Mother of Dragons
Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 5-9-2019 at 10:49 AM
Introduction

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by Mother of Dragons  
Dear Khaleesi, you will soon graduate from newbie status and we will see your avatar.

Ha ha :spingrin: I’m getting closer to the 25.
Khalessi is my favorite character although Arya is now sharing that spot with her :cool:

Yes, you are!

Unless you did, and I missed it, how about making a new post telling us about you? Several new Nomads start out with an introduction of themselves and sometimes include:
What they like to do (or want to do) in Baja?
What they drive (a big deal if a 4WD)?
What are their favorite places? (If you are a surfer, then you have pressure put upon you to maintain secrecy over the good spots, often under the code name "Seven Sisters" lol!)

[Edited on 5-4-2019 by David K]

Time got away with me with some work I was doing and I didn't find an introduction thread so I will just do it here.

Well I have been in love with Baja my whole life and I'm a SoCal girl so have been going down my whole life.
What I like to do down there really depends on who I am with or if I am alone. I love four wheeling but I am just a the passenger in that scenario and I will get on a dirt bike too. I ride with my dragons, for fun..not like they ride.
This trip I am coming alone so it will be all about swimming, snorkling, people watching, walking town, eating tons at La Fuente, hopefully running into some gringos that live there to hear the inside scoop, I would like to spend a lot more time or move there when my dragons graduate high school, 3 more years, so that interests me a lot.
Let's see..I am a Laguna girl, living right now on the Central Coast though. I used to spend a lot of time in Cabo before it became Mazatlan partytime meets Resort Hotel central..not my cup of tea.
I discovered, for myself that is, La Paz after seeing a photo a woman had posted of Isla Espiritu on her blog and was there within 2 months and totally in love.
The one thing I want to do there is kayak with the whales. I love whales so much. I have been unable to find anyone that wants to drive with me there one Feb/March so it hasn't happened and while I am not scared to drive Mex alone I am scared of something going wrong with my car and being totally stuck...I can't even change a tire. So I need to learn how and just do it alone next year. I am so tired of people citing how dangerous Baja is..I feel safer there anyday.

I will be there May 29 for just a week if anyone wants to meet up.
Thank you..Susanna

[Edited on 5-9-2019 by Mother of Dragons]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-9-2019 at 10:57 AM

Thank you MoD for that introduction. (General Baja Discussion forum is probably the place for such, and Doug will probably move this post there unless you repost it).

Many single women have traveled to Baja and many are on Baja Nomad. They all have great stories to share. See old posts from Paulina, Wilderone, Alejandra de Baja, jeans, just to name a few...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Mother of Dragons
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2019 at 11:12 AM

Thank you MoD for that introduction. (General Baja Discussion forum is probably the place for such, and Doug will probably move this post there unless you repost it).

Many single women have traveled to Baja and many are on Baja Nomad. They all have great stories to share. See old posts from Paulina, Wilderone, Alejandra de Baja, jeans, just to name a few...

Thank you David. Ya know I am not afraid of traveling alone either but I need to learn some basic car stuff like I said.
Thank you for the names, I will look them up or join a caravan when I do drive down.
Mother of Dragons
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2019 at 12:49 PM

Did the La Paz Restaurants get deleted? I don't see it anymore.

N/M it was moved
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=92678

[Edited on 5-9-2019 by Mother of Dragons]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2019 at 01:25 PM

Sure wish you were coming down sooner, we just got to La Paz for a couple days. I love meeting new folks.

It is safe to drive down during the day. give your vehicle a once over before you come to replace hoses, explain that you will drive 1,000 miles.

If anything goes wrong, someone will be by asking what you need within minutes.

I gave up trying to eat a sandwich by the side of the road when car after car asked if I needed help LOL

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2019 at 02:10 PM

Doug moved this thread out of restaurant reviews and into the General discussion forum. Your restaurant thread is in the same place as before.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2019 at 04:02 PM

"I have been unable to find anyone that wants to drive with me there one Feb/March so it hasn't happened and while I am not scared to drive Mex alone I am scared of something going wrong with my car and being totally stuck.."
Totally understand the predicament, but just pack up, think of the worst case scenario and prepare for it. Make sure you have a good spare, jack, tow strap (I've never had to use it), shovel. I'm very cautious when I drive by myself, and walk sections of sandy roads before I drive them so I don't get stuck. The Universe will be on your side - just go for it - no regrets. My favorite campground is the one at the Ojo de Liebre boat launch (down the road - last one). Hope I can make it next year.
Mother of Dragons
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2019 at 04:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
"I have been unable to find anyone that wants to drive with me there one Feb/March so it hasn't happened and while I am not scared to drive Mex alone I am scared of something going wrong with my car and being totally stuck.."
Totally understand the predicament, but just pack up, think of the worst case scenario and prepare for it. Make sure you have a good spare, jack, tow strap (I've never had to use it), shovel. I'm very cautious when I drive by myself, and walk sections of sandy roads before I drive them so I don't get stuck. The Universe will be on your side - just go for it - no regrets. My favorite campground is the one at the Ojo de Liebre boat launch (down the road - last one). Hope I can make it next year.

Thank you so much.
I am at No Regrets take action time. I’m cautious, not an idiot, but also have a No Regrets attitude for things I need to do that are safe so I just need to learn some basic car repair..change a flat, dig out correctly,.as you said.
Thank you so much
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2019 at 07:47 PM

You said you have a car if you ever consider getting a 4x4 there are some interesting trails you may like. Several Nomads post that they are going to do such and such a trip and want to know if anyone is interested. It makes an easy way to meet people and get experience driving off road.

Here are some good sites you may want to visit. A good off-road book is the "Four-Wheeler's Bible by Jim Allen. Tom Severin, the second site below, uses it in his training classes. Also Harald Pietschmann (4x4abc below) is a Nomad and often post here.

If you do a google search on whatever you want to know several Utubes will come up.

Something to do in your spare time.

http://www.4x4abc.com/

https://www.4x4training.com/w/author/dakotata/

https://www.cartalk.com/

[Edited on 5-10-2019 by TMW]
Mother of Dragons
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2019 at 06:35 AM

Thank you so much TMW. I’ll definitely look at the sites. My older dragon is very into off reading and I love it myself.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2019 at 07:52 AM

The most important tool off-roading is a tire gauge and a tire pump (electric, connects to the battery) because letting the air out of your tires can do more to prevent you from getting stuck or assist you in climbing grades. The pump is to add air when you are back to the pavement or off the beach. The MV-50 pump is good and not real pricey.

Mother of Dragons
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2019 at 03:17 PM

The most important tool off-roading is a tire gauge and a tire pump (electric, connects to the battery) because letting the air out of your tires can do more to prevent you from getting stuck or assist you in climbing grades. The pump is to add air when you are back to the pavement or off the beach. The MV-50 pump is good and not real pricey.

Thank you. I have one in my car but need to get my older dragon one even though he doesn’t have his license yet he has a great Baja rig. Can’t wait to explore with him and the younger dragon.
Good times ahead. Been waiting for this for a long time.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2019 at 07:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mother of Dragons  

Thank you. I have one in my car but need to get my older dragon one even though he doesn’t have his license yet he has a great Baja rig. Can’t wait to explore with him and the younger dragon.
Good times ahead. Been waiting for this for a long time.

Sounds like a great future for the young dragons!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.