Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hugh Kramer, Discover Baja Travel Club
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 02:30 PM
Hugh Kramer, Discover Baja Travel Club

Received this earlier today:

It’s with a heavy heart that I share the news of the passing of my husband, Discover Baja Travel Club President and co-founder, Hugh Kramer. Hugh and I founded Discover Baja in 1991 out of our love for the Baja peninsula, its people, culture, and natural wonders.

Hugh’s first trip to Baja was in the mid-60s, and after he and I were married in the early 70s, Baja became a favorite destination for exploring the breathtaking deserts, majestic mountains, and pristine beaches. When our children, Jen and David, were born in the 80s, the peninsula became a place where our family adventures became lifelong memories.

Hugh had a passion and love for Baja that he was always enthusiastic to share with members. His gregarious and generous personality would find him talking for hours with members who came into the office. This same warmth extended to our staff, whom he treated and loved like family.

Hugh built Discover Baja from the ground up, and over the years worked joyously to enhance the trips of all of the members he loved so much. He loved being an entrepreneur, and was dedicated to making connections with other business owners in Baja, building enduring friendships throughout the peninsula.

It was in an early newsletter that Hugh wrote, “Our aim through Discover Baja is to enhance your experience of Baja California. We want the Club to be your best travel information source as you explore the marvels and probe the mysteries of this fascinating and ever-changing peninsula.”

Carrying on Hugh's legacy, we will work diligently to continue his mission to serve you and to make your Baja travels as enjoyable as possible.

-Carol & the DBTC Staff
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 02:32 PM

Hugh was always there to help and answer questions.

May he rest in peace, GOD speed Hugh.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 02:35 PM

Damn!! RIP Hugh.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 03:25 PM

Hugh always had the big happy smile and was so welcoming at the Discover Baja parties and slideshows. I will miss seeing and visiting with him.

I read the email and sent my condolences to Carol, Jen, and the staff at Discover Baja.

Some photos when Hugh and Carol were at my Viva Baja parties.....

Carol and Hugh of Discover Baja Travel Club. They work hard to help their members have the best possible travel experience, glad you guys took some time off to have fun! [Viva Baja-2, 2001]

Hugh Kramer tells us about the new Baja Almanac coming soon to the Discover Baja Travel Club. He is holding a Mexico Highway 1 decal. [Viva Baja-4, 2003]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2018 at 03:27 AM

DEP

What a sad day. They came to visit us way back in the day and we had a couple days of soooooooooooo much talk about Baja.

When we used to go to the store, I bought many a Baja book from their collection.

Bye Hugh and thanks for all you did for Baja!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 7-27-2018 at 01:06 PM

Super friendly people. Loved the store.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 7-29-2018 at 07:36 AM

Descanse en paz Hugh Cramer. :(

MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2018 at 08:30 PM

Hugh was such a Baja fanatic and all around nice guy. Hadn't seen him in a couple years, but will miss him.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.