Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: The Journeys of Harry Crosby: 4 min. preview to a new film
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-1-2019 at 08:45 AM

I just did a Bing search for 'Mike Overcast Baja'. Wow, not exactly a fan club there!

David, kudos to you for not stooping to throwing a lot negative info about him into this thread!

[Edited on 11-1-2019 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-1-2019 at 09:35 AM

There is no need, he has done all that to himself... I tried to help him years ago when a Nomad couple didn't get their membership kit when they joined his "travel club" so I contacted Mike to help resolve the issue (it was like only $25). After several attempts to get them what they paid for failed, they wanted a refund (naturally). Overcast refused even after I advised him how bad the P.R. feedback would be and not worth $25. He then began a war on Discover Baja Travel Club and that was just sad... Hugh and Carol Kramer were a great couple and it was just so sad to see the hate by this fellow. He then attacked Doug (Baja Nomad) with legal threats that turned out to be from a fake attorney (as I recall). He also said he would like to rip my head off as he walked past me at a Tijuana event I was at, with Doug. The Off-Road Race community has really gotten a bad feeling for him after he made up that he was in charge of a race called Cabo 500 or something. I feel sorry for him and it just didn't need to be that way. He was at my Viva Baja #3 party, with his son in 2002, a photo of them is in that event page.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-1-2019 at 10:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
It was fun for all of us to meet Harry at the Pyramid Resort, too.

David could you comment on this.....any truth or simply BS?

Harry W. Crosby, over many years, has identified David Kiers writings and viewpoints as "less than a child level intelligence travel writer". "David Kier and his misguided book about 'old missions' isn't worth my time".

Over the many years of interviews, Crosby went further during lunch conversations with friends under a friendly tree at a local La Jolla coffee shop.
"David Kier glosses over the destruction of Baja California", "indigenous slavery and the deaths of human beings associated with the Spanish pacification of Mexico. By doing so, he promotes the continued destruction of the people of Baja".

Harry said recently, "the travel promotion of David Kier and anyone supporting him, are guilty of the continued genocide of the people of Mexico".

While Mr. Crosby has been known to be a regular at Pannikiin on Girard in La Jolla (and swimming in the LJHS pool nearby regularly), the comments seem completely inconsistent with the Harry Crosby I know, including that the statements contradict themselves.

I believe you're hurting Mr. Crosby in posting such statements.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-1-2019 at 10:28 AM

'“Harry has the character of Abraham Lincoln and the folksy humor of Will Rogers,” says his friend Dennis Willis'

https://www.lajollalight.com/lifestyle/sd-cm-ljl-people-cros...

His son was Robbin Crosby of the band RATT:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbin_Crosby

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-1-2019 at 10:43 AM

I've now seen the source of those comments.

There are other comments in the same post attributing quotes I've made about David. I've never said those things, nor have I ever had a conversation with that author regarding David Kier. The only conversation I've ever had with that person was when he called me on the phone many years ago, and identified himself as a fictitious attorney.

[Edited on 11-2-2019 by BajaNomad]

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.