Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Meat/Fruit/Veggie regulation enforcement
hermosok123
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2016 at 03:08 PM

Several months ago I spent 2 hours at Mexican customs waiting for the female officer to decide to assist us in paying our duties. We had 3 solar panels and payed the 16% tax. On to the food: the Mexican national I was with was chatting with the 4 other Mexican crossers and the topic of food came up. It was their opinion that it is a tit for tat deal and that they never get hassled. This time of year for nationals you can bring 500usd worth of goods across excepting construction stuff. 300usd for gringos. The locals were of the opinion that without a receipt they can turn you around. If you wait for a big truck or trailer to cross in front of you chances are better you will skate. Better a van.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-22-2016 at 07:56 PM

Came southbound through San Ysidro this afternoon (3:15pm)

Flagged into "secondary" and the Aduana guy looked in my ice chest (full of various types of food, dairy, meat and veggies and also a couple of Trader Joe's bags full of food..........his response was "have a Merry Christmas
Bluto

[*] posted on 12-23-2016 at 12:31 PM

That's what we are doing then..going thru San Ysidro.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2016 at 02:50 PM

"The Ministry of Agriculture prohibits the following goods since they represent a great risk for the introduction of plagues and diseases: earth, straw, padded containers of hay, straw decorations without processing; homemade foods; flours of animal origin; fresh, dry, canned or frozen meat and meat products, such as smoky, salted and mature sausages that have been elaborated in countries under absolute quarantine (Europe, Africa, Asia and South America). For additional information please visit the website" www.sagarpa.gob.mx"https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/reinounido/index.php/es/visas/79
If it is not on the prohibited list, you can bring it into Mexico, but they may charge you a duty if they determine that it's beyond a reasonable amount for personal use.
https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/reinounido/index.php/es/visas/7...

[Edited on 12-23-2016 by monoloco]

"The future ain't what it used to be"
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 12-24-2016 at 08:45 AM

When I cross I have a refrigerator in the back of my SUV filled with food. I also have fishing gear, etc. They ask me if I am on vacation and I always say yes. Never searched. Same at military checkpoints. They want tourist dollars and are doing a good job. But if you say you have a house (like my father in law) you will get your vehicle searched and x-rayed!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.