jalisco to find something comparable. Don Blas, the owner, is a great resource and can recommend to you something for your specific tastes.

---
Low cost mixing blanco - Purasangre Blanco Liter bottle. Something like $200 pesos. Best deal in town.

Best "blow your socks off" Blanco - Tapatio 110 proof

Best sipping Blanco for non tequila drinkers - Clase Azul, but not cheap

====

Great place in TJ for tequila and all spirits is La Playa chain's Tijuana store on Paseo de Los Heroes. Mexican version of Bevmo.

[Edited on 12-21-2016 by soylent_green]
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 12-21-2016 at 01:38 PM

Triple dittos on Corralejo. It'll run about $24 (u.s.) a bottle in Baja, is $46 here in the States. A fine sipping tequila, I won't even put it on ice. Buy the blue bottle, don't waste your money on the red one. Also a good tequila WILL spoil, so use in a timely fashion. If you want to mix or do 'shooters' buy a cheaper brand.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

kevin_in_idaho
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2016 at 03:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Coralejo hands down! It is that beautiful tall blue bottle and is great for sipping. Super Ley supermarkets has it on sale now.

but my favorite is a tequila mixed with damiana and it comes in a squat roundish low bottle that is like a leaf carved into the blue/green glass bottle...I cant remember what it's called but it's lovely.

Shari,
Thanks. Are the Super Ley markets all around Baja or is there a better place to get tequila? Mercardo or ????
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2016 at 03:27 PM

I donīt know abaout sams club baja but down here I can get Cazadores 1.75 litres for under 300 mxn;).
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.