BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Valle de Guadalupe
cardifftodd

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 12:56 PM
Valle de Guadalupe

Along with my wife and 10 year old daughter, thinking of taking my mom and stepfather down for a couple nights... maybe one in the valley and one by the coast. Looks like lots of interesting places to stay but wondering if anyone has a personal recommendation?

Also, I have not been down there in some time... anybody have any thoughts on what crossing back into the US would be like on Thanksgiving Day? They don't have GE or Sentri so will have to use normal vehicle lanes.

Thanks.
Nikno
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 01:22 PM

Check out Las Orquiedas Cabins in Valle. Very cute place. It is gated and very private. Each cabin has a terrace with seating and there are nice big fire pits outside. It's centrally located. You can walk to Deckman's which is one of the nicest (and most expensive) restaurants in Valle.

If you have Sentri, you can drop them off before the border and have them walk across while you drive. This will save a lot of time. However, it is not allowed under Sentri rules and you could potentially lose your Sentri pass if you get caught but people do it all of the time. Do it well before the border and have them carry their bags across.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 04:16 PM

We just spent a week down there for our 20th anniversary. We spent three nights at Adobe Guadalupe. It is quiet, charming, relaxing and all around fabulous. One of the nicest places we have stayed anywhere. The staff is incredible, the food is fantastic and the owner is an interesting lady and on site unless she is traveling the world promoting her exceptional wine. They only have six rooms and fill up fast so it may be too late.

We also spent a few nights at El Cielo Resort. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. We had a ground floor 'suite' that included a full kitchen, dining table for 6, living room and outdoor seating area with fireplace. Well appointed bedroom with king size bed and full bathtub/spa and shower. Living room had a sofa bed that would be prefect for your daughter. In the same building and above are separate smaller rooms that would accommodate your folks nicely. The wife and I have spent decades camping in the dirt in all over Baja including our honeymoon and love it. This trip was full on decadent and we loved it and are planning on returning.

Lots of good wine and really good food to had in the Valle these days. As for returning on a holiday (or any day for that matter) I would second Nikno on dropping off. I found that the fastest way back from the Valle was via Hwy 3 and the toll road to Otay Mesa which is where we would drop of our non Sentri passengers to walk across if we ever did such a thing. ;D

On another note the coast won't be much warmer then the Valle so you might as well stay there and explore.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.